Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2023, 14:39   #3256
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
If possible, get the registration number and check from Honda how the car has been serviced. If required pay for a detailed report. The CVT fluid in jazz should be drained and refilled every 2 years. If this has been done religiously, there's no need to worry with the transmission IMO.

Also check the belts in the engine bay for visual signs of degradation. Check if there's screeching when you engage the AC. Check if there's a rough idle on a cold start.
Hi, thanks for your response. I have rejected the Jazz I found on Cars24. Instead I picked up an extremely well maintained and Honda certified Jazz CVT 2016 model from Honda Autoterrace with 1 year Honda Gold warranty.
prince707 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 15:09   #3257

Hello. My Honda Jazz VX Petrol 2018 model is nearing 80,000 kilometers and is around five years old. I usually don't bother with dents and scratches since me and my wife are both rather careless drivers. Suffice to say the front bumper is not in great shape. I'm planning to get the entire car repainted (no colour change). The front bumper shall be replaced. Mine is the 2018 model but I absolutely adore the newer front and back bumpers on the latest Jazz before it was discontinued. I personally always felt that the rear bumper was quite ugly. Since I'm not spending any money on new rims or any other upgrades I'm thinking of replacing the bumpers with newer model along with the fog lamps. To the best of my belief it should be a direct fit and i need not modify any other parts of the vehicle.

Another 20,000 kilometers and I plan to get the front and rear lights upgraded to the latest specs as well, but currently its the above agenda. Any comments would be extremely appreciated.
Harikrishnan_13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 01:34   #3258
BHPian

Hello All,

Just wanted to check on one surpising news of Honda asking me to change my Jazz CVT oil every 2 years! Never in my life have I changed auto gear oil every 2 years. Below is what they sent me to validate this. Is this really necessary? My car is a 2021 done only 15k kms.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231014-15.51.56_6665499f.jpg  

SN88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 09:44   #3259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harikrishnan_13 View Post
Hello. My Honda Jazz VX Petrol 2018 model is nearing 80,000 kilometers and is around five years old. I'm thinking of replacing the bumpers with newer model along with the fog lamps. To the best of my belief it should be a direct fit and i need not modify any other parts of the vehicle.

Another 20,000 kilometers and I plan to get the front and rear lights upgraded to the latest specs as well, but currently its the above agenda. Any comments would be extremely appreciated.
I have a 2022 Honda Jazz VX CVT. This model does not have fog lamps, it only has DRLs. You can't even remove the DRLs and replace with fog lamps, as the fog lamp assembly of ZX is significantly different than the DRL assembly of VX. If you are keen to have foglamps, here are a couple of options.

Option 1: (Not recommended!) You can spend a huge amount (close to INR 26K to 28K) and get the Honda ZX fog lamp assembly. One huge disadvantage of this approach is that the fog lamps are ironically integrated, of non-standard size, and are highly inadequate for the intended purpose, and you can never upgrade to a better setup like IPH M617 or GTR equivalents. You would still be stuck with Honda's inadequate integrated stock foglamps.

Option 2: Buy Honda ZX fog lamp sockets (sockets only). Even these plastic fog lamp sockets cost around INR 12.5K. Buy standard 3" fog lamps of your choice. You will need an expert mechanic to cut these sockets to make room for the 3" fog lamps (it is painful to see them cut those INR 12.5K good looking sockets but we can take it as a tailer needing to cut expensive cloth to make a good suit).

Beware: Both options require electrical modifications in a VX model. Honda will never agree to letting you do this and will keep scaring you saying the warranty will be voided.

In my case, I was annoyed beyound limit with Honda's appalling approach and audacity in advising me: Sir, our cars are quite safe, our stock lights are quite enough, and no accident has been reported due to inadequate lighting!!!

I went with Option 2 with my trusted local mechanic, and have been very satisfied with IPH M617 tri-colour LED fog lamps added to my Jazz VX CVT. You would also need an extra switch to operate the fog lamps as the VX 2022 model does not have fog lamp controls in the main assembly. My night drives have become safer with a far better illumination of the road and potholes etc. Make sure you position it low, in such a way that it causes zero inconvenience to the oncoming vehicles.

Total fog lamp upgrade cost to me was around 26K: 14K for wiring + relay + fog lamp sockets (make sure you buy Honda original and not after-market ones as the latter are too flimsy) + 7K approx. for fog lamps + 5K approx. charged by mechanic.

Is it a steep price? May be yes, but worth every penny for the safety it has offered post the upgrade!

I also upgraded the stock halogen headlamps with Osram 25W 6000K LED, which while was better than stock halogen, but the missing-yellowness was a big issue especially in monsoon and with oncoming traffic with yellow high beams!! I then further upgraded the headlamps to Osram 50W LED 4200K (https://www.planetcarcare.com/produc...00k-6000k-pair) and this headlight + fog lamp combo is serving us well. For the colour temperature I would always recommend going with yellowish (4200K) rather than whitish (6000K), having experienced both in various weather conditions, but to each their own.

With this powerful setup, I do not use high beams at all, not even on the highways, to avoid straining (a) oncoming drivers and (b) even cars ahead of us. I use it only sparingly and momentarily, to retaliate, when a bugger flashes high beam in my eyes.

Last edited by jaysheth : 21st October 2023 at 09:53. Reason: Added cost and few more recommendations
jaysheth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 16:37   #3260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN88 View Post
Hello All,

Just wanted to check on one surpising news of Honda asking me to change my Jazz CVT oil every 2 years! Never in my life have I changed auto gear oil every 2 years. Below is what they sent me to validate this. Is this really necessary? My car is a 2021 done only 15k kms.
The flyer does not mention anything about 2 years interval. What does the service manual say?
Old 21st October 2023, 16:40   #3261
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
The flyer does not mention anything about 2 years interval. What does the service manual say?
2 years for the CVT.

https://www.hondacarindia.com/owners...06278046-12186
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 16:57   #3262
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

Just wanted to check on one surpising news of Honda asking me to change my Jazz CVT oil every 2 years! Never in my life have I changed auto gear oil every 2 years.
There is nothing surprising as CVT is special, and this is in line with the service manual. Jazz CVT offers an extremely smooth and refined ride, and to maintain the transmission in top condition we must change the engine oil, oil filter and (CVT) transmission oil as advised in the service manual.

I double checked my 2022 Jazz CVT manual, and it is to be replaced every 2 years indeed.

Do however ensure that they don't accidentally put ATF (Automatic Tranmission Fluid). That would be a disaster. It must be CVTFHCF2 (product description HCF-2(13CVTF)). You will find a horror story somewhere on Team-BHP.
jaysheth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 22:08   #3263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysheth View Post
There is nothing surprising as CVT is special, and this is in line with the service manual. Jazz CVT offers an extremely smooth and refined ride, and to maintain the transmission in top condition we must change the engine oil, oil filter and (CVT) transmission oil as advised in the service manual.

I double checked my 2022 Jazz CVT manual, and it is to be replaced every 2 years indeed.

Do however ensure that they don't accidentally put ATF (Automatic Tranmission Fluid). That would be a disaster. It must be CVTFHCF2 (product description HCF-2(13CVTF)). You will find a horror story somewhere on Team-BHP.
I'm assuming Hyundai/Kia IVT to be similar technology and there is no such service requirement. Wondering why Honda transmission needs so frequent oil change. Am I missing something?
Old 23rd October 2023, 11:37   #3264
BHPian

Quote:
I'm assuming Hyundai/Kia IVT to be similar technology and there is no such service requirement. Wondering why Honda transmission needs so frequent oil change. Am I missing something?
I have no idea about Hyundai/KIT IVT fluid requirements, hence can't comment. But (on a side note) having test-driven an i20 IVT, it is not even comparable with a Jazz CVT, the latter is far, far more refined. I had to press the i20 accelerator pedal so hard to get to some speed. My sister's i20 Sportz IVT does not even offer half the mileage of what Jazz CVT does! Hence I am not able to see these cars as even comparable in general. Again, all this is from my very limited experience of i20 IVT and a good experience of Jazz CVT.
Old 24th October 2023, 18:55   #3265
BHPian

Quote:
Honda guys are calling me and saying Jazz needs it every 2 years!
Old 25th October 2023, 01:12   #3266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have no idea about Hyundai/KIT IVT fluid requirements, hence can't comment. But (on a side note) having test-driven an i20 IVT, it is not even comparable with a Jazz CVT, the latter is far, far more refined. I had to press the i20 accelerator pedal so hard to get to some speed. My sister's i20 Sportz IVT does not even offer half the mileage of what Jazz CVT does! Hence I am not able to see these cars as even comparable in general. Again, all this is from my very limited experience of i20 IVT and a good experience of Jazz CVT.
Quote:
Honda guys are calling me and saying Jazz needs it every 2 years!
I don't know about difference between the Honda vs other CVT but I find it strange that Honda would need maintenance every 2 years whereas others are supposedly sealed for life (though it may still need oil replacement at some interval I guess). I have driven Hyundai/Kia CVTs and they are quite smooth and fuel efficient, may not beat Honda but still quite close.
Old 25th October 2023, 07:05   #3267

Quote:
I have a 2022 Honda Jazz VX CVT. This model does not have fog lamps, it only has DRLs. You can't even remove the DRLs and replace with fog lamps, as the fog lamp assembly of ZX is significantly different than the DRL assembly of VX. If you are keen to have foglamps, here are a couple of options.
I’m not keen on having fog lamps. I just want to change the front and rear bumpers to whatever is the latest ones put out by honda on the stock jazz. If they are DRLs instead of fog lamps thats fine by me.
Old 27th October 2023, 23:24   #3268
BHPian

Quote:
.... upgraded the headlamps to Osram 50W LED 4200K (https://www.planetcarcare.com/produc...00k-6000k-pair) ...
With this powerful setup...
I am running these headlamps and I can vouch for the light output. The stock lights caused eye strain during night drives. With these lights I can munch miles at night with zero issues.
Old 13th November 2023, 08:57   #3269
BHPian

Hello everyone,
My wife owns a 2019 Jazz VX CVT done around 15000 kms and she is super happy with the car. Her only gripe is the suspension, which she finds bouncy compared to my Innova Crysta. Any suggestions or recommended upgrades will be of great help.
Thanks and regards
Bravo
Old 15th January 2024, 14:36   #3270

I came here looking to validate my thoughts on Honda Jazz Automatic, and I am so glad to see the general opinion is very positive. Now if I could only get my hand on a well-maintained Honda Jazz CVT.... anyone selling theirs in BLR?

I would prefer to avoid Spinny and its other avatars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks