Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2024, 15:04   #3271
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I don't know about difference between the Honda vs other CVT but I find it strange that Honda would need maintenance every 2 years whereas others are supposedly sealed for life (though it may still need oil replacement at some interval I guess). I have driven Hyundai/Kia CVTs and they are quite smooth and fuel efficient, may not beat Honda but still quite close.
Hi, I drive a 2017 Jazz and have pro-actively got CVT oil changed at around every 16-18k KMs as I drive in chock a block traffic of Mumbai. I believe this will help in longer life of the Car , if done by expert mechanics.
Old 15th January 2024, 16:15   #3272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Hello everyone,
My wife owns a 2019 Jazz VX CVT done around 15000 kms and she is super happy with the car. Her only gripe is the suspension, which she finds bouncy compared to my Innova Crysta.
Comparing the ride of the Jazz with that of the Innova Crysta is a bit unfair, don't you think!? What I've experienced is that the Jazz & even the City have quite a bouncy ride at highway speeds. Maybe something wrong with the platform - I'm not sure. The Jazz however makes up for the ride with its wonderful space management & refinement! Enjoy the car as it is.
Old 15th January 2024, 17:16   #3273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Comparing the ride of the Jazz with that of the Innova Crysta is a bit unfair, don't you think!? Enjoy the car as it is.
While it's undeniably unfair to a considerable extent, the notable difference is hard to overlook. Currently, I've incorporated silicon buffers (Rogerab brand) on both front and rear springs, resulting in a substantial enhancement in ride quality. Space management is undoubtedly impeccable, making it challenging to find a worthy replacement for the Jazz.
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 13:00   #3274
BHPian

Hi folks. My 2017 Jazz MT petrol is in Honda service centre for routine maintenance.
It is 5 years 8 months old with 35000kms on odo. Service advisor has advised 54 months/90000kms schedule. I am installing engine guard which I ordered from Honda itself as boodmo/ car trends is costlier because of shipping charges.

Brake oil was changed last year. I have asked to check MT transmission oil, spark plus, drive belt condition.

Apart from the regular service, the advisor has included a few add ons which I have asked not to do unless approved by me. Kindly advise me if any of them are of any value:
1. Brake overhauling Rs. 1338
2. AC cleaning and disinfection Rs. 973
3. Motor care treatment Rs.756
4. HDS scanner by Honda diagnostics Rs. 625
5. AC motor blower cleaning Rs.478

Thank you.
Old 7th March 2024, 14:04   #3275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post
Hi folks. My 2017 Jazz MT petrol is in Honda service centre for routine maintenance.
It is 5 years 8 months old with 35000kms on odo. Service advisor has advised 54 months/90000kms schedule. I am installing engine guard which I ordered from Honda itself as boodmo/ car trends is costlier because of shipping charges.

Brake oil was changed last year. I have asked to check MT transmission oil, spark plus, drive belt condition.

Apart from the regular service, the advisor has included a few add ons which I have asked not to do unless approved by me. Kindly advise me if any of them are of any value:

Thank you.
Boy! Looks like the service advisors have been asked to push these to us. I was "suggested" some of these during my 1-year service, and I politely declined. No regrets whatsoever. The car is great (and runs great) even without these.
jaysheth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 08:50   #3276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post

I am installing engine guard which I ordered from Honda itself as boodmo/ car trends is costlier because of shipping charges.

Kindly advise me if any of them are of any value:

Thank you.

1. It’s optional, helps to remove brake debris. I never got it done.

2. Biggest scam in India. When the Cars are baked in India summers, most infections get neutralised.

3. Don’t know what this is, can’t comment.

4. AFAIK HDS scanning is a part of service and should not be billed separately.

5. The AC blower tends to gather dust over time, and it's recommended based on your driving conditions

It’s best to get the add ons done at FNG than at Honda dealerships

Every time I schedule my car for service, I find that these add-on or value-added services end up costing more than the actual service itself. I've consistently opted out of these extras. Unfortunately, in the last two service appointments, the service executives were so preoccupied with promoting these add-ons that they forgot to change the CVT oil, , which Honda recommends every 2 years or 20,000 kilometers.

Regarding the engine guard, could you enlighten me on its benefits and how much did it cost? I guess that it's included by default with diesel models of Jazz and Amaze but not with petrol models

Since Honda doesn't sell its parts in open, it's challenging to procure Honda components from platforms like boodmo or cartrends. One is constrained to purchase parts exclusively from authorized dealerships.

All these measures (add ons and restricting spare parts to dealership) which seems to be a part of "Honda Dealers Poverty Alleviation Program”
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 11:32   #3277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Regarding the engine guard, could you enlighten me on its benefits and how much did it cost? I guess that it's included by default with diesel models of Jazz and Amaze but not with petrol models

Since Honda doesn't sell its parts in open, it's challenging to procure Honda components from platforms like boodmo or cartrends. One is constrained to purchase parts exclusively from authorized dealerships.
Here is an excellent post, answering your questions on engine sump guard: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5409042 (Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!)

I ordered the same for my 2022 Honda Jazz, from CarTrends.in, and it was a perfect fit. Few additional pictures here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5426581 (Honda Jazz : Official Review)

Last edited by jaysheth : 29th March 2024 at 11:35.
jaysheth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 16:25   #3278

Need some suggestions from fellow bhpians. Our 8-year-old Jazz V CVT petrol (48k odo) has below external wear and tear issues ( mostly related to aesthetics) and are becoz of parking outside for several years. Wanted to know the rough cost of fixing them (my guess is 1-1.2 lakhs)?, where to fix them in Hyderabad? and lastly is it worth enough to do it at all?

1. Headlights became yellowish (cost: buffing 1k? or new HLs 10k?)
2. External chrome logos/badges got discoloration and some patches. (5k?)
3. External rubber beadings got discolored and some whitish patches. (cost: 5k?)
4. Scratches on both bumper corners, a few screws on bumper edges (used as extra support when bumper clips are damaged but an eye sore when observed from very near) and few minor dents to bonet and right side. Thinking of Denting and fullbody painting (cost: 30-40k?)
5. Rustings at a) running board b) under bonnet hood (internal) (cost: 2k??)
6. ratling sounds and low NVH. (Fixable?)
7. Rats entering the cabin and reverse camera & remote lock, unlock not working due to the rat bite. (cost: 5-10k)
6. Side ORVM case is coming off (when manually pulled) due to broken clips (cost: 6k).
9. Dull looking alloy wheel and few scratches to one of them (cost: 30-40k). Machine/Diamond cut alloy wheels in my other car elevates look of the overall car. So, this is in my wishlist from very long time.

All the mechanical things like engine, transmission, AC, suspension, brakes, tires etc are in very good shape. I am thinking fixing above would improve the aesthetics and could make the car serve us well for another 3-4 years without feeling old. Am I missing anything? any major/costly repairs I need to expect during 8 to 12 years age of the car?

Last edited by sirius : 19th April 2024 at 16:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks