Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 14:53   #496
Senior - BHPian

Hmm get all the connections checked, there might be some connection issue which is confusing the system.
Old 21st October 2009, 03:37   #497
BHPian

Any Update ??? was the KEY issue resolved ??
Old 21st October 2009, 11:15   #498
BHPian

Hi guys,

I recently completed about 40,000kms on my Sx4. I was planning to go on the Raid as an official and hence got the Green Storm filter put into the engine. Different issue that I had to turn back from Shimla before flagoff but....the filter is simply amazing!!
It transforms the cars acceleration like mad! Upon pushing it I've touched about 90 in 2nd gear@6,000rpm (I've actually forgotten how the stock Sx4 accelerated, so am slightly confused about whether its due to the filter or not)
Anyhow, the engine is so much more free revving and it just rockets beyond 3,000rpm ESPECIALLY in third gear, not to forget the crazy sound of the filter.
Anyone thinking about putting in a filter, trust me; GO FOR IT. Its money well spent.
Got it installed at Performance Auto in Noida and cost me a total of Rs.7200 including the piping.
Old 21st October 2009, 13:53   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Hi guys,

I recently completed about 40,000kms on my Sx4. I was planning to go on the Raid as an official and hence got the Green Storm filter put into the engine. Different issue that I had to turn back from Shimla before flagoff but....the filter is simply amazing!!
It transforms the cars acceleration like mad! Upon pushing it I've touched about 90 in 2nd gear@6,000rpm (I've actually forgotten how the stock Sx4 accelerated, so am slightly confused about whether its due to the filter or not)
Anyhow, the engine is so much more free revving and it just rockets beyond 3,000rpm ESPECIALLY in third gear, not to forget the crazy sound of the filter.
Anyone thinking about putting in a filter, trust me; GO FOR IT. Its money well spent.
Got it installed at Performance Auto in Noida and cost me a total of Rs.7200 including the piping.

Anant, pictures would be highly appreciated.
Old 21st October 2009, 14:49   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Hi guys,

I have done 100Kmph in 2nd gear in my stock SX4. The fuel cuts off at 100 though. I am not sure how quickly you reached 90Kmph in 2nd. did you manage to check the 0-100Kmph timings?
Old 21st October 2009, 17:26   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Anant, pictures would be highly appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
I have done 100Kmph in 2nd gear in my stock SX4. The fuel cuts off at 100 though. I am not sure how quickly you reached 90Kmph in 2nd. did you manage to check the 0-100Kmph timings?
Hi Maglev,
Just a bit busy wrapped up with work, will do so in a bit.

Hi Nurni,
Ok, so it obviously wasnt the filter (damn!!). Havent been able to check the timings. Thinking of taking a digicam and recording the speedo and putting it up here. Lol. But again, might take me some time due to work.
Old 21st October 2009, 17:34   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
the lower gears, especially, 1st and 2nd in SX4 are not that revv happy, and no matter how much you push it, it would take a long long time to reach 100.. I doubt even with a free exhaust and K&N filter, it would be anything better.. but one thing I noticed from my experience with my ex-SX4, was that, on cold start, it was reluctant to the throttle response. But once the engine got running for 20-30 kms, the response is way better..
Old 21st October 2009, 23:22   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
the lower gears, especially, 1st and 2nd in SX4 are not that revv happy, and no matter how much you push it, it would take a long long time to reach 100.. I doubt even with a free exhaust and K&N filter, it would be anything better.. but one thing I noticed from my experience with my ex-SX4, was that, on cold start, it was reluctant to the throttle response. But once the engine got running for 20-30 kms, the response is way better..

Generally all cars are reluctant to throttle responses during cold starts.

That is why it is advisable to push her to the limit only on the achievement of optimum operating temperature, you also start getting the best fuel efficiency at that stage.
Old 22nd October 2009, 22:19   #504

Hi Anant I agree with Maglev please post the pictures of the upgrade.
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:26   #505
BHPian

Hey Amit.,,

Long time since there have been any updates from you on this thread !!!
Hows ur SX4 doing now ??
Old 6th August 2014, 00:18   #506
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti-Suzuki SX4 Zxi: Running Report

Can anyone tell me if the Suzuki emblem "S" at the center of the first generation SX4 rim is available with Maruti or any after market parts shop?
Old 6th August 2014, 08:12   #507
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Can anyone tell me if the Suzuki emblem "S" at the center of the first generation SX4 rim is available with Maruti or any after market parts shop?
I guess you are referring to that cap (with the 'S' badge) in the centre of the alloy wheel. Right?!

Do fill the order form online with the required part at:

www.mgp.co.in .

Also search this website for the location of the MGP dealer in your city.

Anurag.
Old 14th August 2014, 00:43   #508
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti-Suzuki SX4 Zxi: Running Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I guess you are referring to that cap (with the 'S' badge) in the centre of the alloy wheel. Right?!

Do fill the order form online with the required part at:

www.mgp.co.in .

Also search this website for the location of the MGP dealer in your city.

Anurag.
Yes, I did that and Sai Service called me but when I asked for that he said they don't have it and will have to try and order it. They are very close to my home too. I will check with them tomorrow. Thanks.

Last edited by straight6 : 14th August 2014 at 00:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks