Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2009, 12:15   #361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
But if the ACC is set in auto mode it's supposed to maintain and hold the temperature set isnt it? It shouldn't allow the temperature to fall below the level set by the driver or are you saying that it maintains and holds the temperature by shifting into fresh air mode? But, if thats the case, then why is this happening now when the car is 14 months old?
Sorry, Amit, I saw your response just now. I'm not sure why it is happening to your car after 14 months, but perhaps you never used that setting for an extended period and happened to notice it only now. This apart, since it is winter, it may be taking a shorter period to reach the temperature set by you.
Yes, recycle mode cools the car faster than fresh air mode. So if you allow the recycle mode to continue, the temperature may fall below your setting. That is why the AC goes to fresh air mode to maintain that temperature. Now if you ask me why does it not cut off instead, I have no answer. What I meant to say was that even a D segment car like the Embera has this issue. Owners of other cars with ACC are invited to comment on this issue.
Old 5th January 2009, 15:20   #362
Senior - BHPian

Maruti-Suzuki SX4 Zxi: Running Report-img_0006.jpg

- The engine has fantastic mid-range. Get the car into 2200-2500rpm and from there on, it's like the car is on steeroids with no let up upto even 3500rpm. I drove to Gujarat on 26th and 27th December and the car was pretty impressive. On most Indian highways, the safest you can do is about 130kmph. At that speed the SX4 is in the meat of it's mid-range and feels great to drive. Tap the throttle and the car lunges ahead with absolutely no lag. Slow moving vehicles are despatched quickly.

- The 16 inch tyres compensate high speed stability against the absolutely pathetic EPS.

- NVH is poor. Road and wind noise is very loud in the cabin. The engine is also noisy and not in a good way.

- Engine is limp at low speeds. Starting off in first and second is very frustrating with very little torque to pull the car. Sometimes it feels like I have a flat tyre!

- After the clutch was changed, the problem of vibration while starting off has disappeared.

- EPS is rubbish. Easily the worst thing in the car and easily the worst power steering set up I have seen in ANY car! The second worst are the JK tyres.

- The boot is huge and well designed as can be seen in the picture.

Maruti-Suzuki SX4 Zxi: Running Report-img_00081.jpg

- Best fuel efficiency was obtained during the Gujarat drive. 2 people on board with minimal luggage. While going A/C was on about 40% of time. On way back, A/c on 100%. Minor traffic jams at Ghodbunder road on the way back. Tyre pressure at 29psi. On the highway the car wasn't driven to achieve good fuel efficiency. Speeds of 130-140kmph were done for extended periods. Fuel economy obtained was 15.50kmpl.

More observation alongwith pictures in a few days .

Last edited by amit : 5th January 2009 at 15:28.
Old 5th January 2009, 15:25   #363
Senior - BHPian

Good to see Amit finally enjoying the SX4 a bit. Otherwise whenever i opened this thread, it was about the problems you faced.

So how to you compare the mid-range with the other ca.. emm Palio you drive?
Old 5th January 2009, 22:59   #364
BHPian

Quote:
- Best fuel efficiency was obtained during the Gujarat drive. 2 people on board with minimal luggage. While going A/C was on about 40% of time. On way back, A/c on 100%. Minor traffic jams at Ghodbunder road on the way back. Tyre pressure at 29psi. On the highway the car wasn't driven to achieve good fuel efficiency. Speeds of 130-140kmph were done for extended periods. Fuel economy obtained was 15.50kmpl.

More observation alongwith pictures in a few days .
Isn't 29 psi on the lower side? I thought 32 was normal. May be you'd get 16+ with 32 psi.

Also - great to know that you've covered 25K, btw - any problems with build quality? I have to admit I've become a little finicky after coming to this forum where people equate Maruti with questionable build quality. I haven't faced anything abnormal, but would like to know when it's 25K.
Old 6th January 2009, 02:46   #365
BHPian

@spetnaz : I have just done close to 18K and see nothing really wrong with the build quaity. In the city, I get close to 11kmpl and on the Chn - Blr GQ, I get ~15 kmpl

Last edited by neoranjit : 6th January 2009 at 02:47.
Old 6th January 2009, 07:50   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetnaz View Post
Isn't 29 psi on the lower side? I thought 32 was normal. May be you'd get 16+ with 32 psi.
The side door sticker says that it should be 33 psi for all four wheels.
Old 6th January 2009, 20:26   #367
BHPian

hi amit,
i just wanted to know if you can provide me with some details regarding the clutch problem in SX4. my friend has a sx4 and has the same problem the rpm falls down to 500-600rpm when you release the clutch and also the cars judders. however if you rev the engine to 1500rpm+ and then release the clutch the judder is not so much.
also if he goes to sai service will they entertain him? also if you can forward the copy of the circular(if u have) from maruti regarding the replacement of the clutch i would appereciate it.
Old 7th January 2009, 10:25   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesai_1981 View Post
hi amit,
i just wanted to know if you can provide me with some details regarding the clutch problem in SX4. my friend has a sx4 and has the same problem the rpm falls down to 500-600rpm when you release the clutch and also the cars judders. however if you rev the engine to 1500rpm+ and then release the clutch the judder is not so much.
also if he goes to sai service will they entertain him? also if you can forward the copy of the circular(if u have) from maruti regarding the replacement of the clutch i would appereciate it.
Full details of how my problem was solved is on page 17 of this thread. There is also a scanned copy of the invoice showing engine mountings, drive shaft and clutch replacement. Do note as per S.K.Maruti, Maruti's circular mentions about replacement of drive shafts and mountings but this didn't solve the problem in my car. It was the clutch replacement that eventually solved it so in case your friend still has the juddering after change of mounts and shafts, ask him to insist on a clutch change. Also, ask him to be firm as Maruti dealers first response will be to tell him that he doesn't know how to drive!

Quote:
The side door sticker says that it should be 33 psi for all four wheels.
As per Ratan Maruti, Chembur, Maruti has issued a circular changing tyre pressure to 30psi. I always keep pressure at 28 or 29 psi as I find it comfortable at that level. Anything higher and the rudimentary suspension of the car ends up jarring my bones over rough patches!
Old 7th January 2009, 12:39   #369
BHPian

Very late, but i just saw the first page. The sx4 zxi doesn't have a dead pedal. What's that supposed to indicate. My baleno altura 2001 has a dead pedal.
A great review btw

Last edited by sukrit7 : 7th January 2009 at 12:40.
Old 7th January 2009, 13:51   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The sx4 zxi doesn't have a dead pedal. What's that supposed to indicate.
Poor ergonomics and lack of attention to detail.
Old 8th January 2009, 11:57   #371
BHPian

Quote:
As per Ratan Maruti, Chembur, Maruti has issued a circular changing tyre pressure to 30psi. I always keep pressure at 28 or 29 psi as I find it comfortable at that level. Anything higher and the rudimentary suspension of the car ends up jarring my bones over rough patches!
I'm suprised at this! Maruti should have communicated to the customers or atleast they should have corrected the sticker that is there on the car.
I gave the car recently for 3rd service and none of them talked about it .Let me check with them about this!
Old 8th January 2009, 13:39   #372

Hello All,

Could anybody who bought the SX$ recently pls confirm that these problems are still existing or were limited to the earlier batches/some series of cars?

Thanks
Old 8th January 2009, 13:52   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetnaz View Post
great to know that you've covered 25K, btw - any problems with build quality?
First rattle appeared somewhere around 2xxx kms.

I think one rattle was solved by the dealer at time of service too.

Currently there is an irritating rattle somewhere from the driver's side dashboard. Haven't managed to pinpoint it yet as sometimes it feels like it's coming from near the quarter glass and sometimes it seems like it's from somewhere lower down the dash.

There was also a rattle from near the driver's seat belt but it miraculously disappeared in a couple of weeks and hasn't re-appeared since then.

Door panels vibrate if stereo volume is cranked upto and over level 32.

Besides these not much to complain about.
Old 8th January 2009, 20:49   #374
BHPian

If the rattle is from the dashboard problem could be behind the stereo, they have to remove the stereo and check if there are any loose pieces. Or it could be from the additional rear mirror if you have installed parking sensors.

If the rattle is from drivers seat,it should be from the seat belt clip or from the driver seat levers, it has to be lubricated.
Old 8th January 2009, 21:09   #375
BHPian

thanks amit i will tell him to go to sai service as before once they found a problem with his throttle body which was replaced under warranty. anyways thank you for your support.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks