Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 09:33   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Restarting again with Service update
My Sx4 had a free 2nd service after 4.5K. Engine oil was not changed as it was done is 1st service. Service charges were zero.Crr sound from the timing belt was corrected and reverser gear became better after they lubricated it.
One thing i noted was unusual. When I opened the bonnet and found engine bay was not cleaned properly and as per the service man it cannot be washed with pressure water. It can only be cleaned with air pressure due to lot of electric circuit which are not covered and may get wet if washed with high pressure. Is this right. Does any SX4 owner can give the comment or experienced such thing.
Guys any comment on engine bay cleaning !
Old 12th March 2009, 23:30   #377
BHPian

need a feedback

i am planning to buy a red sx4z xi from khivrajmotors chennai. this thread has kept me interested .but i find most people saying the FE is not that good in sx4. i have enquired a few people who own sx4 in chennai. most of them say they get only 10kms inside city with a/c on. should i expect only 10kmpl as an average inside city??. can u people throw me more light on it??.now i am worried and confused to go and buy the car!!!!
Old 13th March 2009, 00:03   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
i am planning to buy a red sx4z xi from khivrajmotors chennai. this thread has kept me interested .but i find most people saying the FE is not that good in sx4. i have enquired a few people who own sx4 in chennai. most of them say they get only 10kms inside city with a/c on. should i expect only 10kmpl as an average inside city??. can u people throw me more light on it??.now i am worried and confused to go and buy the car!!!!
Well, I get between 9-10. And thats improved! I do rev the car alot though. Think some people on the forum get around 12kmpl though, so dont go by my word.
Old 13th March 2009, 08:00   #379
BHPian

i have done 15,000 kms.every time i fill up the tank i calculate the fuel efficiency(full tank to full tank method)
98% is city driving with a/c.the traffic is not heavy in my place.avg driving speed is 30-40 kms inside city.
the worst -8.5 km/l,during the first 1000kms.
the best inside city-9.8 kms/l.
average 9.6 kms/l
the best in high ways-14.5 km/l,in NH45.(speed 80-100kms).
the f.e is not the usp of sx4. but there are other good things about this car,so go ahead.
Old 13th March 2009, 08:06   #380
BHPian

Quote:
If you are interested in SX4, dont be worried go for it. It is true VFM. I get 9-10 in Chennai with full A/C and its same with my Ikon too. You will start enjoying the commanding position that you get while driving SX4
Old 13th March 2009, 10:13   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum
i find most people saying the FE is not that good in sx4. i have enquired a few people who own sx4 in chennai. most of them say they get only 10kms inside city with a/c on.
Even though I don't own an SX4, like other owners mentioned, the FE of SX4 would be around the lines of what you heard - 10kmpl with a/c on. The car weighs around 1.2 tonnes and has 100 horses, so I think it is a reasonable FE for those specs.

BTW, when you say "FE is not that good in SX4", what are you comparing it against ? Almost all its peers (C-segment petrol sedans) deliver similar FE only. Ofcourse if the NHC was still around, it would have had better FE, but the new City is known mainly for things other than FE.

Do check with neoranjit also. He drives an SX4 in Chennai and I think he was one of the early owners here.
Old 13th March 2009, 10:43   #382
Senior - BHPian

I get 11 Km/L with 100AC consistently in City. Though my Highway FE is not very good, due to some spirited driving I could not resist. I get around 13-14 km/l 100% AC
Old 13th March 2009, 11:23   #383
BHPian

Its been 10K kms on my SX4 and I am getting between 11.5 to 12.5 km/litre petrol. The driving is 75% city + 25% highway. My driving is not sedate by any parameter and so being heavy on the rpm might be taking a toll here.

This time I tanked up with Shell and as per my calculations based on the needle, it is roughly looking at around 13 km/litre. Unfortunately could not verify as the car has gone for 3rd servicing today. Shell petrol is now available for 44.95 Rs / litre in Pune and many of my friends have seen an increase of mileage with the same Will check in the next tank up and give a report.
Old 13th March 2009, 11:28   #384
BHPian

Sorry forgot to add, its with 100% AC as I keep the windows up all the time.
Old 13th March 2009, 12:01   #385
Senior - BHPian

Well guys, FE differs from city to city based on traffic conditions. I was mentioning from the Chennai traffic point of view. Even though I have been to Pune and Delhi, it was a long time ago and have no idea about current traffic conditions there.
Old 13th March 2009, 13:30   #386
Senior - BHPian

SX4 Driving pattern:

Route : Chembur to Vashi to Kharghar and back. 75% highway 25% city
Tyre pressure : 29 psi
Fuel: IOC Regular.
Nos of people : Mostly single person.

Worst mileage : 11.01kmpl
Best mileage: 15.78kmpl.

I have another 1.6L car that weighs slightly less then the SX4, has smaller tyres and is more aerodynamic then the tall Maruti. There is very little to diffrentiate between the two cars. I am happy and satisfied with the SX4's mileage but then it depends on what your expectations are and what your definition of good mileage is.

PS: I have realised that the mileage has actually increased with IOC Regular over IOC Xtra premium.
Old 13th March 2009, 13:35   #387
BHPian

Also, forgot to mention - I fill normal fuel and tyre pressure is anything between 33-35psi.
Old 13th March 2009, 15:12   #388
BHPian

Quote:
hi, I bought my SX4 from Khivraj chennai. I have done almost 18K on the odo. I am getting 11.3 kmpl in chennai with 80% AC (Shell unleaded). I believe you would definetely get 10+ in chennai based on your driving conditions and peak hour traffic.
Old 13th March 2009, 15:35   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Also, forgot to mention - I fill normal fuel and tyre pressure is anything between 33-35psi.
I think pressure is too much. I keep it at 32-33 psi
I get Mileage of 12.0 to 12.5 KM/L with 70 to 80% AC. Normal BP petrol is used.
Old 13th March 2009, 15:46   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
I think pressure is too much. I keep it at 32-33 psi
I get Mileage of 12.0 to 12.5 KM/L with 70 to 80% AC. Normal BP petrol is used.
The sticker says for 205/60/16 tyre pressure to be at 33psi. My tyres are 215/55/16, thats why I stick to a little more than normal. Ride is a bit bouncy at first but evens out by the next day after filling air.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks