Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2008, 00:23   #106
BHPian

I am planning to buy my first car and have shortlisted I10 as one of the probable candidate. After looking at this post I am thinking again. Can the current I10 owners confirm if the absence of impact beam is true. If so, would like to hear back from the experts on the significance of the impact beam and should it be a factor in deciding the car? Does all small cars have this?
Old 9th January 2008, 01:22   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by netrife View Post
If so, would like to hear back from the experts on the significance of the impact beam and should it be a factor in deciding the car? Does all small cars have this?
Not necessarily. However, all that depends on the way the car has been designed to take the impact to the crumble zones.

Once the car is out in Europe, we should be able to get the safety rating figures on the car.
Old 9th January 2008, 06:25   #108
BHPian

I read the following review in net on i10 fuel economy....amazing...
I thing this may be useful to friends....
I will give my own after I have a long journey....

[Journey Details:
Shell Fuel Station (Whitefield, Bangalore) to
Krishnagiri (NH7) to
Salem (NH7) to
Coimbatore
(Traffic Filled four lane construction) to Sathy (NH209) to
Aasanur (Ghat Section) to Mysore to
Bangalore to
Shell Fuel Station (Whitefield)
Road Details: Total Distance
covered: 728.2 kms

Around 50kms in City
Around 40kms in Ghat section with 27 Hairpin bends
Around 190kms of four lane Highways
Rest all Two lane highways and some really bad roads

Miscellaneous
details:

Four Adults seated with sufficient luggage (boot fully occupied)
AC was used sparingly
Mileage Details:
1)
Filled Full
tank at Shell Fuel Station with Shell Advanced fuel (till the grim after some
vehicle shake)

2)
Traveled a
journey of 728.2kms

3)
Came back to
SAME shell fuel station and filled full tank with SAME fuel – 33.56 ltrs (after shake and gas escape)

TOTAL MILEAGE = 728.2 / 33.56

MILEAGE FOR ENTIRE JOURNEY = 21.69 kms /l].
Old 9th January 2008, 22:00   #109
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by netrife View Post
.....I am concerned. Would like to hear back from I10 owners if the absence of impact beam is true and also want to hear back from the experts on real significance of this. Is it the case with all small cars?

Please do not take the reviews on Mouthshut at the facevalue. I will never, never, never, ever trust them.

What proof do you have, apart from the poster's own words that he was doing only 25 KMPH? Ditto for the claim that block is broken?

IMHO, ignore such reviews.

Edit:- anybody heard of front impact beams?

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 9th January 2008 at 22:02.
Old 10th January 2008, 17:53   #110
BHPian

fix an addnl bumper...

anyways I suggest an iron bumper in front of the car will solve that problem, if it is true....
Old 11th January 2008, 23:41   #111
BHPian

Yeah. But that would take away the look factor of the car. I feel that iron bumpers does not suite small cars. Also after paying such a hefty price for the car, all these safety things to be taken care by the manufacturer

BTW, I am a new member of the group and facing a strange problem while searching the threads. I don't find any match when I search by "i10".
Other keywords seem to work fine. Is anybody facing the same issue
Old 15th January 2008, 23:49   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vskesavan View Post
anyways I suggest an iron bumper in front of the car will solve that problem, if it is true....
But I read somewhere that such bumpers would have a negative effect on the crumple zones. It it true?
Old 15th January 2008, 23:59   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vskesavan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
But I read somewhere that such bumpers would have a negative effect on the crumple zones. It it true?
Have read the same. And it is supported by most manufacturers too.
Old 20th January 2008, 21:22   #114
BHPian

I took delivery of my i10 on 7th Jan. Now I have crossed 800 kms. I think the following information on mileage may be helpful to members. I got 18.9 km/l in semi city/rural driving with mostly A/c on but below 60 km speed.
But in highway I got 16 km/l in 80 km speed with mostly A/c on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I think its with any dashboard. I feel the same when using my Zen which has black dashboard. [or is it only me :( ] I was about to ask a solution to fellow TBHPians. Thanks for raising it...
MJ

yes I too find this problem in day driving in my i10. Its ofcourse irritating...
Old 2nd March 2008, 15:11   #115
BHPian

Here comes the first glitch...

Ok Guys....after 4 months and 1600Kms of ownership, I came across this unusual issue.

Just after a drive, as I got off my Gaddi No. i10, I noticed an interminnent Hissing voice. It seemed to be coming from the bottom of the car. Tried hard to figure out as to where exactly this sound is coming from. Listened from the left/right/back/front but not figure out what exactly is the source of this sound.

But the sound used to come only when
1. The engine is ON
2. The car has travelled a couple of KMs initially(i.e after a cold start).

I headed straight to an Authorised Service Centre in Janakpuri and explained the phenomenon to Service Excutive there.
It was hard to make them listen to this sound. The person there didn't seem to exactly get hold of the problem and said that issue seemed to be with the Silencer(He didnt even perform an under body inspection).
NOT SATISFIED with the answer as I headed for the Samara's Workshop at Mayapuri.

After the same initial problem(of making them listen to that sound), thorough under body inspection was done. Right now they are of the opinion that the sound is coming from the Fuel Injection pump as there is some pressure leak.(Googled regarding this and found people with similar issue around the world). Has anyone here also faced this issue?

They said that the fuel pump will have to be changed but since they didn't have the part readily available, they will order it and will be replaced after a couple of days.

Right now, they have put back the old fuel pump back and asked me to come back once the ordered part has arrived.

Will update you once the part is replaced.....

PS:- I noticed this sound started coming after I tanked up my car till Auto Cut off for the first time.

Last edited by achopraa : 2nd March 2008 at 15:14.
Old 3rd March 2008, 08:37   #116
BHPian

Hey aachopra,

You noticed that sound now?!!

Well, I have been hearing it all along, especially on a full tank.
Yes, it is from the FI pump. And looks normal to me.

There is a hissing sound but i am yet to have any physical/noticeable problem with it. I guess it is all normal for an I10.

Remember, the more you dig into any problem, the more you feel it really exists.
Old 3rd March 2008, 19:13   #117
BHPian

well I too have crossed 1500 kms in my i10.
I heard a tik tik sound from the rear of the car. I thought it was from tool kit. But when I had my first free service yesterday the service engineer told me that the sound was from rear seat and he adjusted it. Now there is no sound. But it seems this is a common problem for i10. any of you had experienced it?
Old 7th March 2008, 20:12   #118

Are these reviews for real ??

I am amazed to read all these wonderful reviews about the i10 and the recent COTY 2007 award .
I had pretty much made up my mind to buy this car asap and for that purpose i TD one today.
I really found the car pathetic at this price !!
I believe the gud old santro is much better to drive in the city as well as the highwaY.
The only gud thing about i10 are the interiors ,period.
Old 8th March 2008, 12:48   #119
BHPian

As was promised by the service station guys, the fuel pump had arrived in 2 days. Took my car today for change of the fuel pump.
The fuel pump was changed and also a complimentary washing and polishing was done.

The sound seems to have vanished as of now but will keep my ears open to hear any noise that might pop up.

@penpavan
I did a lot of reserach (by googling of course) and read that many people were facing similar issue. But for my satisfaction I thought of taking the car to service centre. Now when the service engineer said that it was from fuel pump and it needs to be changed, then why should I say that it is normal.
Also, I noticed a drop in fuel efficieny(though have to check that out), so was keen on geeting the car checked.

Happy Motoring!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by manu_neo View Post
I really found the car pathetic at this price !!
Could you please elaborate?
Old 11th March 2008, 14:46   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
As was promised by the service station guys, the fuel pump had arrived in 2 days. Took my car today for change of the fuel pump.
The fuel pump was changed and also a complimentary washing and polishing was done.

The sound seems to have vanished as of now but will keep my ears open to hear any noise that might pop up.

@penpavan
I did a lot of reserach (by googling of course) and read that many people were facing similar issue. But for my satisfaction I thought of taking the car to service centre. Now when the service engineer said that it was from fuel pump and it needs to be changed, then why should I say that it is normal.
Also, I noticed a drop in fuel efficieny(though have to check that out), so was keen on geeting the car checked.

Happy Motoring!!!

Could you please elaborate?
hey chopra,

I am also able to make out this sound,but this happens only after a re-fill and that too vanishes out later.I am planning to get the thing checked during the first service.What was the service advisor's comments on this one.Is the problem a bigger one and what is the effect of this one on the car?

Thanks,
Raajiv Sai

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks