Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2009, 22:10   #1621
BHPian

The service interval for Fabia was earlier 10000kms.
After the launch of Punto which has a service interval of 15000kms, Skoda has changed it for Fabia also to 15000kms. Fabia has a service interval of 10000 miles in Europe as per info in Topgear website.
Old 28th October 2009, 11:10   #1622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madan Gopal View Post
Punto which has a service interval of 15000kms, Skoda has changed it for Fabia also to 15000kms.

Its, not because of Punto's launch. It was changed even before Punto's launch. Nothing was changed in Fabia to increase the service interval. Its the same car same engine oil.
Old 28th October 2009, 19:21   #1623
BHPian

One dog; 35K and a dog magnet.

Slightly OT...It's been a while since I posted on this thread. I have a diesel 1.4 tdi Fabia classic since 1.5 years now. It's been totally awesome so far except for one accident that I had on the Krishnagiri highway. I had a chance encounter with a dog that just decided that it wanted to mess up my day. I must have been doing about 120+ when it suddenly appeared in front of my car; Anyway the dog went on to its afterlife and I went home to a bill of 35K for a damaged bumper, intercooler and sensor.
The title has the words "dog magnet" because I also own a cedia sports which has encountered two unfortunate canines on the intermediate ring road prior to this. The speed was much lesser and the repair cost was even lesser about 4k to fix the skirting on the front bumper. Makes me a dog magnet
This experience has really opened up my eyes to the term "cost of ownership" and skoda takes it to the next level. I think they make really awesome cars (I am a huge fan of the 1.8 tsi laura) but they need to do a rethink of their pricing and the service network.
Old 29th October 2009, 11:13   #1624
BHPian

Hi parichay:
I'm also a proud owner of Fabia. I guess nobody will say the car is bad if they experience it. Even my car met with an accident an year back and I ended up spending 75K. But Fabia is a true European car, even the pedestrian safety norms were kept on par with European standards. Thats why the damage is more in Skodas. Have you ever wondered why the A pillars of Fabia have plastic cladding? I truly love Skoda cars.

Last edited by MadRash : 29th October 2009 at 11:14.
Old 29th October 2009, 19:41   #1625
BHPian

Hey, following are the testimonials of Fabia Owners on Skoda India website:

If you see the date of testimonial, it is yesterday only (28th Oct).
But I have been seeing these same testimonials since more than 7-10 days with just the date shifted to 1 day before.

Which just almost proves these are fakeys...

I Made him buy the Fabia for me

By: Namrata Sethi | 2009-10-28

Oh i just got a Fabia from my husband - he loves me a lot he said one day, and you know what - i made him buy the Fabia for me - and now he says i'm intelligent too, 'giggle' - he loves the boot - its so big and also the airbags - he says the Fabia is very safe to drive.
I was very well taken care of

By: Vipul Verma | 2009-10-28

With the Fabia its not only got a good car - what is more important is that i was very well taken care of - you know these days no body takes care - they only want to sell. but i must say the experience before buying and after buying has been great for me.
Best Interiors and good mileage

By: Anuradha Agarwal | 2009-10-28

So in a car what matters to me are the interiors - they need to be plush you know and for my husband it is always mileage - so we got the Fabia (Petrol 1.2) - what else?
It's the best driver's car

By: Mr. Vikram Jha | 2009-10-28

Its completely a driver's car - all you have to do is to hold the steering wheel - feel the smooth transmission and the thrilling pickup - i have a petrol btw. you know they are not wrong when they say 10/10. its definitely a 10/10 from my side!!
Old 29th October 2009, 22:55   #1626
BHPian

Boy reading those testimonials just made me sick
Old 29th October 2009, 23:17   #1627
BHPian

OMG!!! These so called 'testimonials' looks so obviously fake.Never imagined that they would stoop so low.It's not only the dealers now, the company management itself has to me reorganized real soon!
Old 15th December 2009, 18:06   #1628
BHPian

Do I take it there has been no action in the Fabia thread since end-October??
Where did all the good people go? Now especially with the Polo due, a cross-brand exchange of facts, impressions and thoughts would go a long way.
Old 15th December 2009, 18:37   #1629
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
Where did all the good people go? Now especially with the Polo due, a cross-brand exchange of facts, impressions and thoughts would go a long way.
With non stop bashing {Read as -from non skoda owners} here on SKODA after sales service its bound to happen.
Most Fabia owners have moved to the Fabia forum for sensible stuff.

Last edited by YVES : 15th December 2009 at 18:37. Reason: spell chk
Old 15th December 2009, 19:02   #1630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parichay View Post
Slightly OT...It's been a while since I posted on this thread. I have a diesel 1.4 tdi Fabia classic since 1.5 years now. It's been totally awesome so far except for one accident ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
Hi parichay:
I'm also a proud owner of Fabia. I guess nobody will say the car is bad if they experience it. Even my car met with an accident an year back and I ended up spending 75K.
Gentlemen,
Care to share your overall experience in these accidental costs ? How was the service center experience ? How much was covered by insurnace and how much was not ? Might be of help to other fabia owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVES View Post
With non stop bashing {Read as -from non skoda owners} here on SKODA after sales service its bound to happen.
Most Fabia owners have moved to the Fabia forum for sensible stuff.
Quote:
If I am not wrong, the fabulous (pun intended) activity that was going on this thread for so long, was actually formally 'discouraged'.
Old 16th December 2009, 09:49   #1631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Gentlemen,
Care to share your overall experience in these accidental costs ? How was the service center experience ? How much was covered by insurnace and how much was not ? Might be of help to other fabia owners.

If I am not wrong, the fabulous (pun intended) activity that was going on this thread for so long, was actually formally 'discouraged'.
Exactly. We are having fun somewhere else but there's no place like TBHP. Hope they let us back again.
Old 16th December 2009, 13:11   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Just turn few pages, you will come to know what happened to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVES View Post
Not quite right. Not many non Skoda owners contributed to this tread. Mostly they remained silent readers (Read as admirers) of this thread. Though its not active for almost 6 months now, it still remains the No. 1 thread in no. of replies and one of the best threads by no. of views (in its category).
Old 18th December 2009, 09:44   #1633
BHPian

Fabia is a very good car.those who experience it knows it.
Old 18th December 2009, 15:32   #1634
BHPian

Inspite of lot of bad publicity for Fabia(prob deserved) I relised that Fabia could have been VFM comparing with Swift/I20/Ritz. I am talking about the discount of abot 30k to 50k going on now. If we compare Fabia 1.2 petrol active(entry level), It should be around 5.2L in Mumbai. This price gets following equipment: Air Bags, Pretensioners, rear wiper/defogger, wide 185/14" tyres, climate control, driver& passanger seat height adj, tilt & telescopic stearing wheel, immobilizer, rear a/c cooling, cool glovebox, 300L of boot. Add to that excellent build and euro look. What you don't get is power windows and music system. Had Skoda taken care of A** and spare part pricing they would have excellent VFM city car. What you say?
Old 18th December 2009, 16:03   #1635
BHPian

^^
as far as I know, you dont get automatic climate control, seat height adjustment, tilt steering on the 'Active' version.

to your VFM point - absolutely !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks