Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2009, 20:01   #1531
BHPian

The Fabiosi are going places

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
Laws of aerodynamics, kinematics etc. Benzene ring, organic compound alcoh-ol, Bacardi and everything else under the sun. There was nothing stopping us, not even the rain.

General, Mafia, Fish-man and yours camera man.

Once again I need to learn to operate my camera.
fi.robin: Excellent pixels. Very handsome dudes notwithstanding the genius photography. Yeah, you could say that again: the topics discussed ranged from the above mentioned by Robin, to watches, SUVs, slippers-floated-down-the-drain, local tongues, spouses (and the lack of them in some cases), auto-locking wheel rims or something Chubb-like, diesel clatter or shuddup, motorcycles for certain bald wild things on-the-waterfront, spouses as an option, upgrading cars, temple management, chaat management, climate change, the clash of civilisations and how vadais could save the day, humour as a humectant and much more.

Vive la Fabia!
Old 18th May 2009, 21:27   #1532
Senior - BHPian

It never rains, It pours!! Been there, witnessed that..

It had to happen.. On this sunday when VKJ was finally available and we agreed to crawl out of the comfort of our cozy homes, and meet up for some car-shar banter. And the rain gods were not able to chalk a plan to open up some other day. They had to choose the same day? Heck, same timing as ours??

Man I just washed and waxed my car, over 3 hours... and water all over my efforts?? Not just a quick drizzle, it was the real deal... Someone went the whole nine yards in getting us wet.. And someone is really upset now... Guess who'se got a white car???

RG [netchef], Robin [fi.robin] and I started off from Wind Tunnel Road on Murgeshpalya and the convoy reached Jayanagar 4th block in about 45 mins.. We opened our conversation over some 'Bonda Soup', tea and grape-vine [lol, grape juice].

Conversations started with the Fab, but it was soon overtaken by talks on bikes and super-bikes, all thanks to Mr.Jeeves impending superbike purchase. His impatience of not finding the perfect pre-owned nearly smoked him like the vapour from the tea in front of him [server in silver cups FYI]. By this time, VKJ and Robin were already twitchy and looking for every opportunity to swerve our attention back to the Fabia and car related topics.

Quickly outside, after VKJ graciously picked the tab for the plates and cups, we had our discussions under some roof-tearing downpour. Thankfully, the one we were under, was strong enough to hold up and let us continue.

We had some interesting chat over other skoda models, some fiat models, expected models from VW and the likes. Other bangy boys here will fill us in on what I've missed.

Some signs of respite from the downpour, we quickly headed out the shelter for a stroll and within a few yards, we were forced to return back to our shelter, thanks to you-know-who. In a short while, we decided to head into another nearby food joint, deciding to parley inside over some more beverages and quick leaks [yep, we already had some fluids inside + the cool breeze outside = helped the cause].

We were out shortly though after Robin did the honours and it was time for us to head back to our commitments. Netchef proceeded to meet some of his friends [as he has already mentioned] while Robin and I planned to head back home. VKJ accompanied us for a few kms to guide us out to bhanerghatta road and I quietly trailed Robin all the way home. We said our good-byes on WT road and next stop was home.

The meet was interesting, as we were on our feet for the most of it, and also the shower [though I despise it] kept us cool and relaxed. We also had a chat over the next meet being a possible 'spouse-also' meet, so that our wives don't get overtly suspiscious about '4 men meeting' over the guise of some 'same car chat'. lol

We've also planned for the next meet to be a 'drive along' meet, so we'll plan to head out somewhere in the open, in the range of about 50-75kms. We'll keep members posted on our plans.

Meanwhile, only Robin managed to get a camera while I had a make-do mobile camera, of which photos with some 'just tryin to raise some wit' captions to go with it, are attached below. Enjoy fellas!!

Hey VKJ.. You gotta smile when it flashes.
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-hey-vkj..-you-gotta-smile-when-flashes.jpg

Hey! The Cams over here VJ.
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-hey-cams-over-here.jpg

Gotcha Robin! Ha ha Ha. Whose smiling now, uh??
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-gotcha-robin-ha-ha-ha.-whose-smiling-now.jpg

Stop smirking, Ajay. We gotta look the serious drivers part..
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-stop-smirking-ajay.-we-gotta-look-serious-drivers-part..jpg

The 'I-want-a-superbike-and-want-it-before-a-chick' look. Nope.. Never before and caught on Camera for the first time.. SCOOP!!
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-iwantasuperbikeandwantitbeforeachick-look.-nope-never-seen-india-before-.jpg

Yeah? You noticed?? You're right.. No car snaps this time.. It was already too dark to take snaps and plus the slight drizzle ensured the cam stayed covered. But be sure to see some high quality snaps from Robin, of us..
Old 19th May 2009, 08:30   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
It had to happen.. On this sunday when

The 'I-want-a-superbike-and-want-it-before-a-chick' look. Nope.. Never before and caught on Camera for the first time.. SCOOP!!

Ha Ha
k_ajay: Hey. I've found just the gent to write our Travelogues, Lodge-Meeting Minutes, Induction Paragraphs, Fabled Fabia White Papers, Fabiosi Manuals, Fabiosi Welcome Kit and things. Man, he's so fluid and does it with such panache.

Ze Official Bangy Fabiosi Lodge Chronicler, k_ajay!
Old 19th May 2009, 21:56   #1534
BHPian

Nice thing you guys meet, and have planned a drive together, how I wish I could join in. How about coming here to Bombay ?
Old 20th May 2009, 00:16   #1535
BHPian

Here is another horror story of the pathetic Product and Service given by Skoda. Skoda shuld really be ashamed of taking the Customers for a ride and not even feeling a bit guilty about it.
I have purchased a Skoda Fabia Elegance 1.4 MPI around one year back, and within 10 days of the Purchase, the Engine had started Stalling. I had immediately complained to the Skoda Customer Care Sudhir Srinivas, as the Engine has stalled more than 10 times on the highway, and poses a great threat of physical injuries to me and my family.
Inspite of repeated complaints to Skoda for the past one Year, there has been NO Action from them. Their Customer Service to describe in one word is 'pathetic'. The Skoda technical people have inspected the Vehicle more than 10 times in the past one Year and assured me that the problem is rectified, but the Engine has Stalled every single time after their inspection. This car has caused me more mental tension and risk of serious injury, instead of any driving pleasure, and that too with one of their premium models. We have paid a lot of money to Skoda for their brnd name, and all they do is treat the Customers so shabbily. . I have never seen such poor service from any other Car Manufacturer. Skoda is the most ir-responsible car maker we have ever come across. I feel it has been the biggest mistake of my life to trust Skoda brand.
On top of all these troubles, their Dealer in Dehradun Oberoi Auto, committed total fraud by replacing a damaged Bonnet in our Car and claiming full money for it as for a new bonnet. When we confronted them, they simply apologized and said they will replace the new one.I think Skoda Customer Care is hand in glove with their dealers to commit such frauds, if they can carry it off. The entire Skoda Customer care in India seems like a bunch of Frauds and Cheaters.
I am so much fed up of Skoda that I am ready to file a Court Case against them. Skoda shuld be taught a lesson for cheating the customers.
Can anyone in the Team BHP help me find some media contacts where I can highlight the troubles I am facing at the hands of Skoda. I am ready to join anyone for Court case against Skoda, I am already in touch with a lawyer, but if we go against them as a group will be better.
Would appreciate any media contacts to bring out the troubles I have faced from Skoda in the past one Year.

Note from Support: Link to thread -> Extremely Poor product and Service from Skoda

Note2: cc post from
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rned-year.html

Last edited by Mpower : 20th May 2009 at 20:43.
Old 20th May 2009, 09:46   #1536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
Nice thing you guys meet, and have planned a drive together, how I wish I could join in. How about coming here to Bombay ?
I was in Mumbai in Jan this year. Another trip is definitely on card, but not soon, early next year or so.
You guys should plan for a meet in Mumbai. It will be fun with all the gyan from Invinsible.

Last edited by fi.robin : 20th May 2009 at 09:48.
Old 20th May 2009, 09:56   #1537
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I was in Mumbai in Jan this year. Another trip is definitely on card, but not soon, early next year or so.
You guys should plan for a meet in Mumbai. It will be fun with all the gyan from Invinsible.
I haven't been to Mumbai in years, but shall certainly buzz the Fabia Network when and if I do. Needs external stimulus to Round up Them Troops! naikpranav is the Gent to lure us into exotic places.
Old 20th May 2009, 10:46   #1538
BHPian

Instead of questioning the dealer, Skoda has been defending them, putting the blame on us.

Worst part is, during the enitre past Year, Skoda has never admitted there is any problem in the car!!! They simply did the investigation and blamed us that we did know how to Drive a Skoda!!! Imagine, they think their products are so Superior!!

We have called their Breakdown Service whenever the Engine Stalled, but they never responsed and we were stranded on the road.

Anyone has any pointers to e-mail addresesses of someone in the media? How long does a Consumer Court takes for redressal, any idea.

The Bonnet was damaged and as it was still under warranty we took it to their Dealer M/S Oberoi Auto in Dehradun. They replaced the damaged bonnet with another defective one and claimed full money for it!! If we had not noticed, they would have gotten away with it.
Old 20th May 2009, 13:20   #1539
BHPian

After each incident of Stalling of the Engine, it takes around 30-40 minutes for the Car to be started again. This is very-2 dangerous on a Highway, but Skoda has never acknowledged this risk. Also I have confirmation from Skoda itself that they have stopped the Production of Fabia 1.4 Petrol MPI due to so many problems reported in the Model. They have done this within the very First Year of Launching this Model. But people like me are stuck with their defective Model. Skoda should be prosecuted for selling defective cars to Customers. I bought this Car on 9-May-08 and till date, after more than a Year of purchase, all I have got from Skoda are lies and false assurances.
Old 20th May 2009, 14:12   #1540
Senior - BHPian

Rech-ponses

Quote:
....... and everything else under the sun.
Mr. Fair Issac, you sure about that statement?? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
k_ajay: Hey. I've found just the gent to write our Travelogues, Lodge-Meeting Minutes, Induction Paragraphs, Fabled Fabia White Papers, Fabiosi Manuals, Fabiosi Welcome Kit and things. Man, he's so fluid and does it with such panache.

Ze Official Bangy Fabiosi Lodge Chronicler, k_ajay!
Ha ha ha... You've got to be kidding... No taking away of responsibilities from ye mad englishman, netchef... Your job responsibilities here, stay.. Maybe we help, but you weave the words...

Quote:
Now that's a wish.. Would be tough to drive to Mumbai for a meet, however, when I do visit Mumbai, it may not be on a Fabia..

Quote:
Agree.. I may be selfish in asking Invinsible to visit us though. All of us here could gain from his 'technical knowledge' of the Fab.

-----

Where is VKJ??
Old 20th May 2009, 20:52   #1541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav Mathur View Post
After each incident of Stalling of the Engine, it takes around 30-40 minutes for the Car to be started again. This is very-2 dangerous on a Highway, but Skoda has never acknowledged this risk. Also I have confirmation from Skoda itself that they have stopped the Production of Fabia 1.4 Petrol MPI due to so many problems reported in the Model. They have done this within the very First Year of Launching this Model. But people like me are stuck with their defective Model. Skoda should be prosecuted for selling defective cars to Customers. I bought this Car on 9-May-08 and till date, after more than a Year of purchase, all I have got from Skoda are lies and false assurances.
Does it show a check engine light?
Did you have the dealer look at any trouble codes. I have a feeling something is overheating and the engine is shutting off to protect itself. Once it cools off ...it starts again.

Hopefully other 1.4 petrol users can throw some light on this.

Last edited by Mpower : 20th May 2009 at 20:54.
Old 20th May 2009, 21:28   #1542
BHPian

I have never had this problem really, and I feel Gaurav must get in touch with a independent garage with a proper VAG enabled service station and get their opinion to support his claim in case he takes skoda to court. That the dealers are liars and cheaters is beyond doubt, though us bangy folk seem to be in better luck.

There was a software upgrade for the 1.4 Mpi earlier which may have had something to do with problems like this. The only issue I have had so far is with the car providing very low torque at ~1100 rpm in 2nd/3rd gear when fully loaded and AC max on hot days. This is infrequent and never happened on a highway, since such a low RPM will typically not be encountered.

I had a issue with parking sensor erroring out sometimes, but that was rectified by the dealer under warranty.
Old 20th May 2009, 21:52   #1543
Senior - BHPian

Issues Galore !

Quote:
Gaurav,

I'm sorry to hear the numerous problems you've faced. Obviously I'm fortunate to not be in your shoes yet, but I do understand the genuine frustration.

Call me a fool, if you will, for voluntarily purchasing an 1.4 MPI Skoda Elegance. I was aware of the rumoured problems on the car and also some fuel issue, but the car I got was the one that had the 'upgrade' done on the ECU before I purchased it. I say this with confidence since my car runs on regular octane fuel and it does not knock, jerk or stall and my brakes are fine and not hard either. All is okay.

Fortunately, I haven't had the problem you've been mentioning here. If my car stalls, I need only less than a minute to start again and that too, is only a safety feature that prevents double cranking. So I turn the key off completely and re-ignite again. And it starts without any drama. So far.

Skoda confirmed with me too [my query was after my purchase] that they've stopped manufacture of the 1.4 MPI model due to spare part issues that they're a party too, and that the management decided to bring production, to a halt. This was confirmed to me from the Aurangabad plant itself.

I empathize with you and your situation. There is another thread started by another severely troubled Skoda customer called HarishV, on the main 'Indian Cars' page. Plenty of Skoda India officials' email addresses are available there. Our own thread starter here, Netchef, may have the contact details of certain key senior officials at Skoda India.

In my opinion, the cars are well built but support from Skoda is suspect and lousy, at worst, as depicted by many members in the forum. Fortunately, most of us here have been spared of severe trauma and embaressment.

Almost all of us here are available for any data gathering and support and wish you the best on any endeavour you choose to embark on. I can only hope that your situation gets better and pray that I don't have to, one day, be in your shoes. I honestly will be left short of time, to fight back.

Good luck, sir.
Old 20th May 2009, 22:22   #1544
BHPian

Quote:

Anyone has any pointers to e-mail addresesses of someone in the media? How long does a Consumer Court takes for redressal, any idea.
If you are an Autocar India subscriber you can write to them in the "HelpLine" section. They take up the matter with manufacturer directly. I have seen lot of cases taken up by them.
Old 21st May 2009, 09:55   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
the Engine had started Stalling.
Any chance of poor fuel quality causing this? I've heard that Skodas are particluarly sensitive to fuel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks