Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2009, 13:56   #1561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
BTW I reverted to my old Insurer (United india Assurance) for the Princely sum of Rs 7779/- I got a 50% NCB, and 40% something or other, and a personal discount from my neighbour, their GM. Inside trick you need to watch for is some sort of 'floor' that they deduct before making any pay outs. If it's 5K, they'll deduct that from your claim amount (say 80K), and then work a standard formula on what's left. Can't recall the industry term for it.

The private Insurers who called me 24/7 for weeks are NOT happy.
netchef/fabiosis:
My car's insurance is getting expired next month. Have to renew it. I made a claim already. ICICILombard quoted (existing one, no NCB)

Insured Declared Value : 524240
Total Premium : 11740

From Reliance I got this quote (I mentioned about my claim). Reliance has a tie-up with Gurudev motors.
Insured Declared Value : 560282
Total Premium : 13802

Do you think Reliance is a better option? Are there any alternates?

Please give me your valuable suggestions. Also the Reliance agent told me that they pay 100% and for plastic parts 90%. Is it true?
Old 27th May 2009, 16:36   #1562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
netchef/fabiosis:
My car's insurance is getting expired next month. Have to renew it. I made a claim already. ICICILombard quoted (existing one, no NCB)

Insured Declared Value : 524240
Total Premium : 11740

From Reliance I got this quote (I mentioned about my claim). Reliance has a tie-up with Gurudev motors.
Insured Declared Value : 560282
Total Premium : 13802

Do you think Reliance is a better option? Are there any alternates?

Please give me your valuable suggestions. Also the Reliance agent told me that they pay 100% and for plastic parts 90%. Is it true?
How come IDV's are different. Shouldn't it be 80% of your last year's IDV? Is it because of your claim?
Have heard TATA AIG is good with Skoda dealers in Bangalore. They are prompt.
Just a suggestion: Don't go purely by premium amount. One can lose a lot more in order to same a couple of grands intially.
Old 27th May 2009, 17:10   #1563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
How come IDV's are different. Shouldn't it be 80% of your last year's IDV? Is it because of your claim?
Have heard TATA AIG is good with Skoda dealers in Bangalore. They are prompt.
Just a suggestion: Don't go purely by premium amount. One can lose a lot more in order to same a couple of grands intially.
fi.robin:
The Reliance guy was very flexible to change the IDV. Based on few other threads, I will ask them to depriciate the value by 20%. Reliance has a tieup with the Chennai dealer. So I hope the claims will be an easy process.
Old 27th May 2009, 17:47   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
fi.robin:
The Reliance guy was very flexible to change the IDV. Based on few other threads, I will ask them to depriciate the value by 20%. Reliance has a tieup with the Chennai dealer. So I hope the claims will be an easy process.
Actually some providers reduce the IDV to reduce the total premium. It is a common practice which should be avoided. According to my knowledge (which is at best limited) depreciation should be 20% for first year, and 5% every year thereafter. I guess you are already aware of this.
Also take time out to read through the documents.
There will be a clause about replaced spare parts. If you let the provider take care of it then they cover more (they sell those parts and recover some money). But if you plan to keep the parts to yourself, they will cover less and in turn you get to keep the parts (which actually may not be of much use to you). This was the gyan given to me by the Service Manager.
See if you can make use of the little gyan.

Last edited by fi.robin : 27th May 2009 at 17:48.
Old 27th May 2009, 20:14   #1565
BHPian

Quote:
netchef/fabiosis:
My car's insurance is getting expired next month.
Quote:
Quote:
Actually some providers reduce the IDV to reduce the total premium. It is a common practice which should be avoided.
Very true what Robin is saying: insider info is that they can bring your initial outlay down and impress you by that, but come claim time, you could lose some amount via some arcane 'discount' clauses etc.

The private chaps that pitched for my business even offered me an 'age' discount, but I didn't bite- No Siree!
Old 27th May 2009, 20:52   #1566
BHPian

activity again

After a brief lull thread is active again .
I had a tough time with viruses on my laptop. Had to reformat it to get rid of the viruses.
Old 28th May 2009, 09:28   #1567
BHPian

Quote:
After a brief lull thread is active again .
I had a tough time with viruses on my laptop. Had to reformat it to get rid of the viruses.
Absolutely. The written word evaporated, the Agents Provacateur of distant field went underground. Now, like Phoenix, they're about to return with pure-as-Vestal-virgins EGRs etc. Hope they bring their Kodak moments as well
Old 28th May 2009, 10:37   #1568
BHPian

Quote:
Kodak moments as well
That reminds me, we may go to Coorg tomorrow. Not sure if it is best time to visit Coorg. Will go anyway. This time will try the NICE road to connect to the Mysore road instead of going through the city.

Invinsible: what will be your tute consist of this time, on your usual mid-night post .
Old 28th May 2009, 10:46   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
That reminds me, we may go to Coorg tomorrow. Not sure if it is best time to visit Coorg. Will go anyway. This time will try the NICE road to connect to the Mysore road instead of going through the city.
The NICE road is a good idea if you are leaving anytime after 6 am. Otherwise I find it doesn't save me time, and I prefer to go through the city via the city market flyover etc. It makes sense for you to turn OFF mysore road onto NICE on the way back to avoid late afternoon/ evening traffic.

The road upto Kushalnagar is MUCH improved, bordering on fantastic, especially after Yelwal. After that, widening work has begun, and given that it has started raining, I guess will stay that way for a long time to come.

Kushalnagar to Madikeri is only so-so. Virajpet etc is also the usual state highway.
The revelation was the Yelwal-Kushalnagar section. Four-laned, with barriers and median and all the markings. Lovely to drive, though given its almost the Mysore suburb now, there is too much by way of two-wheelers and autos imitating the bovine tribe and wandering around on all sides of the road.
It was just beginning to rain last Monday when I was there... it might have gotten worse. At that time, at least the leeches weren't out yet on the plantation I was at!

Will be nice in a Fabia. My Palio loves the drive!

Last edited by crackingride : 28th May 2009 at 10:53. Reason: adding detail that I missed out
Old 28th May 2009, 11:49   #1570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
The NICE road is a good idea if you are leaving anytime after 6 am. Otherwise I find it doesn't save me time, and I prefer to go through the city via the city market flyover etc. It makes sense for you to turn OFF mysore road onto NICE on the way back to avoid late afternoon/ evening traffic.

The road upto Kushalnagar is MUCH improved, bordering on fantastic, especially after Yelwal. After that, widening work has begun, and given that it has started raining, I guess will stay that way for a long time to come.

Kushalnagar to Madikeri is only so-so. Virajpet etc is also the usual state highway.
The revelation was the Yelwal-Kushalnagar section. Four-laned, with barriers and median and all the markings. Lovely to drive, though given its almost the Mysore suburb now, there is too much by way of two-wheelers and autos imitating the bovine tribe and wandering around on all sides of the road.
It was just beginning to rain last Monday when I was there... it might have gotten worse. At that time, at least the leeches weren't out yet on the plantation I was at!

Nice info.
Has the monsoon hit the Keral coastlines? I was wondering the rain that we witnessed last week was a local phenomenon.

It will be one of my shorter trip. Will go easy on machinery. Was anyway planning to take the Kushalnagar route.

Thanks
Old 28th May 2009, 15:09   #1571
BHPian

back from jungle..

great to see the fabiosis keeping thread floating and seems travel bug has bit robin again. had given my car for the blower fixing last week and now, the cabin is so silent even in rough roads..a bit of ECU tweaking and the baby is riding like a dream now, making me feel like going for a long drive to bombay

@ robin, it was raining nonstop over here for last 4-5 days due to a depression in the coast. the sky cleared up yesterday evening only and hopefully, we would have normal monsoon soon. any plan to drive down here?tug in the bald brothers and others soon
Old 28th May 2009, 18:01   #1572
BHPian

Quote:
That reminds me, we may go to Coorg tomorrow.
Quote:
The NICE road is a good idea if you are leaving anytime after 6 am. Otherwise I find ...
Quote:
Nice info.
Has the monsoon hit the Keral coastlines? Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
great to see the fabiosis ...
plan to drive down here?tug in the bald brothers and others soon

Gents: our view-meter clocked One Hundred Thousand while we weren't looking. Fantastic, isn't it? It goes to show somebody out there, petrolhead, diesel-Duffer, Hybrid-hooligan, HydrogenT, ElectriX, monoped, biped, all sorts like your story, our stories, pictures, travel plans. Hell, I'm beginning to think they even like our sexy carb-thickened EGRs!! Congrats to all. It's an accomplishment in my mind.

Great going.

fi.robin: Coorg friend said it was hot there just yesterday, but you never can predict the permanence of these prophecies.

crackingride: Sir, you drive a Palio!! Great to have you here. When the other camp visits- ANY other camp- we roll out the red carpet for, indeed, they do us great honour. Pleased to have you visit and add your piece.

Do come again.

Mysticeyes: Ye Smooth Bros are trying to earn a living, at least one half of them. The other is strangely silent....like your blower.
But Kerala sounds very inviting. Keep the toddy ready (coolant) so we can curry favour with some curry meen.
Old 29th May 2009, 10:12   #1573
BHPian

Quote:

crackingride: Sir, you drive a Palio!! Great to have you here. When the other camp visits- ANY other camp- we roll out the red carpet for, indeed, they do us great honour. Pleased to have you visit and add your piece.

Do come again.
Believe you me, I've been visiting for a long time now. If one does the archeology, I will keep popping up on the Fabia threads, and more recently on the VW Polo one.

Given that the Polo is a kissing cousin and all, any technical issues will necessarily be cross-border, so to speak, and visiting other camps will be the best way to deal with those!

I for one believe that it's the automotive first, and the specific species of ride comes next.

Congrats on what is turning into a long innings on this forum.
Old 29th May 2009, 11:30   #1574
BHPian

Quote:
Believe you me, I've been visiting for a long time now. If one does the archeology, I will keep popping up on the Fabia threads
Congrats on what is turning into a long innings on this forum.
crackingride: Yes, I do recall the handle now.

Thanks.
Old 29th May 2009, 17:28   #1575
Senior - BHPian

Note from Mod : Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Quote:

Invinsible: what will be your tute consist of this time, on your usual mid-night post .
Well changed my working hours, been working over time, hoping I get paid for tech assistance given here all this while which keeps me awake till so late hehe..
Just kidding.. it's just some audit work since a week and to keep me awake it's the entertaining columns of team-bhp.

NETCHEF: That's one achievement. How many threads share that 100,000 views along with us.. I doubt not many and we almost half way through closing on 2000 post Wouldn't be too far off.

MYSTICEYES: Great to know that your problems have been solved. And you bet, it does feel like all new car. Not a bad idea, drive down to bombay and am sure you won't regret. Will receive you happily.

SMALL update : 30000kms crossed and am closing on getting my 3rd service at 32000kms with few issues coming up. One of them are few squeking noises coming from the center console/ gear console, low pick up, I guess it's the EGR valve again which in my case I feel could be getting choked little earlier thanks to the remap I have and also be due to some little amount of smoke in traffic driving conditions. Anyways will get it cleaned again along with intake manifold but this time manually by removing the part instead of just using chemical cleaning. Am sure it would make a lot of difference.

The GHOST NOISE is coming back. Yes that's right the blower noise which had got fixed has started to reappear again. Though it's a minute noise but hoping to get it fixed before it gets too loud during the 3rd service.
Some noises from left suspension again but nothing serious but would get the suspension cleaned and reoiled again before the rains make it worst.

Also, 1st anniversary coming close on 20th June. Plans, well getting the new head installed for it finally. Haven't been able to fetch the dash adaptor for it so getting it custom made. Watch out for this. And ya addition of new Subwoofer straight import from US of A.
Will get take her to pamper her, get here interior cleaned and shampooed along with polymer coating polish for the exterior.
Also, decided on getting new set of light for it. I have been using the HID in my headlamp but it came with the 6000k which is my major cause worry to drive with in rains as it's way too poor. So what's the remedy, well keeping the same ballast that is part of HID (it's more like a relay for halogen), getting the new bulbs with 4300K light that's comes OEM with the cars. It will give much more visibilty. So the new bulbs are coming from US of A to be used by the same old ballast I have. Should give me new ray of light
Also, getting the HID for fog lamps but again with 4300K light only change it will be 55W HID as against the usual 35W HID currently available and used by OEM. 55W HID has twice the power of 35W HID. Am sure it should help me to give daylight effect with these changes.
What more can I have? Any suggestions?
Oh! ya plan to get new set of tyres but thinking whether to get it now or after rains. I feel after rains will make more sense along with 15 or 16 OZ racing wheels.

And ya what's the best issurance to get? Any suggestions on this as well will be appreciated. THanks.

Cheers !!

Last edited by GTO : 30th May 2009 at 12:35.
Invinsible is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks