Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2008, 16:35   #811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
Teflon coating is a very tricky subject. You have to go by dealer's words when he say that he has done teflon coating for your car.
----
I used to get my car nd dads car coated every 6 months (6 months is recommended by teflon coating agencies)
Yes i guess the coating is a really subjective matter as a lay man cannot distinguish between a coated and a non coated car.
My dealer told me later on that the coating for my Fabia was outsourced and not done in the workshop, which was quite dissappointing as one expects these things to be done in the dealers workshop.
Though i have not tested on the finer points of coating now i would surely do and compare with my civic in which there is no coating.
Old 13th November 2008, 12:26   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
Dear All,

Its been a week that i started to go through this long thread and now finally Iam through with all 54 pages.
I must say its been a both interesting as well as knowledgeable experiance for me to see people sharing every bit of their loved car.
To add to this ever increasing list i would also like to share some of my experiances.

I booked the Fabia diesel classic Red colour after going through few other cars in this price range like Dzire, Fiesta and Verna.

uneet: Congrats on the new wheeled incumbent. Here's to Many Happy Miles.
And don't worry too much about the wiring issue and faulty RVM- these are things that could have happened with the best of car Brands.

Drive safe, Sir.

Rest of you Fabiosi: good to hear from the few 'silent partners' and it's a pleasure having you back. Keep the story going and do make our day with some handsome pics.
Old 13th November 2008, 19:28   #813
BHPian

hello guys i have been going through out this thread and i have'nt seen even a single Fabia with kits.
so here's a website where i found some good kits for skoda vehicles
SKODA TUNING SHOP for Octavia, Octavia II, Fabia, Roomster, Superb, Felicia : Skoda Tuning = superskoda.com
Old 13th November 2008, 20:30   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARDAN View Post
hello guys i have been going through out this thread and i have'nt seen even a single Fabia with kits.
so here's a website where i found some good kits for skoda vehicles
SKODA TUNING SHOP for Octavia, Octavia II, Fabia, Roomster, Superb, Felicia : Skoda Tuning = superskoda.com

FARDAN:
Thanks a heap. I must have spent 20 minutes on that site and had to tear myself away. Most goodies are beyond me, but there's no law against looking (and drooling). Loved it.

ps. look for the Fabiosi who have modded their engines with Pete's upgrades and are having the proverbial blast.
Old 14th November 2008, 00:00   #815
BHPian

small update guys , i remember posting on rattling issues on the fabia, which was coming from the left hand side of the car , recently my cousin left his car three times to get the rattling issues eradicated but tafe did nothing each time some stupid reason was given and finally the third time they said this problem is related to power steering and it cannot be rapaired and it is manufacturer fault. I feel they could have told this earlier. So guys anyone here experiencing the same problem ?
Old 14th November 2008, 11:59   #816
BHPian

Escalate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
small update guys , i remember posting on rattling issues on the fabia, which was coming from the left hand side of the car , recently my cousin left his car three times to get the rattling issues eradicated but tafe did nothing each time some stupid reason was given and finally the third time they said this problem is related to power steering and it cannot be rapaired and it is manufacturer fault. I feel they could have told this earlier. So guys anyone here experiencing the same problem ?

Chetan: 'Manufacturer fault' sounds like a serious thing both for such a defect to exist in the car as well as for the dealer to commit to it. I would suggest your cousin connects with Skoda to have this sorted out.
I have no such sounds to report, fortunately, except for a clunk when I rumble across a particularly bad road (like the stretch on Wind Tunnel Rd.) while taking the turn, but this I think is quite normal as any car's suspension would be pushed to the brink by such a heinous surface.

Rest of the dialogue under way about paints and smells: sorry guys. I have been grabbing a moment here and there between this demanding project I'm in the throes of, and have absorbed most of what's being said. Duly impressed with those of you who apportion a part of their day to waxing lyrical with some elbow grease.

Mea culpa: I don't own a polish and don't do more than the weekly wash. I shall take a leaf from your books soon.
Old 14th November 2008, 23:06   #817
BHPian

Rattling problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
Chetan, can you add some more details on the rattling sound I had the same problem - there is a 'tung' sound that comes when going over a rough road. So far I have taken the car to the dealer two times: the first time they did nothing but to ignorantly update the firmware and say it fixes everything, second time they did put some mechanic to check the sound but he could not find anything wrong. I will be taking the car to them again in 2-3 days. This is the only (-)ve thing about the car, at 7+ lac range there should not be any rattles/sounds.

All: what is your opinion about the warranty in this regard. Is Skoda liable to fix it?
Old 15th November 2008, 12:21   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvaithC View Post
Chetan, can you add some more details on the rattling sound I had the same problem - there is a 'tung' sound that comes when going over a rough road. So far I have taken the car to the dealer two times: the first time they did nothing but to ignorantly update the firmware and say it fixes everything, second time they did put some mechanic to check the sound but he could not find anything wrong. I will be taking the car to them again in 2-3 days. This is the only (-)ve thing about the car, at 7+ lac range there should not be any rattles/sounds.

All: what is your opinion about the warranty in this regard. Is Skoda liable to fix it?
AdvaithC: IMO Monsieurs Skoda and Bros. are liable to the extent that it's proved the malfucntion is not 'part' of the/any regularly running car, it was not supplied as such, and the car was not used for purposes not covered under such warranty such as rallying or sports etc. In other words, yeah you've got more than a decent chance. Also remember the power of vox populii: make sure you tell them- if they are being coy about servicing your complaint- that you've a ready readership (on this Forum) that will surely hear about the problem as well as the deficient service. THAT never fails to rattle them, AND it should!
Old 17th November 2008, 11:58   #819
BHPian

Leaning to Left..

Dear Advaith..I think the "thunk" on the left side is a common problem. Even my car make the same sound if it tries to explores the gutters beyond a certain depth. I talked to few fabia owners around ehre and all of them expressed similar experience. Guess we've to live with that..Still I'm pestering the service guys here for a response .

Meanwhile my baby ha crossed the 3000 Km mark. Seems i'm driving more compared to the normal usage. It should have been around 2100-2300 Km mark only by now..But seems seduced (in the right sense) by the car to drive it more and more..A proof of enjoying the drives may be

Dear Netchef, the experience of polishing an apple for teachers during schooldays does help me to polish my baby now
Old 17th November 2008, 20:08   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvaithC View Post
there is a 'tung' sound that comes when going over a rough road. So far I have taken the car to the dealer two times: the first time they did nothing but to ignorantly update the firmware and say it fixes everything,
That was a good one. This is the worst fix suggested by a dealer so far.

Last edited by CBlazer : 17th November 2008 at 20:10.
Old 18th November 2008, 15:02   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Advaith..I think the "thunk" on the left side is a common problem. Even my car make the same sound if it tries to explores the gutters beyond a certain depth. I talked to few fabia owners around ehre and all of them expressed similar experience. Guess we've to live with that..Still I'm pestering the service guys here for a response .

Meanwhile my baby ha crossed the 3000 Km mark. Seems i'm driving more compared to the normal usage. It should have been around 2100-2300 Km mark only by now..But seems seduced (in the right sense) by the car to drive it more and more..A proof of enjoying the drives may be

Dear Netchef, the experience of polishing an apple for teachers during schooldays does help me to polish my baby now
Mysticeyes: Ha ha. I heven't heard that phrase in moons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
That was a good one. This is the worst fix suggested by a dealer so far.
CBlazer: Telling me? We Indians love to go out-on-a-limb rather than admit we don't know the foggiest about a problem at hand. I LOVE people who tell me upfront that they are ill-positioned/unqualified to advise, as they save me time and money. Why of why can't we do it???
Old 20th November 2008, 12:40   #822
BHPian

It must be strange or I didn't notice it so far. But has it come to anyones notice that the air reticulation gets switched off while we reverse? i noted it yesterday evening.

Dear Netchef, the phrases come out of necessity if not apple polishing, then it was 'cleaning the black board' for teachers. after all, we've to get marks by any means. meanwhile i was slightly busy with a new travelogue

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...mad-roads.html
Old 20th November 2008, 17:21   #823
BHPian

Quote:
It must be strange or I didn't notice it so far. But has it come to anyones notice that the air reticulation gets switched off while we reverse? i noted it yesterday evening.

Dear Netchef, the phrases come out of necessity if not apple polishing, then it was 'cleaning the black board' for teachers. after all, we've to get marks by any means. meanwhile i was slightly busy with a new travelogue

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...mad-roads.html
Mysticeyes: Dear Mysticeyes, thanks for (a) clearing the air (b) recirculating the air etc. Your travelogues are a must-read but I need to carve out the time. I did get your message, but could not reply as I surmised that it was a PM via Team-Bhp, and had meanwhile deleted it. Hope you don't mind that I respond here: I guessed there'd been some sort of brain-drain of Fabiosi, and indeed the right to 'choice' is why we're called a Democracy, but speaking for myself, it will be extremely difficult to visit/dialogue/maintain watch on 2 sites, struggle as I do to read this Fabiosi Forum often enough and contribute my 2 bits. Sadly, shall have to decline but must say I miss the Gents. My Best to them.
Old 24th November 2008, 11:13   #824
BHPian

Of things virus and post-virus

The Art-of- Being-Fabiosi: I've been down with the sort of thing that normally afflicts the weak-kneed and lily-livered and not us biker-driver Marines, but there you have it. I was floored and completely under, which poor condition only meant I was unable to give my Czech baby her weekly shampoo, nor able to take her for the customary spin (is it Kiss-to-mary to Cuss the Bride?).
Fortunately the parents took her out on the Sabbath for a rather wet and drizzled-on drive, but she did get to stretch her legs.

It's been many moons since I reported on her performance and general health, and it's mainly as I have hardly exciting miles being clocked, nor anything adverse or unhappy to report. She starts and runs as smooth as the day we got her, if not a bit more refined. She has yet to cross the 5K kms mark, which is a paltry amount compared with what many of you ardent adventurers have done. And then, I don't want to sound mawkish or patronizing or indeed intent on grabbing Press for the sake of it.
Maybe, on her first Anniversary, I will gift the folks a Stanley interior, but that's building castles in the air. Anyway, that's on my 'hope' radar.

More soon. Pics too if I can rope in willing lens. Drive safe, guys.
Old 25th November 2008, 19:15   #825
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My Car has recently clocked 3k mark and had a first chance of taking her to the highways for a trip to Agra. Delhi - Agra - Delhi is a decent highway though has deterioated a lot in last few years.
The 400 km odd drive was silky smooth and she was able to overtake the big babies quite comfortably though on most of the occasions it was kept under 120.
It returned with the milaege of around 20 with 50% AC on which i felt is a decent one. In city conditions it is now giving the milaege of 16-17.

Take care guys... and safe motoring..

Uneet

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks