Old 16th October 2008, 16:17   #766
Senior - BHPian

Well its a disposable paper filter.
Old 17th October 2008, 13:03   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Well its a disposable paper filter.
Invinsible: Ah, one less tree and one more cost. Thanks for the info.
Old 17th October 2008, 17:58   #768
Senior - BHPian

This morning was checking my car out if there are any minor scratches cozed during parking in various city places. And then my eyes went on the front left tyres which has got an air bubble in the tyre. Now i know it is ok to drive with it in city with low speed but anything above 100 on continous speed where the tyre in inflate coz of heat may prove to be risky. I'd like to know if anyone here has faced this problem? Can it be replaced under warranty? I got the matador tyres from the company and its driven over 11k kms. It's quite dispointing to have something like this occured.

Last edited by Invinsible : 17th October 2008 at 18:01.
Old 19th October 2008, 00:44   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Fabia Combi with 1.9, that will be great. I feel the car looks good, well proportioned compared to actavia combi. And with 1.9 and that added luggage space and features, I think it might do well. But Indian market is unpredictable, am guessing its not yet ready for the station wagons.
Any news of the the Combi's launch? Auto Bild suggested that the launch would happen this year. They even had a picture of a test car (with MH registration).
Old 19th October 2008, 02:01   #770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Any news of the the Combi's launch? Auto Bild suggested that the launch would happen this year. They even had a picture of a test car (with MH registration).

I doubt they are going to launch the combi, what i feel is they probably brought down the combi 1.9 for test purpose may be once cleared will fit it in the fabia. Had read in the autocar also that they will bring the 1.9 fabia along with green fabia which has the best mileage amongst all and least polluting. they havnt mentioned anywhere about the combi.
Having fabia 1.9 with dsg gearbox and all the bells and whistles like esp, asr, bigger all disc brakes, cruise control, and not to forget adaptive xenon headlamp and others will be great. Price anyhwere between 9.5-10L will be great.
Let's see what these guys have in store for us.
Old 19th October 2008, 08:55   #771
BHPian

I too heard from the Chennai dealer that the combi with 1.9 engine will be launched in a while.
Old 19th October 2008, 09:37   #772
Senior - BHPian

Well if skoda brings the 1.9 combi who knows it might go the octi combi way. Dont think skoda will take such a risk.

Anyways coming back to our topic, anyone here seen any tyre bubble in recent times. I just got one, anyone knows if the tyre can be replaced under warranty.

Last edited by Invinsible : 19th October 2008 at 09:46.
Old 19th October 2008, 21:44   #773
BANNED

Quote:
Well, here are the pics I am posting of the stanley seats in sand and silver color. Pardon me for the quality of pics.

Also, I realised last evening the wipers given are the speed sensitive wipers. My car was on standstill and kept the wipers on 1st interval setting and the wipers were coming on every 4 seconds but when the car was on motion above 40 or so that 4 seconds came down 2 seconds. Thats neat.
hi Invinsible,
How much did the stanley cost you??

Thanks
Old 19th October 2008, 22:10   #774
BANNED

hi ronnyquest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyquest View Post
My czech baby,

The FE gives 17.
i have seen this car(tn07bb6789) in chennai (kottivakkam).do you stay there?? but your TB profiles says mumbai?? confusing
Old 20th October 2008, 10:25   #775
BHPian

Dear Invinsible,

It would be helpful if you can post a pic of the tyre with bubbles so other can also detect in case..If my memory is right, I had read somewhere along this thread, the same problem reported by another user, Fortunately, he detected it just before he took delivery of the car and got the tyre replaced. Try checking the middle pages (between 20-28)

Down South, here, the dealer said that Roomster 'might be' introduced after the launch of New Superb. If the dealer is to be believed, the Superbs in exisiting stock are being cleared for discount of nearly Rs. 2 lakhs. Meanwhile, the mileage of my baby has gone upto 13km/l. I think the major factor may be that more roads here have undergone 'plastic surgery' and hence, less gearshifts or tailing behind other vehicles. It has been a steady increase from 10.5km/l to 11.5km/ when some road stretches were redone last month. Now, with more roads looking like roads, it crept upto 13km/l
Old 20th October 2008, 12:54   #776
BHPian

Quote:
This morning was checking my car out if there are any minor scratches cozed during parking in various city places. And then my eyes went on the front left tyres which has got an air bubble in the tyre. Now i know it is ok to drive with it in city with low speed but anything above 100 on continous speed where the tyre in inflate coz of heat may prove to be risky. I'd like to know if anyone here has faced this problem? Can it be replaced under warranty? I got the matador tyres from the company and its driven over 11k kms. It's quite dispointing to have something like this occured.
Invinsible: it's deplorable that you too have a defect in a tyre. Please be firm with your Dealer: they must replace the tyre, and in turn get it adjusted with their 'source'. Today, with the developments in materials and manufacture, defects in rubbers are hardly ever heard of and it's their fault for having chosen poorly.

Someone else had a similar problem. IMO you'd do well to make a noise about it. If enough owners do create a stink, perhaps it will trickle back to Skoda Czech who might then refrain from sending us 3rd world buyers (3rd rock from the Sun, too) cheap goods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
CBlazer: Someone please enlighten me- is the Combi the same as the Roomster?

Quote:
I doubt they are going to launch the combi, what i feel is they probably brought down the combi 1.9 for test purpose may be once cleared will fit it in the fabia. Had read in the autocar also that they will bring the 1.9 fabia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
I too heard from the Chennai dealer that the combi with 1.9 engine will be launched in a while.
Quote:
Well if skoda brings the 1.9 combi...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
Dear Invinsible,

It would be helpful if you can post a pic of the tyre with bubbles so other can also detect in case..
Down South, here, the dealer said that Roomster 'might be' introduced
Mysticeyes: Pics are an excellent idea. This way we'll all get a fix.
Old 20th October 2008, 14:23   #777
BHPian

Dear NC, Roomster belongs to the MPV segment as termed by Skoda. Fabia Combi is rather a 'Station Wagon'..just like the Octavia Combi which was launched few years back and sunk. You can see the pics of Fabia Combi in the User Manual cover pages

Roomster is much more bigger in size and got a raised rear end instead of flowing lines. Fabia Combi got 1 more row of seating at rear and more luggage area to hold the weekend bags for 2 families.
Old 20th October 2008, 15:11   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Dear NC, Roomster belongs to the MPV segment as termed by Skoda. Fabia Combi is rather a 'Station Wagon'..just like the Octavia Combi which was launched few years back and sunk. You can see the pics of Fabia Combi in the User Manual cover pages

Roomster is much more bigger in size and got a raised rear end instead of flowing lines. Fabia Combi got 1 more row of seating at rear and more luggage area to hold the weekend bags for 2 families.
Mysticeyes: Ah, Sir. It dawns. Thanks for setting the record straight.
Old 20th October 2008, 20:44   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Fabia Combi got 1 more row of seating at rear and more luggage area to hold the weekend bags for 2 families.
A small correction - the Fabia Combi does not have an extra row of seats. Just has more room for luggage. Was supposedly very well received when launched (earlier this year). Also read in Auto Bild that Skoda is known to make pretty good estates

?koda Auto - The new ?koda Fabia Combi - Comfort
Old 21st October 2008, 00:32   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
hi Invinsible,
How much did the stanley cost you??

Thanks
Hey, i got a two tone color seats along with the door pads, armrest, steering in black and silver, altogether in classic leather costed 34k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks