Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2009, 09:16   #1516

Thanks for the info on this thread - very helpful !
Old 13th May 2009, 10:57   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaldhami View Post
This must be because of loose connection earphone jack..
It is the AUX cable which I purchased for 100 someting bucks. It does not fit in my Ipod properly.

I have just dropped my car at Vinayak SC for AC blower replacement. Will get it back tomorrow evening. Let's see how it goes.

How about a Bangy meet this weekend. I ll be busy for the next two weekends after that.
Old 13th May 2009, 14:02   #1518
Senior - BHPian

Reg the Headunit and Service intervel

Just like Netchef pointed out that once on driving seat one can hear better sound than compared to seating on the passenger seat where one would feel the left sound louder than the right. Well I too felt this and had checked with the Manager at the workshop. I took the CD out and had listen in another fabia. And din't find that problem. After this I assumed that since I am using an Amplifier with input converter it could be coz of that. I checked that and it was all fine.
So, finally did some research on this too, and found out that the Dance head unit they are using in the Fabia may be from Skoda but it's built in Germany by two different companies. There could be a possibility that one of them is using a delaying signal on the left side channel so as to give a better soundstage to the driver. I also noticed that the one I have doesn't come with a RCA preout compared to the other one which has atleast 1 given.
I don't know how would one look at, it's could be best for the driver but when the passenger sits may feel the right speaker doesn't seem to be working. I have kept +1 gain for right speaker in the headunit balance, this does help a little.

Would be able to exactly what the problem is when I install the new headunit lying with me since long. Will be getting the dash kit by next week. Will post the details.

REG THE SERVICE INTERVAL:
Its good to know they upped the interval timing to 15000kms. However it may work the best for people who are driving at low speed and less then 50-60kms everyday. As under low speed the viscosity performance may not go down compared to everyday driving of more than 70-80 kmsrunning, more frequent highway driving, at high speed which all will definitely affect it's viscosity. In which case best would be to get an oil change in every 10000kms.
Driving at low speeds which includes city drive, or moderate highway drive, within 60kms may also have a effect on the oil on long run. Diesel engines are prone to have a lot of carbon soot thanks to the EGR valve. Carbon accumulated in the engine gets burnt while driving. But under city driving carbon deposition is higher and burning is lesser due to low speed driving. This affects the synthetic oil which one may notice goes completely black and thick.
To avoid engine wear and have better smoother engine running I would suggest to stick to 10000kms oil change. If not give for service than just buy the oil and get it changed outside.

Last edited by Invinsible : 13th May 2009 at 14:11.
Old 13th May 2009, 14:21   #1519
BHPian

Bangy meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier_blanc View Post
Thanks for the info on this thread - very helpful !
Chevalier_blanc: You're welcome to stop by any time and more than welcome to add your perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
How about a Bangy meet this weekend. I ll be busy for the next two weekends after that.
fi.robin: I'm game for a Sunday afternoon chukka just like last time. Anyone else in? I remember promising certain gents we'd do the next one closer to their watering holes so as not to show bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
in the Fabia may be from Skoda but it's built in Germany by two different companies
Invinsible: Interesting info of the head unit being supplied by two manufacturers: they lead us a Dance all right!
Old 13th May 2009, 14:53   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARDAN View Post
Hey guys.. got this picture from the Chennai imports thread. the Fabia behind the Merc has got a very unique look because of the alloys. this particular alloy really goes well with the fabia.

this seems to be after-market alloys..or sometimes it may b even the new design alloys which skoda offers for fabia as separate accessories. the fabia website itself got some additional alloys displayed in accessories section.

the wait for fixing the faulty window switch is getting prolonged. finally, the SC guy has assured me that the switch and overall checkup including the inspection of blower would be carried out on coming friday for sure. guess the spare switch which the SC ordered is walking all the way down to trivandrum from Cochin, where the dealer keeps the main stocks.

so far, the 'dance' in my car has acted normally, except a minor overlapping at times between two FM channels. that also seems to be resolved of late when one of the FM station strengthened its signal
Old 13th May 2009, 18:19   #1521
Senior - BHPian

Let's meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
fi.robin: I'm game for a Sunday afternoon chukka just like last time. Anyone else in? I remember promising certain gents we'd do the next one closer to their watering holes so as not to show bias.
netchef: Game for sunday noon too. Let's wait for that certain gent to come up with plan and coordinates... So yeah, convoy is ready..

Wasn't some other member here willing to join from Bangy too? I forgot the gentleman's name..
Old 13th May 2009, 18:58   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
netchef: Game for sunday Wasn't some other member here willing to join from Bangy too? I forgot the gentleman's name..
k_ajay: Excellent. Coffee and vadais over hot Fabia-speak. Don't forget cameras (and a Photoshop expert standing-by to correct hair styles as and where necessary: I speak for myself).
Old 14th May 2009, 19:08   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
k_ajay: Excellent. Coffee and vadais over hot Fabia-speak. Don't forget cameras (and a Photoshop expert standing-by to correct hair styles as and where necessary: I speak for myself).
No word from the others. VKJ, NK wake up guys.

I got my car today from Vinayak SC. They have replaced the blower. The noise is dead for now. Let's see if it remains like that in future too. Interior has become a bit dirty in the process. Have my work cut out for Saturday .
Old 14th May 2009, 20:03   #1524
BHPian

Traffic violation

Bangalore guys, if you do not know this, here is a website where you can search for fines registered against your vehicle.

Search for Traffic Violations

Last edited by fi.robin : 14th May 2009 at 20:12.
Old 14th May 2009, 21:29   #1525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I got my car today from Vinayak SC. They have replaced the blower. Interior has become a bit dirty in the process. Have my work cut out for Saturday .
Yeah.. VKJ.. Where are thou? We're waiting on you for clarification of location for the sunday meet...

FI.R: didn't you request the vinayak folks to clean the interiors for you as courtesy? That's considering you were willing to spend more time. Or did they deny any such requests?

Also, were they genial towards you in general, since you got the vehicle from TAFE but went to them for warrantry covered service??

I'm keen to know, since I have a 3 yrs preventive maintenance scheme and interested to know how Vinayak will see if it I choose to visit them for planned services. If they're a better SC than Tafe, I'll be glad to go through them..

Quote:
Bangalore guys, if you do not know this, here is a website where you can search for fines registered against your vehicle.

Super helpful link.. Paying fines without leaving the confines of home/work. Lovely that. And no fines yet...

@ netchef & FI: Is VKJ is town? Will there be a meet @ sunday if we don't hear from him by Sat evening??
Old 15th May 2009, 07:04   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah.. VKJ..
FI.R: didn't you request the vinayak folks to clean the interiors for you as courtesy? That's considering you were willing to spend more time. Or did they deny any such requests?

Also, were they genial towards you in general, since you got the vehicle from TAFE but went to them for warrantry covered service??

I'm keen to know, since I have a 3 yrs preventive maintenance scheme and interested to know how Vinayak will see if it I choose to visit them for planned services. If they're a better SC than Tafe, I'll be glad to go through them..

Super helpful link.. Paying fines without leaving the confines of home/work. Lovely that. And no fines yet...
It is that dirt which is visible only to those eyes which takes extra care of cleaning it (or finicky eyes ). Slight grease marks on the grey colored door-pads. They did vaccum clean the interior though.
I think gents at both the SC are genial, but people here take their work more seriously (that's the feeling I got). If your offer is from the company and not Tafe, then Vinayak guys will respect it.
VKJ, he must be busy with his family and work, will SMS him and see.
Old 15th May 2009, 19:21   #1527
Senior - BHPian

We meeting?

So bangy fab boys... are we meeting this Sunday? The day is coming to an end and I need to know since I wont have access to net over weekend.

If it's being decided over the weekend, then one of the bangy boys kindly notify me of the same over phone. Thanks guys...
Old 16th May 2009, 11:27   #1528
BHPian

Quote:

I got my car today from Vinayak SC. They have replaced the blower. The noise is dead for now. Let's see if it remains like that in future too. Interior has become a bit dirty in the process. Have my work cut out for Saturday .
Yeah, guys...are we on for Sunday?
Any idea wha has become of VKJ?

Sat seems maintenance day for many. Just finished washing my Fabia and she looks ravishing in the fuddy-morning sun.

Used rain water for the first round to save the Planet. Consider the planet saved. Amen etc.

Quote:

Hell, our Cops have gone hi-tech. Will mean a serious depletion of the beat gendarme's grease money if everything goes online. Wonder what ption they will choose-perhaps start software companies.

Quote:
Yeah.. VKJ.. Where are thou? We're waiting on you for clarification of location for the sunday meet...

FI.R: didn't you request the vinayak folks to clean the interiors for you as courtesy? That's considering
@ netchef & FI: Is VKJ is town? Will there be a meet @ sunday if we don't hear from him by Sat evening??
VKJ, he must be busy with his family and work, will SMS him and see.[/quote]

Quote:
So bangy fab boys... are we meeting this Sunday? notify me of the same over phone. Thanks guys...

Me too. Not much online once I'm out of the workshop.
Old 18th May 2009, 09:03   #1529
BHPian

Fellow mountaineers, Fabiosi, Romans etc

The rain tried to dampen spirits but it didn't wash, eh?
Great meeting you guys Robin, VKJ, Ajay and thanks for the tea and pictures etc.

VKJ: good choice of place- actually both of them. Would you believe that I roped in my friends from BSK and actually lured them into having dinner there not 1 hour post the departure of the Fabiosi from its portals? However, fate decided otherwise and we moved to MTR for meals because there was this long, really queue of hungry diners, and we thought we'd never get to see a brass farthing let alone a silver thali.

I'm back on the mine face, shaft 5, level 69 or something. Hope someone sends down a beer.

Take care, guys. Drive safe and have a terrific week.
Pics eagerly awaited.
Old 18th May 2009, 19:40   #1530
BHPian

Bangalore-meet Pics

Laws of aerodynamics, kinematics etc. Benzene ring, organic compound alcoh-ol, Bacardi and everything else under the sun. There was nothing stopping us, not even the rain.

General, Mafia, Fish-man and yours camera man.

Once again I need to learn to operate my camera.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-dsc01152.jpg  

Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-dsc01157.jpg  

Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-dsc01154.jpg  

Last edited by fi.robin : 18th May 2009 at 19:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks