Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2008, 17:05   #16

My new blue swift dzire vdi

I got my soverign blue swift dzire VDI , the very first car delivered on 28th March.

Loveely, I have driven 400 kms till date.

I say, this is a very good car.
Old 31st March 2008, 17:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
There should be a law against this. More than just the mileage factor, these demo cars are put through hell. I'm sure many of us have pushed them to their limits during TDs. So we're talking of not just 40k of running around in the city, but 40k of real stressful running. Mechanicals cannot be in good shape when they are sold.
Even if each of the individual involved in driving a TD car drove properly, imagine what would happen to a car if it has been driven by hundreds of people over the course of its lifetime.
Old 31st March 2008, 17:37   #18

Gepco congratulation for your new car. Happy and safe driving
Please keep us posted when u can figure out the initial FE of your car.

-Kanchan
Old 31st March 2008, 19:26   #19
BHPian

Congrats gepco! Must be a great feeling to own a much hyped car on the day after it is launched.
Please put up the pics real quick!
Old 31st March 2008, 19:49   #20
BHPian

State of things in Chennai - my experience.
  • No dealer really committed to giving an exact delivery date if my date of booking is today/tomorrow. However, want booking money.
  • Infact, Petrol Dzire ZXI, is claimed to have highest amount of waiting period - anywhere between 4-6 weeks to more than 2 months.
  • No one is ready to give stock of exact availability or colors coming in their next lot.
  • Test Drives are still tough to get.
  • No one (except for ABT) supposedly has the entire range of colors across the various variants, i.e, given 7 colors that have been released none of them have all the colors in the showroom+yard.
  • Some of them don't even have a TD car yet in their showroom, of course - expected in a day or two.
Any waiting period beyond 2/3 weeks is a sad state of demand/supply balance. Infact, one may drive away customers with the kind of crap dealers are handing out at times.

Still, Maruti is king !

Last edited by sudhirlp : 31st March 2008 at 19:53.
Old 31st March 2008, 20:33   #21
BHPian

Hey Gepco, congratulation! put some pics and your experience about the drive and the car. Enjoy your ride.
Old 31st March 2008, 22:37   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gepco View Post
I got my soverign blue swift dzire VDI , the very first car delivered on 28th March.

I say, this is a very good car.
Congrats! Lucky you!! Look forward to your feedback.
Old 31st March 2008, 23:10   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirlp View Post
State of things in Chennai - my experience.
  • No dealer really committed to giving an exact delivery date if my date of booking is today/tomorrow. However, want booking money.
Yes, for booking amounts of 10K to 50K no exact date is being given. However if you are willing to pay the on-road money upfront, you can look at the variants and colors that they are likely to receive and get an assured delivery date {within 5-10 days}.

My dealer even 'checked on-line' and gave me the chassis number. Trust this is not some conjob!

Quote:
Infact, Petrol Dzire ZXI, is claimed to have highest amount of waiting period - anywhere between 4-6 weeks to more than 2 months.
The top end diesel Zdi AND the petrol Zxi supposedly have a waiting period of more than 2 months.

Quote:
No one is ready to give stock of exact availability or colors coming in their next lot.
Promise to pay the full amount and you will be pushed up the executive ladder, possibly to the manager, who will show you the list! I chose from that list.

Quote:
Test Drives are still tough to get.
Guess we were lucky. Just a 5 minute wait for the white Zdi. Still, no petrol to test drive; too bad.

Quote:
Some of them don't even have a TD car yet in their showroom, of course - expected in a day or two.
The 4 dealerships I saw in Chennai (walked into only 3 - one even showed his car in the second floor terrace on the morning of the launch) had cars to test drive; drove just at one place though! Look at other dealers if the ones you saw did not have a car to TD.

Quote:
Any waiting period beyond 2/3 weeks is a sad state of demand/supply balance. Infact, one may drive away customers with the kind of crap dealers are handing out at times.
Fully agree. Obviously a demand/supply gap. The dealerships I saw had hordes of people trying to get a TD/ book the car. Maruti looks like having another winner on their hands. The Swift and the SX4 have a longer waiting period; one of my fringe reasons for plumping for this one over the other two.

Quote:
Still, Maruti is king !
Looks like it, does'nt it? Three cheers for another FTD & VFM car from Maruti [obviously FTD = Fun To Drive and VFM = Value For Money]!

Old 1st April 2008, 01:31   #24
BHPian

Variation in cost difference across similar variants for diesel engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Coming to the point Petrol Vs Diesel It depends from person to person.
Chennai ex-showroom price of Maruti Swift Dzire as per Maruti website:

:: Maruti :: Swift Dzire ::

Ldi 510246.21 Lxi 420246.22
Vdi 556245.80 Vxi 468245.81
Zdi 641245.87 Zxi 561245.48

How much you pay more for a diesel engine: Ldi 90k; Vdi 88k; Zdi 80k.
Wonder why there is a variable difference in the cost eventhough all other features are the same?

Last edited by Murugan : 1st April 2008 at 01:37.
Old 1st April 2008, 13:31   #25
BHPian

Dzire Zxi waiting period in Bangalore

I accompanied a friend of mine who was booking the Dzire Zxi. The salesman at Bimal, Indiranagar was desperately pushing for the VXi. My friend was pretty sure of what he wanted - ABS, airbags, et al. But the poor guy has to wait for 6 months for his car!

The dealer is openly admitting that the manufacturers are trying to woo customers by advertising features such as ABS, airbags, climate control. In reality, they have a limited supply of kits and hence can't deliver Zxi models (be it Swift or Dzire) with a reasonable waiting period. I sometimes wonder if the Vxi models are being pushed because they have better profit margins.

Even Garuda has given him a similar waiting period for the Zxi models. Does anyone know of a dealer offering a shorter waiting period for the Zxi in Bangalore?
Old 1st April 2008, 13:42   #26
BHPian

Gepco , Congrats on your new buy and do post a detailed review as soon as you can and of course ,with the pics.
Old 1st April 2008, 14:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Does anyone know of a dealer offering a shorter waiting period for the Zxi in Bangalore?
Checkout Pratham motors on outer ring road (bellandur). They said waiting period is 6 weeks for ZDI and ZXI.
Old 1st April 2008, 15:05   #28
BHPian

Congrats Gepco. Blue is a nice color, I have also booked the same. 400 kms already :-) time to calculate the FE and let us all know the results.

@CBlazer: try kalyani motors on bannergata road. I and a friend booked 2 VDis today and the wait is 30 days.
Old 1st April 2008, 15:11   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Just slap on a for regn sticker & drive dude.
I don't think any dealer in Chennai will deliver a car without registration, especially a Maruti dealer. For those of you who remember Unipro, their license was revoked because they delivered an Omni without registration and ultimately the car was used in some terrorist attack somewhere in the north. It was traced back to Unipro.

Even if you reside outside Chennai, they will deliver after a temporary registration.
Old 1st April 2008, 16:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

I understand that but still i see many cars either with the Regd./For Regn stickers running around.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks