Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2008, 23:10   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
And I thought diesel engines had now caught on with the technology of the times and are as good, if not better than, as the petrol engines.
Well, I guess they are catching up but still the Swift diesel is definitely noisier and rattles compared to the petrol even when new. I suppose the gap widens (increases) as the vehicles become older.
Old 3rd April 2008, 09:46   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Well, I guess they are catching up but still the Swift diesel is definitely noisier and rattles compared to the petrol even when new. I suppose the gap widens (increases) as the vehicles become older.
I disagree Swift DDIS is not noisy IMO .
Old 3rd April 2008, 13:38   #48
BHPian

Has anyone been able to manage any freebies with the DZire booking ? I was told no freebies, no finance dicount and no price discount. What has your observation been?
Old 3rd April 2008, 21:41   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
Has anyone been able to manage any freebies with the DZire booking ? I was told no freebies, no finance dicount and no price discount. What has your observation been?
Have been promised mud flaps, floor mats, number plates, steering cover etc free.

The 3rd year extended warranty is also included in the on-road price. The dealer says that Maruti has instructed them to sell only with this added on. Is this an indication that Maruti is concerned about unexpected problems - pure speculation - only time will tell! Have not checked with other dealers though.
Old 4th April 2008, 10:29   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Have been promised mud flaps, floor mats, number plates, steering cover etc free.

The 3rd year extended warranty is also included in the on-road price. The dealer says that Maruti has instructed them to sell only with this added on. Is this an indication that Maruti is concerned about unexpected problems - pure speculation - only time will tell! Have not checked with other dealers though.
Good. Seems like you managed to get a good deal.
Old 4th April 2008, 12:30   #51
BHPian

Quote:

You definitely got a good deal. I have not been promised anythign like this. Also, my on road price does not include extended warranty. Dealr siad they are not offering it. Has anyone else been offered extended warranty ?
Old 6th April 2008, 07:43   #52
BHPian

Dealer tells me that my Dzire Vxi has reached his yard; however registration and delivery will not be possible on the promised date of 7th April 2008 as the RTO will be closed on that day on account of Telugu New Years Day . Can't blame the dealer I guess.
Old 6th April 2008, 08:04   #53
BANNED

You can take delivery without RTO? If 7th is someway special for you, then you can do that if insisted.
Old 6th April 2008, 08:46   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
You can take delivery without RTO? If 7th is someway special for you, then you can do that if insisted.
Thanks for your reply.

Not sure if you asked a question or quoted a rule!

Is it possible to legally drive a new car on public roads before registration? What about insurance? I guess even those offices will be closed on 7th. I would love to take delivery as early as possible; not concerned about date, day or time!
Old 6th April 2008, 09:13   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
You can take delivery without RTO?
Err!
You can take delivery without RTO!
(Sometimes, a phone can misspell a lot). :

It is illegal to do so. But, many people insist on this kind of delivery due to their own reasons. If you're not one of that kind, then it's better to wait a day and get it in it's proper way.
Frankly speaking, I thought you were worried about some auspicious time.
Old 7th April 2008, 11:34   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer tells me that my Dzire Vxi has reached his yard; however registration and delivery will not be possible on the promised date of 7th April 2008 as the RTO will be closed on that day on account of Telugu New Years Day . Can't blame the dealer I guess.
I suggest you be a little patient. Take the delivery only after all fomalities are complete. Why unnecessarily get into trouble for one day.
Old 7th April 2008, 22:28   #57
BHPian

DZire Arrived!

Turns out I have been seeing my car for the last 3 days!

On Saturday (5th April), when the executive told me that my car had arrived, I visited the dealership after work. The promised date of delivery was 7th April, 2008. There was a silky silver Dzire Vxi with all the doors locked unlike the other cars in the showroom. When I asked the executive if it was mine she replied that it was not. My curiosity aroused, because at the time of booking they told me they have only one silky silver Vxi on the way, I requested a peek inside the bonnet to look at the chassis number (they had already given me my car's chassis number). They refused saying that it was sold to another customer and hence nobody should step inside! On the other hand, on the day I had gone for a test drive, there was a black Zdi inside the glassed showroom with a big "SOLD' placard but everybody was getting in and out examining the interiors, knobs, gear etc.

All the same, every time I passed by the showroom (more than 6 times a day – it’s just a few yards from our home) I noticed that all the doors were closed.

Today a friend told me the chassis number can be seen even without opening the bonnet! He told me the number will be on a sticker (readable from the outside) on the rear-quarter glass (correct me if I have got the terminology wrong). I went to the showroom today to give the documents for RTO formalities and Voila, the sticker was there and the numbers on it tallied with the number given to me. I casually sauntered up to the executive (who is dealing with me) and in all innocence asked if my car had come from the yard and she said ''No Sir, only tomorrow, the day of registration."

I requested for the keys to the (read ‘my’) car in the showroom to look at the chassis number under the bonnet or on the bottom of the 'B' pillar (hope my terminology is correct) on opening the front driver side door (another fact my friend had educated me on!) and again the same mumbo-jumbo of 'sold to another customer.'

As if by serendipity I pointed out the number on the sticker and said "(Eureka) it, tallies.” With a sheepish grin she (the executive!) surrendered. I was tempted to say '"touché!"

Wonder why they were playing this cat and mouse game?!

Anyway, now that they knew they were dealing with an informed cookie they agreed to give me a test drive on my car tomorrow morning before I confirm to them whether this car can be registered in my name - an advice which I had picked up from this forum. Thanks guys! cheers:

Last edited by Murugan : 7th April 2008 at 22:30. Reason: Color tags removed
Old 8th April 2008, 00:53   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Wonder why they were playing this cat and mouse game?!
Is it possible that they would be willing to sell it to anyone who is ready to pay a few 1000Rs more ?!!!

And maybe when they do give him a car, they could say that there was a problem with the chassis number, etc.

Is this scenario possible ?

Last edited by sudhirlp : 8th April 2008 at 00:55.
Old 8th April 2008, 01:13   #59
Senior - BHPian

I think they were trying to hide the car from you until the time it gets registered. Once it is registered in your name, you would not raise objections for small issues and ask for a replacement.
Old 8th April 2008, 07:48   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I think they were trying to hide the car from you until the time it gets registered. Once it is registered in your name, you would not raise objections for small issues and ask for a replacement.
Well, I hope there are no 'SMALL' issues!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks