Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2008, 12:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

Excellent Review Anil, How is the city/Highway mileage now?

Abhi
Old 15th May 2008, 12:36   #32
BHPian

Anil,congrats on your Logan.Its many times good looking and well built than an Indigo.I like the car for its practicality.As you said the engine and build is time tested and it will give you a really good time.To be frank i would prefer the Logan over over Dzire provided the interiors are improved and some cheap cost cutting is avoided.Eventhough the shape is boxy it has an identity of its own which is more important.Great car.enjoy
Old 15th May 2008, 12:44   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Excellent Review Anil, How is the city/Highway mileage now?

Abhi
thanx abhi... frankly in the "excited" stage right now, getting to know more about the car & have not bothered about it as yet, but i will do try & calculate the fuel efficiency in the coming days & will post it...
Old 15th May 2008, 12:50   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebin View Post
Anil,congrats on your Logan.Its many times good looking and well built than an Indigo.I like the car for its practicality.As you said the engine and build is time tested and it will give you a really good time.To be frank i would prefer the Logan over over Dzire provided the interiors are improved and some cheap cost cutting is avoided.Eventhough the shape is boxy it has an identity of its own which is more important.Great car.enjoy
there was a dzire yesterday which had come for accessories fittings, i just managed to knock the sheet with my knuckles, its very delicate man... the dash also did not impress me much, its quite bland... but to each his own... and frankly who would wanna wait for 6-7 months to get delivery of the diesel variant? i'm starting to like the interiors, the dashboard finish has a good feel, its colour is a good shade of beige, do check it out closer if you get the chance...
Old 15th May 2008, 13:05   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice write up. Logan is a real VFM package. Like most cars, the looks grow on you after a period of time. IMO, Logan in white is the best color and with change in tyres and alloys, it will certainly stand out in the crowd.

Btw, do you own a Viva petrol or diesel? If diesel, how do you compare it with viva crdi? Also, curious to know what is the mileage in city and highway?

congrats and enjoy your drives
Old 15th May 2008, 13:17   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nice write up. Logan is a real VFM package. Like most cars, the looks grow on you after a period of time. IMO, Logan in white is the best color and with change in tyres and alloys, it will certainly stand out in the crowd.

Btw, do you own a Viva petrol or diesel? If diesel, how do you compare it with viva crdi? Also, curious to know what is the mileage in city and highway?

congrats and enjoy your drives
yup logan is a true VFM package all the way... not decided about changing the tyres as yet... i own a viva petrol... mileage of logan i have still not calculated but will do so soon...
Old 15th May 2008, 17:46   #37
jp1
BHPian

Anil
Your requirements for a car and how you went about selecting the Logan made interesting reading. I feel you made the right choice instead of listening to hype generated. It is a VFM car, no doubt. Congrats
Old 15th May 2008, 19:50   #38
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Anil. Logan is good practical car and VFM package.

How is the steering feedback straightline and in high speeds like 80KMPH?
Old 16th May 2008, 08:10   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
Anil
Your requirements for a car and how you went about selecting the Logan made interesting reading. I feel you made the right choice instead of listening to hype generated. It is a VFM car, no doubt. Congrats
Yup, never go on hype, go on your use, your requirement & you will never regret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Congrats Anil. Logan is good practical car and VFM package.

How is the steering feedback straightline and in high speeds like 80KMPH?
the steering is firm at high speeds & the car is in a straight line at high speeds, first hand experience. even though i reach max 80-85 (still under run in) it was giving me a solid, steady feel. remember european makes like skoda, fiat, germans, french, etc. all cars are known to have high speed stability. the best way to judge is to get first hand experience by driving the car, then only can you value and appreciate it.
Old 28th June 2008, 09:07   #40
BHPian

Ok guys, now i've driven the car for a while, 980kms on the odo...
1. First the FE - In all different driving conditions in the city i have got an overall average of 13.5kms with 100% a/c on. This includes occasional early morning driving (no traffic at all) & mostly heavy peak time traffic both morning & evening. Now if you drive a car in Mumbai, you will appreciate this F.E. with the spiralling fuel prices.
2. Pick-up - for a guy who has graduated from an Indigo, i find that this car has good pulling power even on inclines. I have tried to maintain rpm below 2500 by doing just one thing, making 2000rpm as my guideline, never go beyond it. Believe me even though the car has not run in fully, it has good pick-up. You know in the Indigo i had to put in too much of effort to get the output & the desired pick-up.
3. Suspension - Now this is one of the best parts, it simply dismisses bad roads with ease. with the badly maintained roads in Mumbai, its a boon driving this car. Dad & mom sitting behind feel extremely comfortable.
4. Stability - Again this is unbelievable. Very stable car at high speeds, max i have taken the car to 100 as i did not want to go beyond 2500rpm still the car was in a straight line & its the feel of the car at high speeds thats inspiring. Trust me on this, i would take overall stability anyday for a few lesser horses. I know all Fabia & Logan owners will vouch for this.
5. Engine - This powertrain is very refined & will not make you feel it has a max output of 65bhp, maybe due to the linear torque delivery. I have not yet gone on a highway trip so maybe i should leave my comments for later too.
6. ICE - I have installed HU Pioneer DEH-P5050UB, 2 JBL oval speakers behind, 2 JBL 6" speakers in the front door, 1 JBL 12" sub with box & a JBL 4-channel Amp. Total i spent 30k's on the music system itself. The sound is awesome. I have put Autofoam seat covers with black beige combo. Also i have got a cool PDA holder. Will post pics very soon, i am damn lazy to click pics .

7. Problems - No boot release... with the extra security measures, going to a 5* or a mall is a pain. Everytime switch the engine off & hand over the key & start the engine all over again. Hopefully that gets sorted during the first service, where i'll get it installed as part of FOC bundle.

More later. First service is due latest till 5th July.

Adios,
Anil
Old 29th June 2008, 09:00   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hello Anil,

Good FE; guess it will go better with subsequent services! :-)

With regard to the boot release - why don't you get them fixed from the showroom / service center?. This was done by some of the initial owners of Logan, here at T-BHP. Will save you the hassle of handing over the key to the security.
Old 29th June 2008, 10:16   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Hello Anil,

Good FE; guess it will go better with subsequent services! :-)

With regard to the boot release - why don't you get them fixed from the showroom / service center?. This was done by some of the initial owners of Logan, here at T-BHP. Will save you the hassle of handing over the key to the security.
Yup i sure do hope the FE improves over time, was told by a friend it will improve after 5k's... and about the boot release as i mentioned probably will get it fixed during the 1st service.
Old 3rd July 2008, 08:35   #43
BHPian

Latest Pics

finally clicked some more pics with the ICE & Seat covers... Went for a long drive yesterday to Malshej Ghat (will post those pics on the Travelogue Section later today). The drive was awesome & surprisingly the raods were pretty good except for the stretch between kalyan & bhiwandi. Clocked exactly 302kms from Bandra to Malshej. Even on the Ghat & Inclines with 4 large adults, the car pulled pretty well. And my parents can vouch for the rear comfort & suspension. The car was very well planted on all the twists & bends of the tricky road. Calculated FE with 60% a/c on, i got 18.5kmpl. is it ok to get this before 1st service? Also i maintained rpm below 2500 even though i managed to touch 110-115kmph. Anyways here are the car pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Reasons for settling on for a Logan 1.5dCi DLX-dsc00685.jpg  

Reasons for settling on for a Logan 1.5dCi DLX-dsc00686.jpg  

Reasons for settling on for a Logan 1.5dCi DLX-dsc00687.jpg  

Reasons for settling on for a Logan 1.5dCi DLX-dsc00688.jpg  

Reasons for settling on for a Logan 1.5dCi DLX-dsc00689.jpg  

Reasons for settling on for a Logan 1.5dCi DLX-dsc00690.jpg  

Reasons for settling on for a Logan 1.5dCi DLX-dsc00692.jpg  

Reasons for settling on for a Logan 1.5dCi DLX-dsc00693.jpg  

Reasons for settling on for a Logan 1.5dCi DLX-dsc00694.jpg  

Reasons for settling on for a Logan 1.5dCi DLX-dsc00695.jpg  

Reasons for settling on for a Logan 1.5dCi DLX-dsc00710.jpg  

Attached Images

anilkalvani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2008, 11:48   #44
BHPian

Congratulations Anil. Good vehicle . Good ICE. Yes Practicality matters more than anything else. logan is a good practical car. Diesel car FE is awesome. Howz the rear seating?? Comfortable for three people??
Old 3rd July 2008, 12:27   #45
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
Congratulations Anil. Good vehicle . Good ICE. Yes Practicality matters more than anything else. logan is a good practical car. Diesel car FE is awesome. Howz the rear seating?? Comfortable for three people??
my BIL has a Logan DLS version and hence i have travelled quite a bit in the car. Rear seat is very comfortable for 3 adults including the shoulder room. The car is very refined and spacious. Congrats Anil on your buy. Enjoy the car. Upgrade the shoes and add alloys. She will be a looker

Last edited by tez : 3rd July 2008 at 12:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks