Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010, 16:11   #76
BHPian

@WindRide

Just read your PM. you want an update so here goes. The a/c conked off and i gave it on Monday, 15th March to Ambition Auto. They picked it up from my office at 8.30am. I suspected a gas leak but it turns out the coil has to be replaced. As the car is still under warranty, so i wont have to pay for it, its covered. Now the best part is that they do not have a coil in stock. Told me to wait for 3-5 days more. I don't have the car, the whole dashboard is opened up & will be tedious for them to fit it back and then take it again when the part arrives. Already have issues with the Logan's hard clutch and am tired of the car. Want to sell it off as soon as possible. Though there is nothing wrong with the car, excellent average, good space, but you need it to be chauffeur driven. I will sell it next month after claiming depreciation.

Also, the biggest joke happened today when i get a call from Ambition Auto for a free a/c check-up camp. Caught them
Old 13th July 2010, 15:01   #77
BHPian

Serious Flaw

As has been mentioned about the wiper orientation being reverse i.e. for L.H.D. cars & Mahindra not altering it for R.H.D., i faced the first serious problem when i faced a blind spot & had to keep opening the window to see the road for taking right turns/seeing traffic on the right side.

Here are the pics:

Reasons for settling on for a Logan 1.5dCi DLX-logan1.jpg

Reasons for settling on for a Logan 1.5dCi DLX-logan-flaw.jpg

Just waiting for the Vento now.
anilkalvani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2010, 00:32   #78
BHPian

vow, I dont know how much it would have costed Mahindra to re-configure the wiper control. I think there should be a legal stipulation on wiper, Indicator configurations.
Old 17th September 2010, 17:40   #79
BHPian

As much as i would like to sell my car, the following always brings a smile to my face...

Reasons for settling on for a Logan 1.5dCi DLX-logan-fuel-efficiency.jpg

As you can see, 3 lines down out of 9. Fuel tank capacity is 50 litres, so per line is approx 5.5L, but in real time, its even lesser if you count reserve.

As per Fuel Tank method, consistent Fuel Efficiency with 100% a/c in horrible Mumbai traffic - minimum 14kmpl during summer, minimum 16kmpl during this entire monsoon season & 100% city driving.

Been thinking of selling this car since the past 4-5 months, but all this does is bring a smile to my face.
Old 20th September 2010, 06:27   #80
BHPian

Anil, but why are you calculating the average fuel consumption like this? You can also see it directly.
Old 5th July 2011, 16:23   #81
BHPian

Re: Reasons for settling on for a Logan 1.5dCi DLX

Taking my car for a long drive to Pune tomorrow. One of my CNC machines at work has broken down & i need to take a servo motor for repairs. Last week had a tyre puncture on the way to Dahisar & had just replaced it with the stepny. I went to fix it today & the sidewall is totally beyond repair. Since we are still not certain on retaining the Logan, i bought a 165/80 R14 JK for 3,000/-. Certainly not very happy with Michelin's as they aren't really designed for our roads, the sidewalls are too soft & i always get scared in the i10 too.

Other than the Tight Steering & hard clutch, no regrets on this car. Get 14 kmpl consistently within the city. And 20 kmpl and above on the highway.

P.S.
And the wife has invited herself. Wants me to take her for lunch in Lonavala in return for her company.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 5th July 2011 at 16:36.
Old 30th October 2011, 10:07   #82
BHPian

Took her for two trips this month. Lavasa during Dussera & Mahabaleshwar during Diwali. Both places were the first time that i visited them. Yes guys, after 36 years, i visited Mahabaleshwar for the first time & it was awesome. What was more awesome is how the Logan is treating me. Consistently above 20kmpl.

This is what i got from around 640km driving to fro & within Mahabaleshwar + 80 odd kms post the trip in City.

Reasons for settling on for a Logan 1.5dCi DLX-trip-meter.jpg

Reasons for settling on for a Logan 1.5dCi DLX-litres-remaining.jpg

Lavasa
Reasons for settling on for a Logan 1.5dCi DLX-lavasa.jpg

Mahabaleshwar
Reasons for settling on for a Logan 1.5dCi DLX-mahabaleshwar.jpg
Old 16th January 2012, 14:20   #83
BHPian

So yesterday on my way back from work, my battery died down. I stopped at Khar to run some errands & when i tried to start the car again, the battery failed. Tried to get a mechanic from the battery shops but being a Sunday, everyone was shut. Called Exide Batmobile at 5.15pm & they turned up at 7.30pm after many flip flops. Jump-started & managed to get the car home. The guy was saying that a new battery costs 9k & i was like

Is there another alternative like Amaron/SF which will be cheaper as i don't know how long i'm going to keep the car anyways. Any idea guys?
Old 25th July 2013, 10:42   #84
BHPian

And so the Logan saga is over. Finally sold it at 52k odd kms. Have shortlisted the Ford EcoSport 1.5 TCDi & the Honda Amaze 1.5 i-Dtec. Will pick up whichever car i get the earliest, irrespective of variant. And yes, White as usual.

Mods please close this thread.

Most Viewed