Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2008, 10:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Very good choice, you will surely enjoy the car.

also get a gear lock installed for more safety.

Congratulations..........
Old 21st May 2008, 10:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Crosscap. A scarlet red CS would look hot!
Old 21st May 2008, 14:24   #18
BHPian

Pics. I

Thank you everybody for all your good wishes. I am really overwhelmed.

I am uploading few pics. These were taken by my friends yesterday. Due to lack of space he could not take pics from the front. I shall take more pics. and upload later.

I will reply to the queries raised by fellow bhpians one by one in the following posts.

I got my Indigo CS GLS-sl702690.jpg

I got my Indigo CS GLS-sl702692.jpg

I got my Indigo CS GLS-sl702693.jpg

I got my Indigo CS GLS-sl702697.jpg

I got my Indigo CS GLS-sl702698.jpg

I got my Indigo CS GLS-sl702702.jpg

I got my Indigo CS GLS-sl702703.jpg

I got my Indigo CS GLS-sl702705.jpg

I got my Indigo CS GLS-sl702707.jpg

I got my Indigo CS GLS-sl702710.jpg
Old 21st May 2008, 14:30   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
well, anyway its done , buttt..
components would have been better, and you can fit 5.25 inchers in the door, something like the GTc 542 perhaps
Yes, greenhorn, I didn't know that. The front speakers had been installed in the front panel near the windscreen.

Quote:
I think the rear has a stock provision for 5.25" speakers as well. where were the 6x9's installed? Did you have to make separate holes for them? Well since you put 4 inchers in front , i guess you need 6x9's for some bass. Do post some pics of the speakers in the rear
I was too naive about ICE. I should have asked in the forum before installing it. The rear panel had to be cut a little bit to fit in those triaxial speakers. Sound quality of the blaupunkt system is marvelous. I played my ipod on it on my way back yesterday. It was mind-blowing.

Quote:
I don't know about allahabad weather, but do get it done before the rains start . even if you want to sell it off soon, it will help you get better resale

And of course , Congrats
You are right. Actually Allahabad remains dry upto 2nd week of July. Then it becomes very humid. I will rather go for it since it will help me getting a good resale value.
Old 21st May 2008, 14:35   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car Crosscap. Your little red riding hood looks good. happy safe motoring.

Regards,
Sajan.
Old 21st May 2008, 14:37   #21
tez
BHPian

congrats crosscap, the car looks good in red. Is it the petrol version or the DICOR version. Please let us know your ownership review of the car including the mileage.
Old 21st May 2008, 14:39   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Congrats on the buy, Crosscap! :-)

Would be interesting to know why your vehicle had to be driven down.
Well, this is something complicated. According to the dealer, they can place order to Tata when they get orders of 5 similar vehicles. When I placed the order they didn't get that many number of orders. However, when I start pressing them for the vehicle they put my order through their Lucknow where they were meeting that criteria if they include my order. So effectively my vehicle's order was placed from Lucknow. So the car was delivered at Lucknow. Then it was driven by their driver. So you will find that my odometer already reads 249 kms. when I received it. I accepted it due to the second reason.

The second reason in delay for the delivery is this : this is probably only true in UP and the reason is political. Some relatives of some ministers pressurize the dealer to give them a new vehicle which was booked by some ordinary person like me. For example, there was one buyer from Allahabad who was supposed to get his delivery along with me, same clor, same model. However, according to the dealer, his car was picked up by some son of an influential minister in UP. I don't know how much truth is there in that story but my colleagues here said that such things are quite common here. So I decided to get the delivery yesterday itdelf, though the registration was not complete.

And yes, photos please! ;-)[/quote]

Today I came to my office on my car. I would like to share few points about this car with my fellow bhpians :

1. The engine is quite powerful for city driving and responsive too.
2. The higher position of the gas pedal will take some time to get adjusted to. I learnt driving in a wagnor, so subconsciously my right leg looks for the gas pedal at some position closer to the floor.
3. The gap between the body and the tyres sometime looks bigger than the usual cars. Can I upgrade my tyres to some higher radius? I don't know. I have to ask the gurus here. The alloy wheel from Tata will cost around 22K. I will go for it later.
4. The color is a head-turner. Everybody likes it except few senior colleagues .

That's all for now. More later....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
congrats crosscap, the car looks good in red. Is it the petrol version or the DICOR version. Please let us know your ownership review of the car including the mileage.
Hi tez, thank you for the compliments. This is the petrol version. G in GLS stands for petrol and S is higher up in trim(E is the lower one).

Sure, I will post more reviews and mileage.

Last edited by Zappo : 31st May 2008 at 16:40. Reason: Contiguous posts merged
Old 21st May 2008, 14:56   #23
Team-BHP Support

congrats. I hope you have a splendid time with you car.

But you mentioned
>The car is standing in front of house with the cover put on.

The cover needs to be very very clean else it will leave a couple of scratches on the car. I hope its one of those parachute material types and not a canvas one.
Old 21st May 2008, 17:09   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
congrats. I hope you have a splendid time with you car.

But you mentioned
>The car is standing in front of house with the cover put on.

The cover needs to be very very clean else it will leave a couple of scratches on the car. I hope its one of those parachute material types and not a canvas one.
Hi bblost, thank you for this piece of info. When I woke up today in the morning, I saw tha the cover is not there on the car. I thought that it was stolen. However, it was lying on the ground in front of the car. Last night there was a thunderstorm which blew the cover away. I put it once again on the car without cleaning. I will check whether it has left any mark on the body.

The car cover is made of parachute material, not canvas type.

Last edited by crosscap : 21st May 2008 at 17:20.
Old 21st May 2008, 17:34   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkhalsa View Post
congrats on your Purchase!

I have senn many Indigo CS in my Town but all were white and look good in white .

Waiting for your pics to see it in RED

Best Wishes!
Red CS looks much better than White, IMO. It's kind of cute to see its stubby tail

Congrats Crosscap, nice choice and the color also looks hot on this car.
Old 22nd May 2008, 01:09   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscap View Post
This is for luvjascha : yes, the glasses are tinted. The dealer confirmed it
Are they really? Doesn't seem like it, from the pictures posted.

Hey, try posting some pictures of the interiors too. What make of tires?
Old 22nd May 2008, 01:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats buddy!
Good car, but personally don't like the boot....makes the car look disproportionate.
Enjoy and drive safe.
Old 22nd May 2008, 02:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

from the pics , the tyres are Goodyear.
Old 22nd May 2008, 11:19   #29
BHPian

Quote:
from the pics , the tyres are Goodyear.
Due to severe power cut, I could not reply. Yes, greenhorn you are right about the make of the tyres. Thanks for replying luvjascha's question.

Luvjascha, I just quoted what the sales manager told me. I also think that the glasses are not tinted. Have you TD'ed any vehicle in your region?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Red CS looks much better than White, IMO. It's kind of cute to see its stubby tail

Congrats Crosscap, nice choice and the color also looks hot on this car.
Thank you mobike008 for your compliments. I like the white color too. I have driven a white car before. So I thought it's time to go for the red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Congratulations Crosscap. A scarlet red CS would look hot!
Thank you shuvd for your compliments. I am enjoying the attention.

Last edited by Zappo : 31st May 2008 at 16:42. Reason: Contiguous posts merged
Old 22nd May 2008, 11:29   #30
Senior - BHPian

crosscap, you have one stunning beautiful mini sedan. Enjoy your car. I am always a fan of Tata cars, specially diesel one. I just sold my Indica after driving it for 98k KM with no issues at all.

Congratulations once again. Drive safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks