Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2009, 10:41   #226
BHPian

If u like i can do those small trips when u leave the country, i won't even charge you anything.
where do you live in delhi btw, for some reason i seem t recall that number somewhere. Cheers
Old 5th February 2009, 11:06   #227
BHPian

Abhinav, you get a fantastic FE for the vRS. I get 9-10 in the city driving conditions of Hyderabad and had got close to 13 on a long drive from Hyderabad to Mumbai a year back.

I've a Silver vRS whose warranty is going to expire this April. I have plans to change the color to the Yellow (Original Skoda) on my agenda. Its a sweet color. Unfortunately, it was not available at the time I was buying. I am also thinking of some mods especially after test driving a petefied vRS.

Does anyone know how much would it cost me to get the various mods done like remap, filters, intakes, exhausts, short shifts etc?
Old 5th February 2009, 12:57   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
If u like i can do those small trips when u leave the country, i won't even charge you anything.
where do you live in delhi btw, for some reason i seem t recall that number somewhere. Cheers
I live in Shakti Nagar. Lets see about the country leaving part. By the way the list is way too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Abhinav, you get a fantastic FE for the vRS. I get 9-10 in the city driving conditions of Hyderabad and had got close to 13 on a long drive from Hyderabad to Mumbai a year back.

I've a Silver vRS whose warranty is going to expire this April. I have plans to change the color to the Yellow (Original Skoda) on my agenda. Its a sweet color. Unfortunately, it was not available at the time I was buying. I am also thinking of some mods especially after test driving a petefied vRS.

Does anyone know how much would it cost me to get the various mods done like remap, filters, intakes, exhausts, short shifts etc?
A Stage 1 remap should cost you about 30k.
Filters , Intakes , Exhausts should set you back by another 30k ( good ones)
Old 5th February 2009, 13:40   #229
BHPian

Thanks for the information, Abhinav. How about the stage 2 remap?

Guys, do you suggest any other mods on vRS?
Old 6th February 2009, 10:44   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the information, Abhinav. How about the stage 2 remap?

Guys, do you suggest any other mods on vRS?
Custom Code Phase 2 Remap
Forge Diverter Valve
Forge Turbo Intake Pipe
Carbonio CAI
Evo Tuning heat shield
VAG to and bottom braces
Taron Brake Pads

This should help you better
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...a-1-8-tpi.html
Old 15th February 2009, 11:16   #231
Senior - BHPian

Got Llumar Tints all around

On the 4 side glasses - Llumar Black 5
ON the Back Glass - Llumar Black 20
On the front - Llumar Grey 70.

Pics to be up by tomorrow
Old 16th February 2009, 11:19   #232
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, I have planning to get a used vRS and already collected lot of info regarding what would be going into it. vRS we have comes with a K03 turbocharger which is best suited for stage 1 remap. Going anything beyond that like a stage 2 remap and other changes deffinately would heat up the turbo in a long run. These turbo were designed originally for regular road use and to deliver better mileage purpose. This is one info I have gathered going to through various sites and forums.
Here's one detail interesting article I found. Here's what it says.

The turbocharger used on the 1.8T VW's is the Borg-Warner KKK03. The K03 turbo is a smaller turbo, capable of spooling up much quicker than other traditional turbos. Stock, the engine/turbo combination produces 150hp, with 150ft/lbs of torque that kick in at about 1750 rpms; all at a safe 7psi. The beauty of the engine is that torque stays on all the way through the rpm range, so full torque is available through almost all of the rpm range. This makes the car a joy to drive, with smooth consisitent power always available.

Now add chip tuning to the equation. For about 500 dollars, chip tuners modify your ecu to perform at different levels. In the past, this meant a few percent gain in hp. Boost management is handled by the ECU, so chip tuners are able to generate massive amounts of power by modifying the stock programming. On the stock program, the turbo generates about 5-7 psi. For example, with the GIAC 1.1 bar chip, your car will now make about 15-16 psi of boost pressure. Under loaded conditions, the GIAC can spike at up to 20 psi. What does this all mean? Increasing your power by about 33% with just the chip makes large amounts of HP and torque available immediately. HP is up by about 47 over stock, and torque is increased by up to an amazing 90 ft/lbs!!!! For most drivers is simply the easiest, most effective power upgrade available.

All this power does have it's tradeoffs. The K03 turbo was designed to run reliably at certain boost and temperature levels. By chipping, you are increasing the boost and temperature levels, which may decrease the life of the turbo. By using a simple bolt-on upgrade, such as a KKK04 (K04) turbo, power levels increase to around 230-240 hp, while the temperatures stay about the same. Stay away from full throttle, and temps will be even lower. Of course these levels can only be attained be updating the ecu programming, a feature only available to users of the baseline GIAC chip. For a small fee, you can get the K04 program on a chip, and pop it into the special board that was put on when you got the first GIAC chip. Most K04 kits with GIAC chip and all the extras (like gaskets and new thermostat) are available for under $2,000.

So that's still not enough power, huh? Even more options are available, but you better upgrade some other items before getting up to the next level of power. It would be advisable to get the following before going above 250 hp:
Limited Slip Differential (Peloquin or Quaife)
Upgraded Suspension
Larger Brakes or better pads
Larger/wider tires
Bailey DV
FMIC (Front Mounted Intercooler) or other cooling options
Although these modifications are not required, they are recommended so you can control the new amounts of power your 1.8T engine will put to the ground. Some people even do these mods at the 200 hp level. So what are all these things? We'll add links later so you can click them and get all the tech information.

Garrett turbocharger kits - to be added soon
K16 upgrade info - to be added soon
RS2 turbocharger information - to be added soon
Stage I - Usually chip, exhaust, filter - good for about 200 hp, 240 ft/lbs of torque

Stage II - Add a new K04 turbocharger, good for about 240 hp, 2xx ft/lbs of torque

Stage III - Custom turbo kits, capable of producing near or greater than 300 hp.

Turbo Information for the VW GTI 1.8T Turbo Engine - swankmonkey.com

Here's one info from one of the forum where the manufacturer speaks about the limit of K03 turbo:
Intersting info on K03/K04 Turbo's - SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum

You will find tons of info on K03 and K04 turbo.

Coming to conclusion the best bet would be to go in for stage 1 remap. After which better to go with turbo upgrade like K04 or big turbo upgrade. I already made a list of what I need to get 280hp with 300+lb-ft torque. All I need is to get the car

Cheers!

Last edited by Invinsible : 16th February 2009 at 11:21.
Old 16th February 2009, 13:18   #233
BHPian

and best of luck for that invisible. Great piece of info there.
Now comes the toughest part. Getting an abuse free well maintained car with low mileage.

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th February 2009 at 16:53. Reason: Removed Quoted Text, Please avoiding quoting an entire long post especially when its on same page, thanks
Old 16th February 2009, 13:34   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
and best of luck for that invisible. Great piece of info there.
Now comes the toughest part. Getting an abuse free well maintained car with low mileage.
Exactly, I guess doing modifcations is easier than finding a car that's in great shape. I did find one its 2008 vRS 12000 on odo, but the asking is quite high about 10L, is owned by a parsi, not sure if its worth it.
Old 16th February 2009, 13:38   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Exactly, I guess doing modifcations is easier than finding a car that's in great shape. I did find one its 2008 vRS 12000 on odo, but the asking is quite high about 10L, is owned by a parsi, not sure if its worth it.
For a year old vRS with 12000 on Odo and a simple 20% depreciation, I guess vRS would cost around 10.5 or so.

So, from my perspective, it is a good deal.
Old 16th February 2009, 14:42   #236
BHPian

i'd say its a damn good deal if you can shell out 10L. You wont find such a low mileage vRS easily again. Use it in stock form for about an year and once you've money again then spend on modifications and appreciate the performance gains. Also for atleast 30-40K u wont have any major problems with the car apart from regular servicing cost. So you save there as well. If you've 10L dont miss it...
Old 16th February 2009, 15:22   #237
BHPian

Quote:
For a year old vRS with 12000 on Odo and a simple 20% depreciation, I guess vRS would cost around 10.5 or so.

So, from my perspective, it is a good deal.

From what I know ( and I could be mistaken ) the last of the vRS's came end of 06 or beginning of 07 , there was no 08 manufactured vRS..
Old 16th February 2009, 15:28   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchimni View Post
From what I know ( and I could be mistaken ) the last of the vRS's came end of 06 or beginning of 07 , there was no 08 manufactured vRS..
The year of manufacture and the year of purchase may differ. I am quite aware of the fact that the last of the vRS were manufactured in 07, however there are instances of people buying such vehicles in 08.

I would still say that its a good buy at 10L.
Old 16th February 2009, 16:16   #239
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys thanks for the vital info on the retail value, just got in touch with the owner of the RS, checked with him regarding the service history and issurance policy no. just to be assured the car has not faced any disaster. Told him will give my offer after getting out the details.

I also saw another RS here on Team-bhp marketplace for sale by turbocharged v12. Any idea how good the deal is?
Old 17th February 2009, 07:57   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Hey guys thanks for the vital info on the retail value, just got in touch with the owner of the RS, checked with him regarding the service history and issurance policy no. just to be assured the car has not faced any disaster. Told him will give my offer after getting out the details.

I also saw another RS here on Team-bhp marketplace for sale by turbocharged v12. Any idea how good the deal is?
I had asked Turbochargedv12 about its availability and he did respond that she's available and price negotiable. Given the fact that the ad is a year old, you may want to get the facts updated before negotiating. I would say around 6 - 6.5 should be good price for her. She might have done about 40K on Odo according to my calculations.

IMO, Yellow is the sweetest color in vRS followed by Red, Silver, Black.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks