Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2008, 11:43   #46
Senior - BHPian

Hi TeddyBear,

> What is Sedimenter or What is DIY?

Though 'and' should be more appropriate (and correct), I assume you would want to know the answer for both.

The 'sedimenter' is actually a fuel filter which has a mechanism / receptacle to trap the mositure / water in the fuel. When the water / moisture reaches a significant level it does light up a warning light in the instrument panel.

DIY is Do It Yourself!
Old 11th October 2008, 12:16   #47
Senior - BHPian

the sedimenter is present only on the DiCOR's right ?
Old 11th October 2008, 12:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

hi greenhorn,

> the sedimenter is present only on the DiCOR's right ?

I guess so! There was one in my Viva CRDi!
Old 28th October 2008, 12:48   #49
BHPian

OT: Modded/Pete'd Indigo anyone?

Sorry if I'm off topic, and my apologies for hijacking the thread.
Would you know of anyone who's modded a diesel Indigo? A friend has an 18 month old machine and wants more oomph out of her, so Pete was the obvious route that suggested itself: any info would be appreciated. A search yielded zilch.
Old 28th October 2008, 13:04   #50
Senior - BHPian

not much performance mods available . what sort of engine does it have ?Dicor/TDI/TD

Pete wont touch it. the best you can do is an K&N . even the effectiveness of that is suspect.
Old 28th October 2008, 13:28   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Sorry if I'm off topic, and my apologies for hijacking the thread.
Would you know of anyone who's modded a diesel Indigo? A friend has an 18 month old machine and wants more oomph out of her, so Pete was the obvious route that suggested itself: any info would be appreciated. A search yielded zilch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
not much performance mods available . what sort of engine does it have ?Dicor/TDI/TD

Pete wont touch it. the best you can do is an K&N . even the effectiveness of that is suspect.

There are others who does this and can be bought online. This info was posted at TBHP recently.
Old 28th October 2008, 14:02   #52
BHPian

Quote:

greenhorn: ok. Thanks, sir. TDI AFAIK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
There are others who does this and can be bought online. This info was posted at TBHP recently.
jkdas: Thanks for the the tip, Sir- I'll pass it on. Pity that Pete looks down his nose at our desi Brands (if he does).
Old 28th October 2008, 14:04   #53
Senior - BHPian

pete does not discriminate based on brands. its just that he feels this engine in particular is not worth it. I think he would be more than happy to work his magic on a quadrajet indica vista

from what I've been told , the gearbox is the indica's limitation, and even though the engines are more capable, the gearbox will limit the delivery. and that's the reason why the Dicor doesnt have a big increase in power. even i know that there is somebody out there on mouthshut claiming that a dragon digital tuning box did wonders to his indica dicor. But we've not had any reports here about those.
there have been tuned NA diesels as well, but nothing on the TDI engines

Last edited by greenhorn : 28th October 2008 at 14:07.
Old 28th October 2008, 20:51   #54
BHPian

Quote:
pete does not discriminate based on brands. its just that he feels this engine in particular is not worth it. I think he would be more than happy to work his magic on a quadrajet indica vista

from what I've been told , the gearbox is the indica's limitation, and even though the engines are more capable, the gearbox will limit the delivery. and that's the reason why the Dicor doesnt have a big increase in power. even i know that there is somebody out there on mouthshut claiming that a dragon digital tuning box did wonders to his indica dicor. But we've not had any reports here about those.
there have been tuned NA diesels as well, but nothing on the TDI engines

pete does not discriminate based on brands: that was in jest

never heard before of the gearbox being below par, but you live and learn as they say. Thanks- I'll give my friend the gloomy predictions.
Old 5th December 2008, 20:20   #55
BHPian

Chandru, Where are you? Any updates on running of your XL?
Old 6th December 2008, 14:49   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Chandru, Where are you? Any updates on running of your XL?
Bouncer, she has just been doing the daily city runs home - school - office - home runs around 70 to 80 kms a day. No serious highway drives yet. With the temperatures dropping down, A/C usage is reduced and she is turning in a mileage of around 10 - 11 kpl.
Here are some recent developments
1. Pre-Diwali showers in chennai had the flood waters seeping into the car a bit when a moron State Bus driver overtook me on a flooded road.
2. Around the same time one of her fog lamps stopped working - yet to get it fixed
3. There seems to be someting wrong with her suspension - from earlier this week there is a metallic clang when she is driven into a deeper pothole something that is abundant on chennai's roads today.
4. Her clutch has become hard - Concorde motors has promised a free overhaul and replacement of entire clutch assembly if needed. She will be going in for that on 10 Dec.
5. Recent rains have also resulted in a loss of belt friction and Concorde has assured a free replacement of entire Belt kit.

Will update again after I get the problems fixed next week.

How is your car doing?
Old 6th December 2008, 20:02   #57
BHPian

Driving conditions in each city are different, but still, I feel 10-11 kmpl is definately on a lower side, that too with reduced AC use. And better take care of those problems with suspension and fog lamp.

You mention clutch turning hard on a new car. This and FE you are getting; has it got to do anything with your driver's driving style/manners? Like using half clutch etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaganathan View Post
How is your car doing?
Fine overall. I have posted in my thread with 10,000 kms update. I guess you have seen it.
Old 14th December 2008, 12:21   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Driving conditions in each city are different, but still, I feel 10-11 kmpl is definately on a lower side, that too with reduced AC use. And better take care of those problems with suspension and fog lamp.

You mention clutch turning hard on a new car. This and FE you are getting; has it got to do anything with your driver's driving style/manners? Like using half clutch etc?

Fine overall. I have posted in my thread with 10,000 kms update. I guess you have seen it.
Thanks. I am sure his driving style has got to do with the low FE but even if I discount for that she is still giving me at least 2kpl lesser.

Got her back from the service yesterday. A whole lot of clutch components have been replaced. Will post details later. Couple of belts were also replaced. Fog lamp problem was due to a disconnected harness - harness was replaced FOC as the terminal end was found to be loose. The suspension noise was due to a bent tie rod thanks to my driver and Chennai Roads. Got it replaced and the wheel alignment redone. Except the tie rod and wheel alignment, everything else was on the house. Overall the cost Rs.758.00
I was amazed how soft the Clutch has become now. Pickup also appears to have improved. Another longstanding issue of idling speed also has been addressed by Concorde.
I will have to monitor now for FE. Planning to drive her to BLR and Wayanad during Christmas weekend.
Old 8th January 2009, 15:32   #59
BHPian

Update after first real highway run

She did her first real highway run during christmas holidays. She showed her real self on this run only. Here is a summary:

Trip route: Chennai -> Bangy (via Hosur) -> Mysore -> Gundlupet -> Kalpetta (Wayanad); Reverse for return.
Duration: 6 days
Total distance covered: 1730 kms
FE: Chennai - Hosur sector - 20.25 kpl (100% AC)
Hosur - Kalpetta sector - 17.5 kpl (90% AC includes Bangy city traffic, climb from Gundlupet to Kalpetta)
Wayanad Local - 16 kpl (50% AC)

Since my driver was on leave I drove her for 5 days in Chennai traffic too - got an impressive 13.25 kpl with 100%AC. So as many of you said the real cause for the poor FE in the past should have been my driver's style of driving only
Old 13th January 2009, 21:01   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaganathan View Post
FE: Chennai - Hosur sector - 20.25 kpl (100% AC)
That's the FE to be expected from Dicor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks