Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2008, 18:35   #1
BHPian

New Indigo XL Classic DICOR delivered. EDIT : 12 month update on pg. 5

At last I have taken delivery of the Indigo XL DICOR Classic. A real beauty with a shining Royal Burgundy coat. Yet to get the ICE done. Not planning to change the stock tyres and rims at least for sometime.
Dealer did a neat job - took me through the entire checking process. All was well except a minor issue with the rubber beading around the rear windows on both sides which were not properly finished - Well not a surprise as she has come from the TATA stable. Have been assured that they will replace it as soon as I can send the her over for half a day.
Her Majesty's first pic is attached. More to come soon.
Attached Thumbnails
New Indigo XL Classic DICOR delivered. EDIT : 12 month update on pg. 5-image006.jpg  

Old 31st July 2008, 21:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!

Hope the respective parts are replaced.

This color also suits the car, IMO.
Waiting for more pics!
Old 31st July 2008, 21:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

She's a real beauty! any more pics
Old 31st July 2008, 21:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the New car.
I have seen couple of XL with in-seat video in it. Is it default in this? The reason I am asking is, you have mentioned the ICE is not done. So, does it mean the higher version probably has?
Old 31st July 2008, 21:41   #5
BHPian

Wow! Congrats on your new buy! The color is awesome.

Btw: A quick question: The stock tyres on an Indica and Indigo the same or different? Just curious.
Old 31st July 2008, 21:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Indica Xeta/Diesels upto DLS 165/65 R13
Indica DLG&DLX, Indigo CS GLE/LE 165/65 R14
Indigo CS LX/GLX regular indigo/marina/XL 175/65 R14
Old 31st July 2008, 23:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Congrats on the New car.
I have seen couple of XL with in-seat video in it. Is it default in this? The reason I am asking is, you have mentioned the ICE is not done. So, does it mean the higher version probably has?
Only the Grand has the standard ICE with DVD. Love to see interior images.
Old 1st August 2008, 11:55   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Only the Grand has the standard ICE with DVD. Love to see interior images.
Yes the classic does not come with factory fitted ICE. I am getting it done over the weekend. Plan to retain the protective cloth covers for the seats that came with the vehicle till that is done. Will have more pics for you once the ICE is in place.

BTW, I realized
- I will have to fix sunfilm. I had earlier decided not to. But glasses seem to be untinted. With Chennai heat I am afraid I will over load AC comp if I don't have sun film.
- I thought that a Headlight upgrade maybe needed (all my past cars ran on 90/100 Philips upgrade). But stock lights seem to be really good - will reconsider only after a highway run.
Old 6th August 2008, 10:54   #9
BHPian

Here is the latest on her:

Got her ICE'd - Kenwood 5039 HU + JBL Speakers - 5.1/2 for the rear and 4.1/2 in the dashboard. Decided not to modify the rear parcel shelf to fit 6x9 ovals or 6'' round from JBL. Sounds good - cost 12.5k.

Good to drive as well as being driven around. But got her a nice little bump on the rear fender last saturday. A maniac in a modified Swift cut across my lane force me to brake hard (I was doing only around 30 kmph). An Auto which was probably tailgating could not stop in time and gave my car a nice spank - there are a few scratches and in the impact, the fender has got off one of its mountings. It didn't rattle me much - but my wife and the driver are pretty upset that I got the car bashed up. In fact this is the first car that my wife has fallen in love with!!!

I am also getting a nice full length vinyl floor mattress for the car this weekend. Will post photos of that and the ICE after that.
Old 6th August 2008, 12:03   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaganathan View Post
- I will have to fix sunfilm. I had earlier decided not to. But glasses seem to be untinted. With Chennai heat I am afraid I will over load AC comp if I don't have sun film.
- I thought that a Headlight upgrade maybe needed (all my past cars ran on 90/100 Philips upgrade). But stock lights seem to be really good - will reconsider only after a highway run.
Congratulations!

1. All Tata cars come with tinted glass. However, the Chennai sun is a different animal. Suggest a 35 grade of sunfilm.

2. The stock lights are really good. You need to ensure your headlamp alignment is accurate and your windshield is clean. I have never found the stock headlamps to be inadequate on my Indica for any highway driving.
Old 6th August 2008, 13:40   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats.

Just get light tints for front and darker one's for rear. It will look great.

And you should be thinking of getting sunfilm for front windscreen too.
Old 6th August 2008, 14:16   #12
BHPian

Congratulations I just love the rear seats.
Old 6th August 2008, 17:08   #13
BHPian

Congratulations on your new buy. You may consider rubberised painting if you are near seashore
Old 7th August 2008, 20:27   #14
BHPian

Excellent value for money this car sure is!
Old 8th August 2008, 12:53   #15
BHPian

New Indigo XL Classic DICOR delivered - First 500 Kms done

Thanks for all those wishes. She is sure a VFM car - good to drive around and better if you have a chaffeur. Being a TATA car there are sure some quality glitches - irregular panel gaps, squeaking horn switch, ill-fitted rear window beadings. But overall it is a very comfortable car that everyone in the family enjoys riding.

The first tank full has returned me a FE of around 9.5 - AC always on 100% city traffic. I have not taken her out on any long drive - so haven't used the 5th gear yet. Max speed rached so far is 55 kmph only. Maybe that is why she drank so much of fuel.

Pending dress up
- Seat Covers - I don't want her beige fabric skin to be dirtied by my 4 year old
- Floor mats - the FOC mat is no good.
- Sun film - the tint in her glasses are not enough for Chennai Sun.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks