Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2011, 18:36   #76
BHPian

Re: New Indigo XL Classic DICOR delivered. EDIT : 12 month update on pg. 5

Hmmm..makes sense to sell off a car that doesnt give any peace of mind.
so..what plans next??
Old 9th June 2011, 20:31   #77
Senior - BHPian

@cnaganathan,

Good that you finally bid adieu to the faithful but failing ride. Its time to start afresh and look for something more sturdy and long lasting car. Would you again prefer a sedan or opt for an hatchback. Please keep us posted on your decision or have you already made one?
Old 9th June 2011, 20:42   #78
BHPian

The problems mentioned by the thread owner were experienced by self and father who had the car for 3 yrs or so. But the ride is phenomenal especially in the rear seat. I most hated to make U turns in it.
Old 10th June 2011, 16:34   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
Hmmm..makes sense to sell off a car that doesnt give any peace of mind.
so..what plans next??
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

Good that you finally bid adieu to the faithful but failing ride. Its time to start afresh and look for something more sturdy and long lasting car. Would you again prefer a sedan or opt for an hatchback. Please keep us posted on your decision or have you already made one?
@Shantyrocks, @Ghodlur
Well it was a difficult decision indeed to sell her off because I did all my long drives after she came. And not only I, the family too enjoyed every ride. It took a lot of debate before convincing everyone in the family that it was time to see her off.
Plans have already been made - I have decided to upgrade since I could not find the right sedan for my liking. The queen will be replaced by the White stallion - Scorpio SLE White which I have booked a week ago and may get any time after the 17th subject to vehicle availability and Loan processing by my employer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
The problems mentioned by the thread owner were experienced by self and father who had the car for 3 yrs or so. But the ride is phenomenal especially in the rear seat. I most hated to make U turns in it.
@SX4Lover, I had the fortune of riding the rear seat only on those few days that I allowed my driver to handle it when my other car was not available. And these were mostly city rides. My wife and my mom agreed to all the long drives only because of the rear seat comfort. In fact my wife once travelled in a neighbor's C Class Merc and came home saying that she didn't find it better in terms of rear seat comfort!
Yes U turns were the worst experience. Trying to make a U turn inside small roads was even worse - you had to do a tight 3 point where most other sedans would do a simple U
Old 11th June 2011, 15:25   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaganathan View Post

@SX4Lover, I had the fortune of riding the rear seat only on those few days that I allowed my driver to handle it when my other car was not available. And these were mostly city rides. My wife and my mom agreed to all the long drives only because of the rear seat comfort. In fact my wife once travelled in a neighbor's C Class Merc and came home saying that she didn't find it better in terms of rear seat comfort!
Yes U turns were the worst experience. Trying to make a U turn inside small roads was even worse - you had to do a tight 3 point where most other sedans would do a simple U
Correct on both counts. The car does have its good and bads. Hope tata learns from their mistakes with such a great car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks