Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2009, 13:41   #361
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
My a-star is giving a rattle sound just a few weeks after delivery. I complained during 1st service, but they dint bother to correct it. (Indus motors chennai). It comes just near the driver side mirror.

Any of the A-star owners have similar rattle noises?

Noise only is audible when we change gears or accelerate fast. It kind like squeaks.
Don't worry...Just learn to live with Maruti.
Old 12th March 2009, 16:40   #362
sps
BHPian

Can any of the A star owners post a long drive experience on this vehicle. Say a distance more than 400 kms or so?
Old 17th March 2009, 16:04   #363
BANNED

A-Star gives 39 KMPL in mileage test?

Ref: Maruti A-star breaks own record with 39.48 km/litre in Mumbai*-*WheelsUnplugged Automobile Industry News

India’s most fuel efficient car, the Maruti Suzuki A-star proved its supremacy once again by achieving a spectacular top mileage of 39.48 kilometers per litre (kmpl) in a fuel efficiency rally in Mumbai, on 15th March, 2009. In a similar mileage rally at Chennai, the winning contestant achieved 37.6 kmpl mileage in his A-star.
Earlier, in a fuel efficiency test conducted by ARAI, country’s premier automotive research agency, A-star delivered a record mileage of 19.6 kilometers per litre of petrol. This is the best in class ARAI certified fuel efficiency, among cars in India.
In the A-star mileage rally in Mumbai, the top 25 participants achieved an average mileage of over 26.72 kmpl while in Chennai this figure was as high as 32.5 kmpl.In both these cities, the average mileage achieved by all participants was over 29 kmpl. The cars were driven on a predetermined route of approx 60 Km by the participants on Sunday. There were 51 participants in Mumbai and 45 in Chennai. Before the start of the event, they were given fuel saving tips to get maximum mileage. Most participants felt that their A-star cars give excellent mileage and drivability and attributed the same to its lightweight power plant and excellent design."
Old 17th March 2009, 16:10   #364
BANNED

One of my friends is sold by this news - he is planning to sign the cheque this weekend. He called me - I told him if this is true then his Honda Dio would give 150Km/l.
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

Last edited by diabloo : 17th March 2009 at 16:12.
Old 17th March 2009, 16:21   #365
Senior - BHPian

Whats so surprising didnt they claim 31.xx kmpl from a Ford Fiesta

AUTOCAR SETS MILEAGE RECORDS ON FORD FIESTA; ENTERS THE LIMCA BOOK OF RECORDS | Ford Motor Company Newsroom

@Diabloo : while the 3x kmpl is true under certain conditions a Dio would never give 150 kmpl

Last edited by Technocrat : 17th March 2009 at 16:22.
Old 17th March 2009, 18:32   #366
BANNED

AStar: 39, but in traffic 39/3 = 13
Dio: 150, but in traffic 150/3 = 50.

50 is quite possible in Dio, likewise, 13 is quite possible in AStar - both in traffic condition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
@Diabloo : while the 3x kmpl is true under certain conditions a Dio would never give 150 kmpl
Old 17th March 2009, 21:25   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Whats so surprising didnt they claim 31.xx kmpl from a Ford Fiesta

AUTOCAR SETS MILEAGE RECORDS ON FORD FIESTA; ENTERS THE LIMCA BOOK OF RECORDS | Ford Motor Company Newsroom

Fiesta is a diesel so basically you can ride the torque if you want to and at barely idle rpm. So driven purely for economy, 31.xx is an achievable figure.
Old 19th March 2009, 07:51   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

Ref: Maruti A-star breaks own record with 39.48 km/litre in Mumbai*-*WheelsUnplugged Automobile Industry News

India’s most fuel efficient car, the Maruti Suzuki A-star proved its supremacy once again by achieving a spectacular top mileage of 39.48 kilometers per litre (kmpl) in a fuel efficiency rally in Mumbai, on 15th March, 2009. kilometers per litre of petrol. This is the best in class ARAI certified fuel efficiency, among cars in India.
Wov what a mileage 39.48kmpl. Very impressive

I was told by my dealer that I was the first A-star owner in Chennai.
I own a a-star zxi white color, and I am able to achieve an impressive 11.33 kmpl in city traffic consistently. I doubted it first time, but the second time the figures proved it true. In highways I recorded a 18.1 kmpl maximum by driving under 80kmpl all the time.

The best think about my car is it feels like kart gaming all the time.
Old 19th March 2009, 08:06   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
Can any of the A star owners post a long drive experience on this vehicle. Say a distance more than 400 kms or so?

Hey, I have clocked 2500kms in 2 months in my A-star ZXI. I have taken the car into all terrains, super smooth, no roads, city drive ....

Did you say 'Long drive experience', can you be specific??? I am not an expert in english or in disposing cool dialogues while writing big test drive reports. I usually answer short and specific.

Last edited by ritz830 : 19th March 2009 at 08:10.
Old 19th March 2009, 09:55   #370
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Did you say 'Long drive experience', can you be specific??? I am not an expert in english or in disposing cool dialogues while writing big test drive reports. I usually answer short and specific.
how did the passengers (both front seat and rear seat) feel after a drive of about 400 - 500 kms in one stretch?
What was the drivers experience during that drive?
Was the car cruising comfortably in highways, what was the comfortable cruising speed?
Was the driver confident of taking turns at high speeds? If ghats were involved how was the performance?
and so on.
Old 19th March 2009, 10:43   #371
BHPian

Quote:
how did the passengers (both front seat and rear seat) feel after a drive of about 400 - 500 kms in one stretch?
Was the car cruising comfortably in highways, what was the comfortable cruising speed?
Was the driver confident of taking turns at high speeds? If ghats were involved how was the performance?
and so on.
Good you asked.. I will answer in detail.

I did go for a 400 trip, with 5 people on board. My co-passengers comments are given below
- The front seats are no problem for even 6+ tall passengers.
- The back seats will pose a problem if there are 6 footers. If all 3(passengers) seating in the back are just 5.6 or below in height, then they can fit in comfortably.
Basically, if you wanna give a comment on seating capacity, then its safe to say that A-star will accommodate 4 comfortably, no matter how tall they are.

Cruising speed: 110 - 120 easily in highways. Its easy to touch 110. You wont notice it.

Taking turns is fun. Its like Go-karting experience. In city, its pretty easy to drive. I can drive it with just one hand, no matter how tough the situation is.

Ghats, I havnt taken the car into hills. Sometimes, you might turn your car really sharp, and you end up straightening the car. (could that be oversteer?)

Just to add in :
- the light body of a-star sometimes makes irritating sounds. Say, when dirt or sand hits the car, you can hear it clearly inside. Also when the tanks is half full, you can hear the petrol clanking the walls of the tank.
- the suspension is good when tires are inflated properly(32psi all tires). Its gives a firm sporty ride quality.

Any thing else. Ask....

Last edited by ritz830 : 19th March 2009 at 10:48.
Old 19th March 2009, 11:19   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Me(the driver), am the most comfortable person in the car. Lots of leg room for me. After 400 km trip, I had some minor right knee pain. It should be due to the constant pressure on accelerator pedal.

I wish, the pedals and clutch where much more lighter.
Old 19th March 2009, 12:35   #373
sps
BHPian

Thanks for all the answers ritz.

Quote:
Good you asked.. I will answer in detail.

its safe to say that A-star will accommodate 4 comfortably, no matter how tall they are.
I would say 3 for long hauls, if you conisder the luggage space also
Cruising speed: 110 - 120 easily in highways. Its easy to touch 110. You wont notice it.
That's cool. We won't notice means we will feel firmly planted on road. What about the braking at such high speeds.

Taking turns is fun. Its like Go-karting experience. In city, its pretty easy to drive. I can drive it with just one hand, no matter how tough the situation is.
It is a good car for city use. I also felt it during TD

Just to add in :
- the light body of a-star sometimes makes irritating sounds. Say, when dirt or sand hits the car, you can hear it clearly inside.
In logan also, i felt the same

- the suspension is good when tires are inflated properly(32psi all tires). Its gives a firm sporty ride quality.
Old 19th March 2009, 14:04   #374
BHPian

Dude, Just after writing my previous post. I went for a ride in my car. I met with an accident . The left side just scratched a lorry. The left side passenger door is totally bruised. I just applied some clear non-rust paint. I guess the tinkering will be costly.

About the cruising speed and braking. It has ABS. No matter how hard I slam the brakes all four wheels come into braking and car keeps traveling in straight path.
Old 19th March 2009, 23:05   #375
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Dude, Just after writing my previous post. I went for a ride in my car. I met with an accident . The left side just scratched a lorry. The left side passenger door is totally bruised. I just applied some clear non-rust paint. I guess the tinkering will be costly.
oh really bad. Lucky that only this much happened.
Is it only bruise alone? If you can put up some pics of the left door you'll get some help on what best can be done.
Drive safe mate

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks