Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2008, 16:36   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Upgraded the tyres with alloys. You can view the whole report below
Congrats! Your car looks great with those footwear. I might also go for one soon, but definitely not now. May be after a year.

Thanks & Regards
Subbu
Old 27th November 2008, 18:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbusos View Post
Thanks a lot... i10 doesn't have seat height adjustment but has the tilt steering. Car is full loaded otherwise except for the fog lamps and some stuff like battery saver etc.,

Will definitely do the PDI.

My house very close to the showroom - 3 kms from there. I know the hosur road very well since I use that road daily. There is Shell outlet also nearby, might fill from there.

Will post the pictures once I get the car. FYI.. I have already posted my accessories list and initial brief test drive report. I am not that much technical, hence posted my views as such.

Thanks & Regards
Subbu
Quote:
Thanks a lot...

I have already given the discounts and freebies I am getting on the deal.

OTR is 5,02,000 and after the discounts what I am paying is 4,72,000.

Experience with the dealer till now is very good and healthy. Especially the sales man Mr. Prasanth from Trident Hyundai, Hosur Road show room. He is very helpful and answered all my queries. And he is delivering the car much before my actual expectation.

My test drive experience:
1. Engine is super silent that I cranked the engine multiple times. Is that an advantage or disadvantage, I dont know.
2. Its peppy, though noticed a slight lag between 2nd and 3rd.
3. Engine likes to be revved.
4. As usual, shocks are hard like other Hyundai cars - good for Indian Roads.
5. A/C is good.

Will post the initial experience and pictures once I get my hands on my cars.

Help required: Can any body share the link of a thread where some mileage calculation excel document was attached? I tried search but of no help. I have seen that document and it was quite nicely made. Want to use the same for my car mileage report as well.

Will keep you all posted about the progress.

Thanks & regards
Subbu
How much is shell petrol now in bangalore? When I was staying in bangalore few months back it was around 65 if i'm not wrong. But theres nothing like the quality of shell to get your car going
You say the suspension is hard like other hyundais, and i totally disagree. I got my verna a month or so back and its far from hard! It'll get you over relatively bumpy roads, but the true indian road, never!
Engine likes to be revved? I dont get what you mean, but remember to drive the car properly during run in period. Your gear shifts should be within a specific rpm, and you should never over rev the car.
By cranking the engine, do you mean turning the ignition key with the engine on? Not sure if thats a great idea....
Old 27th November 2008, 19:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
How much is shell petrol now in bangalore? When I was staying in bangalore few months back it was around 65 if i'm not wrong. But theres nothing like the quality of shell to get your car going
You say the suspension is hard like other hyundais, and i totally disagree. I got my verna a month or so back and its far from hard! It'll get you over relatively bumpy roads, but the true indian road, never!
Engine likes to be revved? I dont get what you mean, but remember to drive the car properly during run in period. Your gear shifts should be within a specific rpm, and you should never over rev the car.
By cranking the engine, do you mean turning the ignition key with the engine on? Not sure if thats a great idea....
I think, Shell petrol now is 60 rs here. Not sure though. Need to check.

I felt that the Hyundai suspensions are hard, but thats my boss's opinion too... Bosses are always right... is it not?

With respect to revving - I was referring to the test drive car, not the new car - I will be definitely take care of the running in.

Yes, I meant turning the ignition key when the engine is already running. I never felt the engine sound during my test drive.

Thanks & Regards
Subbu
Old 27th November 2008, 23:40   #19
BHPian

Quote:

I felt that the Hyundai suspensions are hard, but thats my boss's opinion too... Bosses are always right... is it not?

With respect to revving - I was referring to the test drive car, not the new car - I will be definitely take care of the running in.

Yes, I meant turning the ignition key when the engine is already running. I never felt the engine sound during my test drive.

Thanks & Regards
Subbu
Well buddy, if you wanna become the boss in the future, then you should start thinking a little differently and make sure that its the right way to think .
I dont think shell will be 60. Normal petrol is around 58 if I'm not wrong. Shell will be much much higher.
Old 28th November 2008, 10:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
I dont think shell will be 60. Normal petrol is around 58 if I'm not wrong. Shell will be much much higher.
Recently they have slashed their petrol prices. Hence need to go and check. There is a thread already on this.

Thanks & Regards
Subbu
Old 28th November 2008, 11:30   #21
BHPian

Congrats Subbu~

Finally you made the choice for i10 Sportz!

What is included in the "Sports" version?
Old 28th November 2008, 11:37   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Congrats Subbu~

Thanks Rudra, Please check here for the full feature list: HYUNDAI MOTOR INDIA - Hyundai i10

Thanks & Regards
Subbu
Old 28th November 2008, 12:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Congrats Subbu~

A guy in my office has Red Sportz. The interiors are in dual tone colors, one of them being red! The upholstry is also in dual tone red-beige.
I think only Red Sportz has this kinda color combination. It looks pretty cool really.

What color Sportz you've gone for Subbu?
Old 28th November 2008, 12:41   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
A guy in my office has Red Sportz. The interiors are in dual tone colors, one of them being red! The upholstry is also in dual tone red-beige.
I think only Red Sportz has this kinda color combination. It looks pretty cool really.

What color Sportz you've gone for Subbu?
Yep, the same pretty red colour. Its called Electric Red. I got carried away by the dual tone upholstery, though I favoured the Silver initially.

Thanks & Regards
Subbu
Old 28th November 2008, 12:42   #25
BHPian

Shell price thread

Quote:
For the latest price... check the Shell price thread on this forum.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-dropped.html
Old 28th November 2008, 12:53   #26
BHPian

subbusos,

If you need the excel for the fuel calculator, send me a pm with your email address and I will forward it to you.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 1st December 2008, 10:16   #27
BHPian

I am yet to get the delivery of my beauty due to some delay with the bank, though Prashanth and Trident already kept the car ready... Fingers crossed...

Will post the updates...
Old 1st December 2008, 12:10   #28
BHPian

Congratulations on your choice. Hope you get it delivered soon and do post the pics once you get the delivery.
Old 3rd December 2008, 10:42   #29
BHPian

Finally got the delivery on Monday December 1st 2008.

I was quite busy that not able to post immediately.

It was quite a nice experience with the dealer. Car was ready when I reached and did a checkup. Everything was fine.

Initial impressions:
Its quite smooth and sturdy. My heart says to drive fast, but team-bhp and brain says not to do so. Hence keeping her under 1500-2000 RPM range. Driven 100 kms till now (56 kms was on the ODO when I took the delivery).

Filled the tank full and it took 35.18 litres. Need to check the mileage. Will post the report once I get the figures.

Negatives:
  • Dashboard is reflecting sometimes... but not always. I need to live with this.
  • No dead pedal.
Positives:
  • No sound at all.
  • Good AC (though need to test it in hot conditions... Bangalore climate now is cool and not sure how to judge it.)
Let the photos do the talking... (yet to take the interior pictures... they will follow soon..)

My Red beauty - i10 Kappa Sportz-picture-001.jpg

My Red beauty - i10 Kappa Sportz-picture-002.jpg

My Red beauty - i10 Kappa Sportz-picture-003.jpg

My Red beauty - i10 Kappa Sportz-picture-004.jpg

My Red beauty - i10 Kappa Sportz-picture-005.jpg

My Red beauty - i10 Kappa Sportz-picture-006.jpg

My Red beauty - i10 Kappa Sportz-picture-007.jpg

My Red beauty - i10 Kappa Sportz-picture-008.jpg
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:23   #30
BHPian

One quick question: I am planning to go for a long drive to my native (Trichy in Tamilnadu) this weekend. Can I do that as the car is very new. Or is it safe to go after the run-in.

Experts... Please suggest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks