Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:23   #31
BHPian

Looks gr8 in the red!

However i'm surprised when its sold as Sportz version and they dont even provide "Fog Lamps"??

The Manufacturers here in India have changed the definition of Sportz versions!

I assumed Sportz version to be more peformance oriented with sporty features but guess it isnt that way here in India!

Wish you miles of safe driving...wear your seatbelts always!

Cheers~
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:29   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Looks gr8 in the red!

However i'm surprised when its sold as Sportz version and they dont even provide "Fog Lamps"??

The Manufacturers here in India have changed the definition of Sportz versions!

I assumed Sportz version to be more peformance oriented with sporty features but guess it isnt that way here in India!

Wish you miles of safe driving...wear your seatbelts always!

Cheers~
Thanks Rudra...

I agree with you, I thought of adding Fog lamps, but decided against as I think its not useful for me, Bangalore is not that foggy.
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:36   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbusos View Post
Finally got the delivery on Monday December 1st 2008.
Congratulations!

We took delivery of an i10 Kappa Sports Automatic this morning too, in champagne gold. This was for my father-in-law.

My FIL was a diehard Premier Padmini fan and one of the first things he asked the showroom to put on the car were:
1. Stainess Steel luggage carrier on the roof.

2. Body coloured sun-shade with chrome trim.

3. Coir carpets

The poor salesman stared open-mouthed as these requirements were spelt out to him in great detail as only an ex-professor can do.

Had to spend some time "explaining" to FIL that the roofs of new generation cars are not strong enough to support weight ("my 25 year old Padmini could take any amount of luggage on the roof!") and that the windscreen "doesnt have a wide enough frame" to fit a sun-shade and we'll try to make do with a strip of dark film on top.
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:51   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Congratulations!
We took delivery of an i10 Kappa Sports Automatic this morning too, in champagne gold. This was for my father-in-law.
My FIL was a diehard Premier Padmini fan and one of the first things he asked the showroom to put on the car were:
1. Stainess Steel luggage carrier on the roof.
2. Body coloured sun-shade with chrome trim.
3. Coir carpets
The poor salesman stared open-mouthed as these requirements were spelt out to him in great detail as only an ex-professor can do.
Had to spend some time "explaining" to FIL that the roofs of new generation cars are not strong enough to support weight ("my 25 year old Padmini could take any amount of luggage on the roof!") and that the windscreen "doesnt have a wide enough frame" to fit a sun-shade and we'll try to make do with a strip of dark film on top.
Thats actually too sweet I can imagine the sales guys wondering what is he gonna come up to pacify the Old man who interesting knows exactly what he wants... No amount of pleading is gonna change that.
Congrats on the New Car. Good that it AT too, your FIL is gonna love it (once he gets used to it)
PS. My dad slammed on the brake trying to change gears on his new AT
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:57   #35
BHPian

Quote:
One quick question: I am planning to go for a long drive to my native (Trichy in Tamilnadu) this weekend. Can I do that as the car is very new. Or is it safe to go after the run-in.

Experts... Please suggest.
Go ahead man, I drove my i10 to Jaipur with in a week of purchase. I kept my car under 80km/hr max. Now she has crossed 7k. So enjoy your trip and drive safe.
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:33   #36
BHPian

For SubbuSOS

Subbusos:

You can confidently take your car on a long drive. Don't worry about the break-in. It's all crap. I was doing 80kmph on my Bajaj Avenger 200 (April 2008 model) the day I took delivery. The engine has been superb ever since. Same for our Santro XO Limited Edition (July 2007).

If you don't believe me, take some time to read thru this article on Break In Secrets by an expert from the famous Moto Tune USA magazine:

Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

Once you read that in detail and get the facts into your head, you will start driving and enjoying your car from Day 1 !!

Have a safe drive and congrats on your new i10. Looks great.

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 3rd December 2008, 13:58   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Go ahead man, I drove my i10 to Jaipur with in a week of purchase. I kept my car under 80km/hr max. Now she has crossed 7k. So enjoy your trip and drive safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Subbusos:

You can confidently take your car on a long drive. Don't worry about the break-in. It's all crap. I was doing 80kmph on my Bajaj Avenger 200 (April 2008 model) the day I took delivery. The engine has been superb ever since. Same for our Santro XO Limited Edition (July 2007).

If you don't believe me, take some time to read thru this article on Break In Secrets by an expert from the famous Moto Tune USA magazine:

Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

Once you read that in detail and get the facts into your head, you will start driving and enjoying your car from Day 1 !!

Have a safe drive and congrats on your new i10. Looks great.

Warm regards,
Venkat
Thanks a ton Sam and Venkat, Now I can take my beauty with confidence. Awaiting for the day... two days to go...
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:58   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Subbu, so you finally got the delivery. This is the color i would have bought had i not had a car with a same color. Best color in i10 and next comes the white ;-)

So why dont you update us with the list of freebies offered, OTR price etc. You can send me a PM if you dont wish to share it here, i am interested to know.

When i took the i10 delivery last week, it had 28kms on the odometer and when i filled it took in 33.65L. So i reckon your car was drier than mine. These dealers, i tell you !!

Right now, our i10 is still in the 1st,2nd,3rd gears only ( wifey learning) so imagine the beating the poor baby is taking but then i took it out for a long drives a few times. Done 250kms in 5 days already

Great car and a real pleasure to drive. Keep updating this thread with your experiences and FE figures. Cheerio!
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:08   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats Subbu, so you finally got the delivery. This is the color i would have bought had i not had a car with a same color. Best color in i10 and next comes the white ;-)

So why dont you update us with the list of freebies offered, OTR price etc. You can send me a PM if you dont wish to share it here, i am interested to know.

When i took the i10 delivery last week, it had 28kms on the odometer and when i filled it took in 33.65L. So i reckon your car was drier than mine. These dealers, i tell you !!

Right now, our i10 is still in the 1st,2nd,3rd gears only ( wifey learning) so imagine the beating the poor baby is taking but then i took it out for a long drives a few times. Done 250kms in 5 days already

Great car and a real pleasure to drive. Keep updating this thread with your experiences and FE figures. Cheerio!
Thanks a lot...

OTR: 5,02,000 INR

Free stuff:
Floor mats, door mats like usual stuff
Some cash discount on the autocop and sunfilm.
15k cash discount + 15k exchange bonus (so my OTR become 4,72,000 INR)

There was a funny incident happened due to the petrol available in the tank when I got the delivery.. But past is past, I have decided to forget that, hence not posting the incident here...

In two days, I have done 115 kms, actually 60 kms in two days... And I am sure that I will cross atleast 500 by this weekend. Hence would be able to post the FE.

Its a lovely car to drive...

Keep watching...
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:48   #40
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! I love the Red in i10 and i dont know why its called Sports model as there is nothing provided in it as an extra to prove the tag!
Old 3rd December 2008, 23:13   #41
BHPian

Quote:

There was a funny incident happened due to the petrol available in the tank when I got the delivery.. But past is past, I have decided to forget that, hence not posting the incident here...
Congrats on your buy...

Sorry for detailing here about the petrol you got in you tank which you want to forget, but people who buy the car should notice it during the delivery.

Actually we are paying for the petrol we are getting during the delivery. There is a rounded figure given in the On-Road price for all stuff like Registration, number plate, Road tax and driver charge (driving to and from the Reg. office). And this figure also includes the fuel charge for the drive to and from Reg. office and 5 ltr petrol at the time of delivery to the customer.

When i asked the sales person in HMP, he told this stuff. And I was also told that at the time of delivery they will pour the 5 ltrs petrol in front of me. After getting these details, I insisted to get few more litres.

My negotiation is still going on with HMP and also with other dealer DSC.
Old 3rd December 2008, 23:37   #42
BHPian

Nice car there Subbu! I am really surprised to see no fog lamps in the Sportz model. Are you planning to upgrade the tyres? If so, do it immediately, you will get good price on stock tyres now. If you make late, you will not get a good deal.
Old 4th December 2008, 02:43   #43
BHPian

Quote:
One quick question: I am planning to go for a long drive to my native (Trichy in Tamilnadu) this weekend. Can I do that as the car is very new. Or is it safe to go after the run-in.

Experts... Please suggest.
Congrats ! I10 is a great Car. In fact, I was tempted to buy the auto mode for my wife.

IMO, during the run-in period ( First few thousand miles) Its like a baby. Don't go beyond 70 or 80 kmph and you should keep varying speeds. You will do just fine. Beware of Salem - Namakkal roads.

When I bought my car, I took delivery on a Friday evening and took straight to Chennai and returned the car to to the dealer the next monday for first service

Happy driving !
Old 4th December 2008, 05:03   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
Congrats on your buy...

Sorry for detailing here about the petrol you got in you tank which you want to forget, but people who buy the car should notice it during the delivery.

Actually we are paying for the petrol we are getting during the delivery. There is a rounded figure given in the On-Road price for all stuff like Registration, number plate, Road tax and driver charge (driving to and from the Reg. office). And this figure also includes the fuel charge for the drive to and from Reg. office and 5 ltr petrol at the time of delivery to the customer.

When i asked the sales person in HMP, he told this stuff. And I was also told that at the time of delivery they will pour the 5 ltrs petrol in front of me. After getting these details, I insisted to get few more litres.

My negotiation is still going on with HMP and also with other dealer DSC.
All the best Vijay, you will get a good deal..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Nice car there Subbu! I am really surprised to see no fog lamps in the Sportz model. Are you planning to upgrade the tyres? If so, do it immediately, you will get good price on stock tyres now. If you make late, you will not get a good deal.
Thanks Ravi... Yes no fog lamps in the Sportz model. You could retrofit the one, but it costs 7-8k...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshiv View Post
Congrats ! I10 is a great Car. In fact, I was tempted to buy the auto mode for my wife.

IMO, during the run-in period ( First few thousand miles) Its like a baby. Don't go beyond 70 or 80 kmph and you should keep varying speeds. You will do just fine. Beware of Salem - Namakkal roads.

When I bought my car, I took delivery on a Friday evening and took straight to Chennai and returned the car to to the dealer the next monday for first service

Happy driving !
Thanks Shiv, Yes, thats what my plan is. I am very much aware of Salem - Namakkal roads. I am quite a frequent traveler by that route.

I heard that the i10 Kappa with auto transmission is just giving 8-9 km per litre. I just heard this from a guy who own the same. Not sure though...
Old 4th December 2008, 15:32   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ravi... Yes no fog lamps in the Sportz model. You could retrofit the one, but it costs 7-8k...
Your dealer is fleecing you. My dealer told me it costs 5.5K. Thank God, I got it free of cost

Btw, only the top-end ASTA has fog lamps, such a dud !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks