Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2008, 13:10   #1
BHPian

My Red beauty - i10 Kappa Sportz

Hi all,

I am getting my red beauty coming this Saturday 29/11/2008. Its i10 Kappa Sportz - Electric Red with optional Sportz pack.

Booked from Trident Hyundai, Hosur Road show room. Sales man Prashanth was very helpful and guided me through the process.

Planning to maintain this thread as the running report of the car.

Will document the mileage, performance and service reports.

Hope this thread is going to help some one who is considering i10 Kappa.

Following are the key factors to decide on the car.

1. I wanted good all rounder - City, Highway performer.
2. Good after sales service.
3. Good resale value
4. Latest engine/technology
5. Good to eye interiors
6. VFM - I sacrificed a bit on this since I feel i10 is slightly over priced.

Just went for Lumar sun films and autocop.

Positives:
1. Above mentioned points.
2. No extra penny spent on the accessories.

Negatives:
1. No remote boot release, if you unlock all the five doors are unlocked.
2. No remote for the standard audio system and we cannot get the remote also.
4. Hood affecting the full view of the road. I used to see all the corners with my Maruti Zen LXi 2004.

Will update the delivery experience and PDI report soon.

Thanks & Regards
Subbu
Old 27th November 2008, 14:49   #2
BHPian

What kind of discount/accessories are you getting with the car ?
Old 27th November 2008, 15:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

congrats man! i10 Sportz is really a good choice.
Do post some pics as well as a good first hand experience report after a few KMs!
Also did you go for auto tranny or the manual one? In a city like Blore auto would have been comfort personified
Old 27th November 2008, 15:10   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
Free accessories:
Floor mats, door mats like usual stuff
Some cash discount on the autocop and sunfilm.
15k cash discount + 15k exchange bonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
congrats man! i10 Sportz is really a good choice.
Do post some pics as well as a good first hand experience report after a few KMs!
Also did you go for auto tranny or the manual one? In a city like Blore auto would have been comfort personified
Will definitely post the pictures and post the report too. I went for the manual one, since I would be driving it mostly on highways.

Many many thanks to team-bhp and BHPians who helped me in my decision. The amount of information I got from this forum is very very useful.

Thanks & Regards
Subbu
Old 27th November 2008, 15:25   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Aditya, looks like your lurking around all the i10 threads. That makes the two of us

Subbu, congrats on your new i10. Do update us with all the discounts, OTR price and experience with dealer and initial driving impression as soon as you can.
Old 27th November 2008, 15:27   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbusos View Post
Hi all,

I am getting my red beauty coming this Saturday 29/11/2008. Its i10 Kappa Sportz - Electric Red with optional Sportz pack.

Booked from Trident Hyundai, Hosur Road show room. Sales man Prashanth was very helpful and guided me through the process.

Planning to maintain this thread as the running report of the car.

Will document the mileage, performance and service reports.

Hope this thread is going to help some one who is considering i10 Kappa.

Following are the key factors to decide on the car.

1. I wanted good all rounder - City, Highway performer.
2. Good after sales service.
3. Good resale value
4. Latest engine/technology
5. Good to eye interiors
6. VFM - I sacrificed a bit on this since I feel i10 is slightly over priced.

Just went for Lumar sun films and autocop.

Positives:
1. Above mentioned points.
2. No extra penny spent on the accessories.

Negatives:
1. No remote boot release, if you unlock all the five doors are unlocked.
2. No remote for the standard audio system and we cannot get the remote also.
4. Hood affecting the full view of the road. I used to see all the corners with my Maruti Zen LXi 2004.

Will update the delivery experience and PDI report soon.

Thanks & Regards
Subbu
Subbu congrats on your new car! i10 sportz is a great choice. But didnt you test drive it? You wuld have known then only that your having problems with road view right? Isnt there any height adjustment available for the seats in this car?
What accessories come with the car? Hyundai has some excellent seat covers for the i10. Are they already fitted in or do you have to get them done?
Do make sure that you follow the checklist when you take delivery. Make sure everythigns in working condition and that all formalities are covered, and that you receive all the necessary letters/papers/documents.
Also, cross check with them the amount of fuel in the car when you take delivery. I dont know where you stay but hosur road is pretty far out and theres a helluva lotta traffic there! So you may need to gas up before heading home! Do post some pics of interiors and exteriors once you get the car. Drive safe.
Old 27th November 2008, 15:33   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Aditya, looks like your lurking around all the i10 threads. That makes the two of us

Subbu, congrats on your new i10. Do update us with all the discounts, OTR price and experience with dealer and initial driving impression as soon as you can.
Thanks a lot...

I have already given the discounts and freebies I am getting on the deal.

OTR is 5,02,000 and after the discounts what I am paying is 4,72,000.

Experience with the dealer till now is very good and healthy. Especially the sales man Mr. Prasanth from Trident Hyundai, Hosur Road show room. He is very helpful and answered all my queries. And he is delivering the car much before my actual expectation.

My test drive experience:
1. Engine is super silent that I cranked the engine multiple times. Is that an advantage or disadvantage, I dont know.
2. Its peppy, though noticed a slight lag between 2nd and 3rd.
3. Engine likes to be revved.
4. As usual, shocks are hard like other Hyundai cars - good for Indian Roads.
5. A/C is good.

Will post the initial experience and pictures once I get my hands on my cars.

Help required: Can any body share the link of a thread where some mileage calculation excel document was attached? I tried search but of no help. I have seen that document and it was quite nicely made. Want to use the same for my car mileage report as well.

Will keep you all posted about the progress.

Thanks & regards
Subbu
Old 27th November 2008, 15:45   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Subbu congrats on your new car! i10 sportz is a great choice. But didnt you test drive it? You wuld have known then only that your having problems with road view right? Isnt there any height adjustment available for the seats in this car?
What accessories come with the car? Hyundai has some excellent seat covers for the i10. Are they already fitted in or do you have to get them done?
Do make sure that you follow the checklist when you take delivery. Make sure everythigns in working condition and that all formalities are covered, and that you receive all the necessary letters/papers/documents.
Also, cross check with them the amount of fuel in the car when you take delivery. I dont know where you stay but hosur road is pretty far out and theres a helluva lotta traffic there! So you may need to gas up before heading home! Do post some pics of interiors and exteriors once you get the car. Drive safe.
Thanks a lot... i10 doesn't have seat height adjustment but has the tilt steering. Car is full loaded otherwise except for the fog lamps and some stuff like battery saver etc.,

Will definitely do the PDI.

My house very close to the showroom - 3 kms from there. I know the hosur road very well since I use that road daily. There is Shell outlet also nearby, might fill from there.

Will post the pictures once I get the car. FYI.. I have already posted my accessories list and initial brief test drive report. I am not that much technical, hence posted my views as such.

Thanks & Regards
Subbu
Old 27th November 2008, 15:46   #9
BHPian

Thats exactly what im doing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

@subbu, are u getting the exchange bonus in return for your old car ? or just like that ?
Old 27th November 2008, 15:49   #10
BHPian

Quote:
@subbu, are u getting the exchange bonus in return for your old car ? or just like that ?
I am getting exchange bonus in return for your old car ofcourse it is extra amount of the price they quoted for my old zen lxi 2004. How would I get the exchange bonus just like that. Also I will get the exchange bonus only after some time - either after they sold the car or after 60 days, whichever is earlier.
Old 27th November 2008, 15:54   #11
BHPian

Congrats subbusos on deciding to pick up the i10. I took delivery of my i10 sportz couple of months back and am really happy with the car's performance.

Do you have any plans for mods on the car ?

Enjoy your drive !!
Old 27th November 2008, 15:55   #12
BHPian

I thought these people only took back old hyundai cars and you had a zen according to your profile so...

And anyways, congrats on completing 50 posts. You can post freely now!

Quote:
I am getting exchange bonus in return for your old car ofcourse it is extra amount of the price they quoted for my old zen lxi 2004. How would I get the exchange bonus just like that. Also I will get the exchange bonus only after some time - either after they sold the car or after 60 days, whichever is earlier.
Old 27th November 2008, 15:59   #13
BHPian

Congratulations Subbu! The i-10 is a wise decision for your needs. Please post pics immeidately after you get the delivery.
Old 27th November 2008, 16:03   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Congrats subbusos on deciding to pick up the i10. I took delivery of my i10 sportz couple of months back and am really happy with the car's performance.

Do you have any plans for mods on the car ?

Enjoy your drive !!
Thanks, Jango. No, I am not planning any mods. Have you done any? Thought of getting my beauty a set of alloys, but put it on hold for some time.

Quote:
I thought these people only took back old hyundai cars and you had a zen according to your profile so...

And anyways, congrats on completing 50 posts. You can post freely now!
Sorry for the confusion, I need to change my profile, will do it once I get the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Congratulations Subbu! The i-10 is a wise decision for your needs. Please post pics immeidately after you get the delivery.
Sure, Ravi. Thanks a lot.

Thanks & Regards
Subbu
Old 27th November 2008, 16:11   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Jango. No, I am not planning any mods. Have you done any? Thought of getting my beauty a set of alloys, but put it on hold for some time.
Upgraded the tyres with alloys. You can view the whole report below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...es-alloys.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks