Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2008, 08:48   #61
BHPian

Your right harry10 . Technically it is not right becuase i have got a black beauty
Old 8th December 2008, 06:15   #62
BHPian

After a long drive on my i10

Hi all,

Completed my first long drive with my beauty on 5th December. She is very lovely on the highway and very silent. Sorry for the late posting since no internet available at my village. Now I am back in Bangalore, but she is still in my native (wife is there and wants to use it there). Have taken pictures, but I forgot to take my camera

FE: 15 kmpl with 90% AC - I am very much satisfied with this.

Never taken her above 100. Now completed 700 kms. So when I bring her back it will be 1100 kms and she will be ready for the first service.

I am planning the change the oil during that service. Can I use synthetic oil? Please advise.

Thanks & Regards
Subbu
Old 8th December 2008, 08:06   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbusos View Post
I am planning the change the oil during that service. Can I use synthetic oil? Please advise.

Thanks & Regards
Subbu
Subbusos don't change to synthetic oil now itself, wait till u have clocked around 20K. BTW when you get your i10's first service done they never change the engine oil. Its only body wash and a bit of engine tuning. The oil change happens only at 2nd service.

Hope you are having fun with the car

Last edited by jango : 8th December 2008 at 08:07.
Old 8th December 2008, 09:04   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Subbusos don't change to synthetic oil now itself, wait till u have clocked around 20K. BTW when you get your i10's first service done they never change the engine oil. Its only body wash and a bit of engine tuning. The oil change happens only at 2nd service.

Hope you are having fun with the car
Yes, they will not change the oil on the first service, but I am going to direct them to change the oil. My question is whether to use the synthetic oil or the normal oil for the first change.
Old 8th December 2008, 09:51   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, they will not change the oil on the first service, but I am going to direct them to change the oil. My question is whether to use the synthetic oil or the normal oil for the first change.
@ Subbusos, please refer to the link below to get your answer.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...neral-oil.html

PS: Stick on to the normal mineral oil for your first oil change.
Old 8th December 2008, 10:12   #66
BHPian

Quote:
@ Subbusos, please refer to the link below to get your answer.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...neral-oil.html

PS: Stick on to the normal mineral oil for your first oil change.
Thanks a ton... I will stick to the normal mineral oil for the first service then switch to synthetic after 10k kms.
Old 8th December 2008, 12:56   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton... I will stick to the normal mineral oil for the first service then switch to synthetic after 10k kms.
Nice FE you got there for a new car. Btw, no need to change the oil for the first service. Dont know why your insistent on it?
Old 8th December 2008, 13:01   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nice FE you got there for a new car. Btw, no need to change the oil for the first service. Dont know why your insistent on it?
Team-BHP recommends that you change your engine oil after the first 1,000 km. As with all new engines, you will find that some metal slivers have found their way into the oil. From this point onward you can stick to the manufacturer recommended intervals. - This is the reason, I want to change engine oil, though the manual recommends it after 10k kms.

Please refer this thread for more info: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...r-new-car.html
Old 8th December 2008, 21:29   #69
BHPian

15 is really a good average for a new car, and yet to get 1st service wondering how much more it will deliver after 1st and 2nd service .when average tends to increase .
Cheers For the Average
Old 9th December 2008, 08:41   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
15 is really a good average for a new car, and yet to get 1st service wondering how much more it will deliver after 1st and 2nd service .when average tends to increase .
Cheers For the Average
Yes, but its mostly highways, to be precise out of 700 kms I drove till now, only 150-180 kms in city.
Old 9th December 2008, 09:54   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, but its mostly highways, to be precise out of 700 kms I drove till now, only 150-180 kms in city.
I was able to get around 14.5Kmpl in city driving before my 1st service. My dad uses the car now and am not sure if he has checked the FE ever after anyways will update the same in a weeks time.
Old 13th December 2008, 18:37   #72
BHPian

10.8 kmph i10 Sports AT

We have purchased an i10 Sports AT (Oyster Grey) and took delivery on 4th Dec from HMP, New Delhi. We could manage to get 10k discount (only!!), we booked the car last month (18 Nov).

We have done 325 kms so far and the FE at the first refill stands at 10.8 kmph (only city drive; AC always on; most of the time <30kmph. Otherwise, the car is very comfortable to drive; pickup is good; handling is easy; gone upto 120 kmph; Stock ICE is cool. Overall, it is a very good package.

Planning to go for a trip to Agra next weekend, will report the highway FE then.

Congrats to Subbu & Mobile for having joined the i10 family!!
Old 14th December 2008, 00:09   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_charles View Post
We have done 325 kms so far and the FE at the first refill stands at 10.8 kmph.Congrats to Subbu & Mobile for having joined the i10 family!!
Congrats Paul on getting an i10. Join the ever growing i10 family. However, i think you mean 10.8kmpl right? L for litre and h for hour.

Is someone in your family using it as a learning to drive vehicle like in mine? FE seems on the lower end.

And, my handle out here is mobike and not mobile ( though both have something in common)
Old 15th December 2008, 09:54   #74
BHPian

Quote:
We have purchased an i10 Sports AT (Oyster Grey) and took delivery on 4th Dec from HMP, New Delhi. We could manage to get 10k discount (only!!), we booked the car last month (18 Nov).

We have done 325 kms so far and the FE at the first refill stands at 10.8 kmph (only city drive; AC always on; most of the time <30kmph. Otherwise, the car is very comfortable to drive; pickup is good; handling is easy; gone upto 120 kmph; Stock ICE is cool. Overall, it is a very good package.

Planning to go for a trip to Agra next weekend, will report the highway FE then.

Thanks a ton... Welcome to the i10 family. I have just completed 1200 km on the ODO after my trip to the native. Till now, I am consistently getting 15-16 kmpl. 30% city and 70% highway and all with 90% AC. Now my beauty is ready for the first service, thinking of sending her for the service aroun 1400-1450 kms. Will change the oil as suggested by Team-BHp.

Quote:
I was able to get around 14.5Kmpl in city driving before my 1st service. My dad uses the car now and am not sure if he has checked the FE ever after anyways will update the same in a weeks time.
Have you checked with your dad for the latest report on the mileage? If yes, please report the same.
Old 15th December 2008, 10:52   #75
BANNED

Quote:

im getting AT in 10 days as well i hope i manage to get more than 10 since my accent was 10 as well this better make more sense at 6 laks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks