Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2009, 17:58   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Boss, FE is a damn complex thing - dependent on lots of factors. Out of curiosity, at what speed do you manage this 18kmpl FE ? And what car is yours ?

Could very well be true on a NHC. I have seen a NHC Vtec give more than 16kmpl on highway runs.
Old 18th February 2009, 18:30   #62
Senior - BHPian

John, I was not doubting his claim - just wondering about the speed at which this FE was got and whether it was NHC or ANHC. And I 'think' 18kmpl FE on highway with 100% a/c 'might' be possible with an NHC if one tends to drive in the FE band.

I for one, want to once do a highway drive, where I drive purely for economy, just to know what best I can extract from my car. But once you hit the highway, away from the mad traffic that is part of you daily for weeks/months, the only thing I do is floor the accelerator and all plans to check max FE go out through the window.

OT: Maybe at one of the Chennai tbhp meet/drive, we can organise an FE run till Pondicherry. Give prizes to the cars that sip the least and the owners/drivers that drink the max.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 18th February 2009 at 18:32.
Old 18th February 2009, 19:26   #63
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
And I 'think' 18kmpl FE on highway with 100% a/c 'might' be possible with an NHC if one tends to drive in the FE band.
17/02/2009 Filled tank in Ukkadam, Coimbatore. The run to Alleppey with 5 of us and 100% AC (10.15AM to 5.50PM) at a max speed of 75kph needed 16.12 litres of ordinary petrol to cover the 237kms. That was 14.70kpl in my CVT.
Old 18th February 2009, 20:08   #64
Senior - BHPian

Rajesh Sir, won't the manual NHC be slightly more FE than the CVT ? So is it safe to assume 2kmpl more for manual ? So, for the Cbe-Alpy trip that you did, the NHC should return 16.5kmpl or so IMO.

And you had a fully loaded car, while we don't know what it was in the case of 'inferno'. If you were driving alone or with just 1 other person, your CVT would have atleast 1kmpl more FE. Adding 1kmpl for manual would take it to 17.5kmpl. So hypothetically, it does look possible.
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:04   #65

ANHC FE Report - Initial 2000 KM

Hi Friends,

I see here people talking about FE of ANHC. I bought ANHC (S AT) for my dad last month on 9th and drove 2000 KM with in a week.

I drove from Vijayawada to Chennai and back through some villages with very rough roads ( I mean it - very rough roads), with full AC and 3 people including driver (thats me :-P).

When I checked the whole trip average I was amazed and satisfied with my buy . I got 17.1 KMPL (including 300KM in Chennai City as well). This mileage before first service.. I must say WOW.. for an automatic car on Indian roads.

Ofcourse, I was driving slowly in city avg 50KM and on high-way, I was driving 120-135 constantly. But I was watching the average meter reading when I am driving and I was maintaining above 20KMPL all the time ( I mean, I was managing with less RPM - between 2 & 3 K). Driving for very comfortable and reached Chennai within 5 hrs from Vijayawada which covered almost 450+ KM.

The suspension in village roads (which are single roads) was excellent. I was worried about the low ground clearance. But to my surprise, the base never touched even in big pits. When I took the vehicle for first servicing, I saw the petrol tank is a kind of plastic. I wondered, it could get break with small hit on road. But the service guy told me that it was built with some special material which will not brake with the hit of stone or something on road (He might mean bumps/pits) .

Now my Dad is driving it and he says, on average he is getting 14KMPL in city which is very reasonable.

Only thing I didn't like in the car as a whole is, it doesn't have automatic climate control. I shouldn't have cost Honda too much to add one on 10L car .

I am adding the snap of the car. Shoot your questions if you have any guys.

Farooq.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City 1.5 S-AT / Home Today-my-car.jpg  

Old 24th April 2009, 23:57   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooqshaik View Post
Hi Friends,

Farooq.
Man looking at the pic...isn't that just a beauty???? Who cares a little bit of goodies left out. Take a look at the car and you'd forget what your missing
Old 26th May 2009, 01:03   #67
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooqshaik View Post
Hi Friends,

I see here people talking about FE of ANHC. I bought ANHC (S AT) for my dad last month on 9th and drove 2000 KM with in a week.

I drove from Vijayawada to Chennai and back through some villages with very rough roads ( I mean it - very rough roads), with full AC and 3 people including driver (thats me :-P).

When I checked the whole trip average I was amazed and satisfied with my buy . I got 17.1 KMPL (including 300KM in Chennai City as well). This mileage before first service.. I must say WOW.. for an automatic car on Indian roads.

Ofcourse, I was driving slowly in city avg 50KM and on high-way, I was driving 120-135 constantly. But I was watching the average meter reading when I am driving and I was maintaining above 20KMPL all the time ( I mean, I was managing with less RPM - between 2 & 3 K). Driving for very comfortable and reached Chennai within 5 hrs from Vijayawada which covered almost 450+ KM.

The suspension in village roads (which are single roads) was excellent. I was worried about the low ground clearance. But to my surprise, the base never touched even in big pits. When I took the vehicle for first servicing, I saw the petrol tank is a kind of plastic. I wondered, it could get break with small hit on road. But the service guy told me that it was built with some special material which will not brake with the hit of stone or something on road (He might mean bumps/pits) .

Now my Dad is driving it and he says, on average he is getting 14KMPL in city which is very reasonable.

Only thing I didn't like in the car as a whole is, it doesn't have automatic climate control. I shouldn't have cost Honda too much to add one on 10L car .

Farooq.
Honda city do not give such FE's its just imagination of some honda fan boys. I got 10-11kmpl on my trip to mumbai pune express highway with 5 pax and boot filled with language, without pax it would not give more then 12.5. This FE was archived at 90kmph speed with 100% AC on.
Old 26th May 2009, 01:29   #68
Senior - BHPian

Congrats mate..Happy and safe motoring.
please remove those plastic covers on the seats.
Old 26th May 2009, 20:04   #69
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I got 10-11kmpl on my trip to mumbai pune express highway with 5 pax and boot filled with language, without pax it would not give more then 12.5. This FE was archived at 90kmph speed with 100% AC on.
My City CVT has given me an overall average of 13.26kpl over a distance of almost 33000kms. At my last fill, it was 15.03kpl. All the distance has been done with AC.

Except for a trip to Belgaum, it has not seen expressways. The other running is all inside Kerala + a trip in Tamil Nadu.
Old 17th August 2010, 13:06   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Honda city do not give such FE's its just imagination of some honda fan boys. I got 10-11kmpl on my trip to mumbai pune express highway with 5 pax and boot filled with language, without pax it would not give more then 12.5. This FE was archived at 90kmph speed with 100% AC on.
disclaimer: I have no loyalty towards Honda.

Hi Max,

I just did a stint on NH8 the car has 1600 on the odo and the round trip was 540kms. The tank to tank FE was at 15kmpl (car meter showed 16.5) too with 100% AC, 3 members and some small luggage. I agree that the car was driven sedately but not at constant speeds because I am still breaking in the engine.

Speeds were continuously changed from 80 to 110kmph and two nasty traffic snarls for 20 minutes each.

I am sure the engine can consistently deliver more than that FE if driven with FE in mind. I was just varying the speeds thus the engine never settled for a RPM band. I however have not tested the same within city limits.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks