Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2008, 02:22   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_bhp View Post
Congrats Vikster, nice looking car, the color suits the car very much.
Slightly OT: How much extra did you have to pay for jumping the registration series? I've seen KA 51 with P series. I'm asking this beacuse when I bought my car, the dealer said that the RTO charges 30K for a different series and 10K for specific no:
Let's say it was between the 10-30 K range.

but many thanks. I was a little doubtful about the colour initially because it doesn't look so good on the NHC but it works on this one.
Old 4th December 2008, 05:16   #32
BHPian

City Lights - Honda City S (ANHC) - more pics (streetlight)

got back late from work and took the opportunity to get some pictures under the old orange streetlight from the 60's.

Also, got a call from dealer - the "morning-after" call. Told him everything was great except for the headlight power and he's told me that I can get them changed for a nominal charge when I get my first servicing done. That doesn't quite cut it because this isn't an accessory. Anyway, hopefully I can drive over and get some new ones fitted.

Stepped on the peddle earlier this evening and another great facet of this car - stability. It is rock steady. Can't wait to hit the highway.
Attached Thumbnails
City Lights - Honda City S (ANHC)-img_1189.jpg  

City Lights - Honda City S (ANHC)-img_1200.jpg  

City Lights - Honda City S (ANHC)-img_1205.jpg  

City Lights - Honda City S (ANHC)-img_1206.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 7th December 2008, 22:30   #33
BHPian

FE update

The fuel tank is in its final quarter and so far I'm estimate FE in Bangalore city at ~12.5-13kmpl. So that's about one km knocked off my initial estimate.

The drive is getting better. AC not so good.
Old 8th December 2008, 08:59   #34
BHPian

Hi,

not doing a comparo here or saying which is better, but I have a 2002 OHC Vtec and I am getting around 14.8 kmpl in bangalore.

Honda engines are a dream!! Hail Vtec!

Cheers
Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Congrats! 13.5 FE in bangalore sounds great, looking forward to hear the correct figure.
Old 8th December 2008, 09:19   #35
BHPian

Great. Congratulations on your new ride. Have fun and drive safe.
Old 8th December 2008, 14:05   #36
@ri
BHPian

@Vikram: Nice to see the pics of your 3GNHC! it sure looks good. Will await on your FE figures. Honda is known for the wonderful FE, maybe post the first servicing you might end up getting better figures
Old 8th December 2008, 15:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

@Vikster
How's the air-conditioner brother? i had read in the TG magazine that ANHC has got crappy air-conditioning! I know it might be difficult to judge about it in winter time, but still is it par with other cars in the segment?
Old 9th December 2008, 02:26   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
@Vikster
How's the air-conditioner brother? i had read in the TG magazine that ANHC has got crappy air-conditioning! I know it might be difficult to judge about it in winter time, but still is it par with other cars in the segment?
It is not cool fellow De Niro fan. Was it in the same magazine that they said that if the passengers in the back seat need to feel the AC the people in the front have to withstand a mother blast? That's pretty accurate. The AC could definitely be reworked. It takes a while to get going as well and isn't very discrete. But fortunately the controls are quite sensitive and on long drives it'll do the job.

Overall, I would rate the AC weaker than most cars in its segment. I haven't really driven many in the segment - but if one compares it to the Fabia, for example, the AC is definitely a sore thumb.
Old 9th December 2008, 12:45   #39
BHPian

Hey vikster, your car looks cool, cool photos too. Congrats on your ride.
Old 9th December 2008, 13:46   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikster View Post
The fuel tank is in its final quarter and so far I'm estimate FE in Bangalore city at ~12.5-13kmpl. So that's about one km knocked off my initial estimate.
IMHO thats a great figure and that too from an engine churning out 115hp

Congrats on the purchase. Looks chic
Old 9th December 2008, 20:43   #41
BHPian

Congrats Vikster on the new car. Enjoy your ride. The initial FE figures sound good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I had found the same problem when i TD it last night. Fog lamps might a decent option but as JK mentioned it would be expensive , thanks to
Honda s super pricey list

I dont think its a disaster. Its decent to say the least. Common Ramie bhai its not that bad as Baleno.
So you finally had your TD! And now the price is dropped – so time to match up to your avatar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Aarey yaar i am not debating or against the car,I have seen in person and test driven it and its wowww factor,one of this coming in my family too the only issue is the rear light design which is again my personal choice i wasn't impressed.
They tired to copy from the beemer and made a mess of it. It is a poor imitation. Wonder why Honda could not do something ingenious.
Old 9th December 2008, 21:42   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
So you finally had your TD! And now the price is dropped – so time to match up to your avatar?

Yup had a TD last week. I saw one silver one being delivered, looked awesome. But i think ill take time to match the avatar .Recession.
If everything goes well Next year mid, or else will wait & see.
Old 9th December 2008, 21:51   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Has Honda dropped the price? Or has Ford dropped it ??
Old 10th December 2008, 03:44   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Vikster on the new car. Enjoy your ride. The initial FE figures sound good.
Many thanks. The price dropped? Well, it had to happen someday. Let's see if I can squeeze a freebie at the first servicing (and he died an optimist...).
Old 10th December 2008, 06:48   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f50xj13 View Post
Has Honda dropped the price? Or has Ford dropped it ??
Yesterday’s news report says so - passing on the CENVAT benifits!
Quote:
The company's largest selling sedan 'City' will be cheaper by Rs 19,000-Rs 21,000, while 'Civic' will cost Rs 29,000-Rs 31,000 less, an HSCI statement said.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks