Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2009, 21:41   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick030581 View Post
Would it be too much to ask to get the second picture with the dark alloys redone with the darkest shade of black possible please?Thanks a million again badboyscad,fantastic work buddy.
while you are at it, please black out that hideous chrome grille too.
Old 30th April 2009, 07:30   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick030581 View Post
4 cylinder, 2.0L engine mate. The 3-cylinder engine is in the Accent CRDi.
woow! that engine has a lotta promise. If you are mad about getting your vehicle modified check out "brraj" 's mod thread. I did not know the 2L crdi was already there on the elantra and sonata. And for the looks the car looks stunning. It looks like one of those american muscles!

Last edited by ShyamSCrdi : 30th April 2009 at 07:31.
Old 30th April 2009, 07:56   #78
Senior - BHPian

@maverick Congrats on ur possession!!! I have gone through the entire thread and belive you have done lot of background analysis before getting her and you know in and out of your beast

Though I was bit disappointed with my experience with the Accent CRDi and decided not to go for Diesels from Hyundai, now getting engrossed with the idea of sourcing an Elantra CRDi after reading this thread
Old 30th April 2009, 17:39   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
good going maverick. Btw you might want to look at race dynamics ECU remap as well :P
power is never enough isnt it?
Lol, right you are Ashish. RD standalone ECU is one of the mods I have thought about. Seriously planning for intercooler upgrade, removing the catcon and adding another tuning box that connects to the rail sensors. Maybe a boost controller too. Thanks to my friends from tbhp who are generous enough to guide me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
woow! that engine has a lotta promise. If you are mad about getting your vehicle modified check out "brraj" 's mod thread. I did not know the 2L crdi was already there on the elantra and sonata.
I'm hooked on that thread all the time mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
@maverick Congrats on ur possession!!! I have gone through the entire thread and belive you have done lot of background analysis before getting her and you know in and out of your beast

Though I was bit disappointed with my experience with the Accent CRDi and decided not to go for Diesels from Hyundai, now getting engrossed with the idea of sourcing an Elantra CRDi after reading this thread
Thanks buddy. Sorry to hear about your experience, I believe Hyundai did a bit of trial and error with the Accent's 3-pot CRDi engine. My car has done 62k kms till now and still running perfectly. I know of a few Elantras that have done 1 lakh plus kms and still going strong. Have heard of one in Mumbai from a reliable source that has done 4 lakh odd kms without an engine overhaul
Old 6th July 2009, 10:22   #80
Senior - BHPian

mav,any update on your ride.
Old 7th July 2009, 08:03   #81

2004 sept elantra crdi

i have an elantra which has done 156000 kms till date.dont know how long the engine is going to last.is there anyone out there who has done similar km.
wanted to know about the engine conditions

thanks
Old 7th July 2009, 11:01   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonam View Post
i have an elantra which has done 156000 kms till date.dont know how long the engine is going to last.is there anyone out there who has done similar km.
wanted to know about the engine conditions

thanks
@Jonam - I know 2 elantras which has crossed 1+lakh kms and its still running smoothly.

Things to consider
- Do a Radiator flush.
- I guess you have changed timing belt by now (we change the timing belt for 50k kms to be in safer side)
- Use Shell synthetic for better engine life and change it every 7k kms.
- Clean intercooler.
- Use engine protectors like OWS/bardhal.
- Ask hyundai people to use scanner to check if there is any engine problems.
- Drain the brake fluid and add new.
- keep an eye on coolant level, power steering oil level and engine oil level.

Ignore if you have done it.

Is it a stock elantra or modified ?

If you maintain well, any car for that matter you can munch miles with it.
Old 8th July 2009, 08:58   #83

Thanks dear for yr reply.i had changed timing belt at 80000 now at 155000.
i generally change oil at 10000 intervels.Now i think my engine has started decompression at least thats what the people at the service centre say.

see when i start the engine and pull out the dip stik there is smoke comming out through it.Also when u run 7000 kms i noticed a there is approximatly a 600 ml drop in oil level .

I think these are all signs of engine wear-and-tear.I use bardhal at every oil change.and mine is a stock car .its self driven and has run 100% on with ac on.

will talk to my service guy regarding radiator flush and intercooler cleaning.
Old 8th July 2009, 11:32   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonam View Post
Thanks dear for yr reply.i had changed timing belt at 80000 now at 155000.
i generally change oil at 10000 intervels.Now i think my engine has started decompression at least thats what the people at the service centre say.

see when i start the engine and pull out the dip stik there is smoke comming out through it.Also when u run 7000 kms i noticed a there is approximatly a 600 ml drop in oil level .

I think these are all signs of engine wear-and-tear.I use bardhal at every oil change.and mine is a stock car .its self driven and has run 100% on with ac on.

will talk to my service guy regarding radiator flush and intercooler cleaning.
isnt the oil change service interval 5000 kms ? and i heard from the service guy that reboring the engine costs around Rs.70000 for elantra..
Old 6th October 2009, 12:51   #85
BHPian

Hey Mave,
Whats up with your ride no updates?
Old 6th October 2009, 16:39   #86
Senior - BHPian

Jonam:Good doing with Elantra.Expecting the baby to clock 1 lac more kms from now.
Start using the synthetic oil with regular intervals.Try changing the oil for every 5 or 7k from now on.
Old 5th August 2010, 16:58   #87
alphamike

Adding to brraj

Put Nitrogen in the tyres against normal air. You will make out the difference in the ride quality immediately.

with Shell Synthetic Oil the frequency can be 10K kms. I do it that way but ensure you change the oil filter and diesel filter also. This would ensure cleanliness of your engine.

Last edited by alphamike : 5th August 2010 at 16:59. Reason: reference to the post before

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks