Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2009, 12:05   #46
BHPian

Interior Pics

Posting some interior pics of the car. Those are Stanely Nappa leather.
next is to get some dark wooden inserts for the door trim as well. Not available yet with my local dealer!
Attached Thumbnails
My new ANHC A/T. EDIT : Third service updates-img_0274.jpg  

My new ANHC A/T. EDIT : Third service updates-img_0275.jpg  

My new ANHC A/T. EDIT : Third service updates-img_0405.jpg  

My new ANHC A/T. EDIT : Third service updates-img_0406.jpg  

Old 8th April 2009, 12:10   #47
BHPian

Wow....!!!

Looks rocking!

Super covers, nice choice of color dude.

Now, That's a real Honda.
Old 8th April 2009, 13:12   #48
BHPian

More pics of the car's interior.
Attached Thumbnails
My new ANHC A/T. EDIT : Third service updates-img_0476.jpg  

My new ANHC A/T. EDIT : Third service updates-img_0474.jpg  

My new ANHC A/T. EDIT : Third service updates-img_0472.jpg  

My new ANHC A/T. EDIT : Third service updates-img_0471.jpg  

Old 8th April 2009, 14:17   #49
Senior - BHPian

Very Nice color and finish.
How much did you spend for this Stanley Nappa Leather Seats?
Looks very deluxe
Old 8th April 2009, 15:53   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Wow....!!!

Looks rocking!

Super covers, nice choice of color dude.

Now, That's a real Honda.
Thanks Loving_alaap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Very Nice color and finish.
How much did you spend for this Stanley Nappa Leather Seats?
Looks very deluxe
Thanks. It costed me around 55K.
Old 8th April 2009, 15:55   #51
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
It was a dream drive, the car returned an overall FE of 15.5 with 100% AC.
Very good mileage! Recently I have managed to have a mileage of 18.26, 15.99 and 16.84kpl for my City. The first and the last were solo and over 248 and 361kms. The other one was with 4 people and a little luggage. All with 100% AC and all in our state's highways.

Quote:
Also finished my 2nd service yesterday, the car has done around 5600 kms.I wanted to put synthetic oil,but honda city oil change interval is 5000 kms which means i will have to spend 3k every 5000 kms , if not it voids the warranty!!.

I paid 865/- for the 2nd service, which included oil change.
At least with our service centre, they said that with synthetic, the oil change interval would be 10000kms. What they must have meant was that you should visit the service centre every 5000kms even if the oil change with synthetic would be only every 5000kms.

By the way, how much engine oil was put? And was the oil filter changed? Could you please check the user manual / service booklet and see whether there is any difference in oil to be filled with / without filter change?
Old 8th April 2009, 16:11   #52
BHPian

Hi Trrk,
The milage you are getting is also excellent.

The new city requires an oil change evey 5k kms, so if synthetic oil is used, one would need to change it every 5k kms as per the honda service frequency eventhough the synthetic oil lasts longer. If the oil change is not done as per the sechdule, one stands to loose the warranty!!. I confirmed the same with my service centre.
I need to check the other details and will get back.
Old 8th April 2009, 23:15   #53
BHPian

Last lot of my interior pics
Attached Thumbnails
My new ANHC A/T. EDIT : Third service updates-dsc00021.jpg  

My new ANHC A/T. EDIT : Third service updates-dsc00025.jpg  

My new ANHC A/T. EDIT : Third service updates-dsc00036.jpg  

Old 9th April 2009, 18:37   #54
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
The milage you are getting is also excellent.
Thanks. My overall average is 13.25 and I am happy with that too!

Quote:
The new city requires an oil change evey 5k kms, so if synthetic oil is used, one would need to change it every 5k kms as per the honda service frequency eventhough the synthetic oil lasts longer. If the oil change is not done as per the sechdule, one stands to loose the warranty!!. I confirmed the same with my service centre.
I need to check the other details and will get back.
Even mine does need an oil change every 5000kms and was told that with synthetic it needs an oil change only once every 10000kms. Since the synthetic is 3 times more than the normal and anyway I'll have to make that 110kms round trip for service at 5000kms even without the oil change, I thought mineral will do.
Old 10th April 2009, 13:45   #55
BHPian

@trrk, I too will stick to the mineral for the moment.

The car now has done 6100 kms in less than 3 months. After 2nd service the enigine feels even more butter smooth and refined.

The paddle shifts can be enjoyed to the fullest in the ghats and the twisty roads;-) Its real fun pushing this engine.

Yesterday got to test the braking power of the car to the fullest.
While returning to mumbai from pune I was doing about 110 kms/hr on the expressway in the middle lane, when a bus which is also in the middle lane ahead moves to the right most lane and suddenly steers left to take a turn somewhere off the expressway!!

Had to apply full brakes to come to a complete standstill which it did few meters before the bus!! It did it without any drama and in a straight line.I could feel the ABS kick in. Was shaken a bit!
The braking is upto the mark which I intially suspected it was not.
I observed the following atleast twice on my expressway journey.
On the expressway, on certain patches (concrete), at speeds over 110 km/hr the, I have a feeling as if the car seems to loose traction or maybe slip on the surface (like maybe glide or something) not sure if I am describing it correctly. What should be the causeing this? Tire issue? suspension issue? Handling issue?
Old 10th April 2009, 18:44   #56
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
@trrk, I too will stick to the mineral for the moment.
I am never going to shift to synthetic. Mineral is just fine.

Quote:
Had to apply full brakes to come to a complete standstill which it did few meters before the bus!! It did it without any drama and in a straight line.I could feel the ABS kick in. Was shaken a bit!
It was a truck for me. From middle lane to right and through a gap across to the other side. I was in the right lane. even without ABS, it stopped without hitting the truck. Don't tell me about the shaken part!!!!

Quote:
On the expressway, on certain patches (concrete), at speeds over 110 km/hr the, I have a feeling as if the car seems to loose traction or maybe slip on the surface (like maybe glide or something) not sure if I am describing it correctly. What should be the causeing this? Tire issue? suspension issue? Handling issue?
I have only experience of the expressway. Bangalore Belgaum. That was only the one occasion when my CVT saw 110+ speeds. In the rare concrete patch, I did not feel any different, though the speeds may not have been high as 100+ speeds were rare and far between even in the expressway.

But over 'getting repaired' roads, in the gravelly section, the rear end does show a tendency to drift. I don't know about the ANHC, but mine has a really firm suspension. Maybe grip levels are low.
Old 12th April 2009, 22:32   #57
BHPian

The feeling I have described in my previous post can be felt in concrete roads only, on tar roads never faced this problem.
Old 13th April 2009, 09:11   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have also reported similar experience in my ANHC thread. On a straight line at high speeds, I have felt the drift and felt the steering becoming loose all of a sudden for a moment.
Old 8th May 2009, 09:14   #59
BHPian

Long Higway drive report.

I had been on long highway trip last week.

Since this was a last minute plan, no particular destination was planned. I and my friend who is an equal driving freak like me, decided to plan the destination enroute!

We ended up driving 2000 kms in 3 days.We first went to solapur from navi mumbai, via mum-pune xpressway, then onto NH9 , from there we took the Nh 13, to chitradurga, went to dandeli near dharward and returned via NH 4 back home. After the end of the journey the odometer of the car was 8200 kms.

I Will be uploading some pics later.

The journey was fun, I wanted to test her highway manners so this time ripped her on the journey more than a little, and rest of the time drove around 100 -120 km mark and the occasional 140 km/hr. The engine has opened up really well now. Just love the silky smooth engine of the city.
I know I am repeating but this car has awesome driving dynamics and is just too good on the highways. Wonder why they named it ‘city’ .

It pulls well from any speed; in-gear acceleration is great; the i-vtec engine is truly an engineering marvel. The legendry pulling power of vtec engine at higher rpm which I had only heard off till now, having experienced it first hand, I am simply at loss of words and can just say that it feels heavenly.

I found an long empty stretch on the Mumbai-pune expressway , slotted it in ‘S’ mode, I was at 120 kms/hr , slight pressure on the accelerator saw the speed hitting 200 km/hr on the speedo ,where it maxed out.
I know this was a stupid thing to do and I am not going to repeat it again, at least with the stock tyres. Anyways my observation , the car revved till 200 km/hr on the speedo (top speed is 192 km/hr as per the manual) as if doing an 80 – 140, no resistance from the engine, it was not at all as if I was pushing it. It takes the car towards that 200 km/hr milestone easily and the car feels very stable at higher speeds.

Handling of the car impressive, but a tire upgrade is must in order to maintain the speeds around the corners.braking has improved a lot from the intial stages.

The paddle shifts and the ghats is an awesome combination and I exploit that to fullest!! Its an awesome experience.

Fe returned was 13 - 15 km /lt. the car easily manages upto 600 kms per tank which is good for highway drives.In my fusion I used to refill in less than 500 kms every time on a highway trip. So +1 to the Honda for that.

I conclude by saying, in our mumbaiya lingo, this car is a total paisa vasool car.;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I have also reported similar experience in my ANHC thread. On a straight line at high speeds, I have felt the drift and felt the steering becoming loose all of a sudden for a moment.
I am sure this drift/swaying is because of the wind. I too experienced it again this time in my highway drive. Had read in another thread , a fiesta owner too experiencing similar swaying.
Old 8th May 2009, 09:29   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

At least with our service centre, they said that with synthetic, the oil change interval would be 10000kms. What they must have meant was that you should visit the service centre every 5000kms even if the oil change with synthetic would be only every 5000kms.
I would not put synthetic until the car has been run in - say 15,000km. The filter is changed as often as the oil.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks