Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2009, 21:16   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
........ I did not like the position of the cigarette lighter though. If you plug a wired devices to it, the cable would be in your way for changing gears.

Wired devices go into the bin and cubby hole right next to the cigarette lighter. This location is safer than the dashboard to keep devices. If you mean devices like GPS etc. which are to be mounted onto the dashboard, it might be better to use dedicated wiring for them.

My car has the cigarette lighter in a similar position and I find it very convenient to use it, I keep the device in the hole next to the lighter or in the bin between the two seats.

Cheers,
Old 27th February 2009, 23:43   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Wired devices go into the bin and cubby hole right next to the cigarette lighter. This location is safer than the dashboard to keep devices. If you mean devices like GPS etc. which are to be mounted onto the dashboard, it might be better to use dedicated wiring for them.
I agree with you. The position is convenient for cellphone etc. But for a GPS mounted on the windscreen or dashboard, the power cable will have to come along the side of the gear lever, unless there is another socket somewhere else.
Old 28th February 2009, 02:37   #48
BHPian

Well guys as promised went to gurgaon tonite. I am simply amazed. overtaking, no issue, revving hard again no issue but you should be in 3rd gear atleast, all in all a very satisfactory drive and guess what my average consumption reads now 13.2km/L, can i ask for more, naaaaaah more than enuff for me. Believe me you will love the sound of revving the engine past the 2K mark. Its getting addictive man. LOVE IT..
Old 28th February 2009, 10:09   #49
BHPian

thats a good f.e ntranced.
guess it will improve after ist service..
Old 28th February 2009, 12:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

ntraced, at 7.x on road, that's a LOT of car. congrats on the buy

don't worry about the A.S.S. Its not as bad as its said to be. I have been a Palio owner since Aug 2002, and never had any complaints. In fact the car is still running brilliantly (i intend to keep it for another 3 years). So far i had to change wiper blades twice, OEM batteries once (a year back), and brake pads six months back. Very reliable car for me. touch wood.
Old 28th February 2009, 12:12   #51
BHPian

nice report there. 13.2 is a good mileage initially. it will increase later on. what was the top speed? the handling is damn good and the suspension set-up is class apart.
Old 28th February 2009, 12:46   #52
BHPian

Hi Ntranced. Excellent mileage there and it will only improve. Agreed to your point that the in dash mileage meter surely ecks you to get the last juice out of your fuel.Did you think about getting the teflon body coating for your car as it will surely save your car's paint from the incoming 'Dilli ki garmi'.
Old 28th February 2009, 15:36   #53
BHPian

awesome car buddy. congratulations.
can we buy other alloys. i mean other designed alloys. fiat also comes with 17 inch alloys i think in other countries. were there any other design alloys?
Old 28th February 2009, 19:12   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGON_R View Post
nice report there. 13.2 is a good mileage initially. it will increase later on. what was the top speed? the handling is damn good and the suspension set-up is class apart.
I did 125 and the car felt very solid and planted, wanted to do more but with a 2 year old baby in tow i took it easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
awesome car buddy. congratulations.
can we buy other alloys. i mean other designed alloys. fiat also comes with 17 inch alloys i think in other countries. were there any other design alloys?
No, right now they are offering only these standard 15" that you see on my car. 17" would look damn amazing.
Old 28th February 2009, 22:34   #55
xPK
BHPian

Congratulations ntranced for 1st petrol Linea aboard.
11.xx and then 13.xx are some amazing figures. I'm pretty sure whole lot of people here will be really surprised as anything in double digits from Linea petrol is like a joke for them.

Let it be a pure case of "owner's pride neighbours envy"

One again congratulation and drive safe!!!!
And do keep posting your experience.
Old 2nd March 2009, 18:23   #56
BHPian

WoW Ntranced another Petrol Linea, congrats.

I think the numbers will start building now. I was not able to login for the last couple of days and it truely is raining Linea's at T-BHP.

All the best for a great buy, cant wait to join the Linea club.
Old 2nd March 2009, 22:46   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK View Post
Congratulations ntranced for 1st petrol Linea aboard.
11.xx and then 13.xx are some amazing figures. I'm pretty sure whole lot of people here will be really surprised as anything in double digits from Linea petrol is like a joke for them.

Let it be a pure case of "owner's pride neighbours envy"

One again congratulation and drive safe!!!!
And do keep posting your experience.
Thanks xPK i didnt reset the b trip meter so it shows the overall kms done so far and its showing 11.4 as the total consumption so far. For me its more than enough as this total kms have been 90% in peak city traffic and 10% on one trip to gurgaon through the toll and not to forget with AC on 100%
Old 3rd March 2009, 19:52   #58
rdp

Congrats on your new purchase. Have been reading in various posts about Linea regarding broken levers, handles and even the ORVM getting broken easily. Does the quality of fittings actually feel this fragile ? Have booked a petrol emotion++ and am quite alright with the engine power and fe (whatever it is). But things coming apart in the car is something quite unimaginable even in the case of the first Maruti 800 that I bought years ago. Your comments would be appreciated.
Old 3rd March 2009, 23:24   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdp View Post
Congrats on your new purchase. Have been reading in various posts about Linea regarding broken levers, handles and even the ORVM getting broken easily. Does the quality of fittings actually feel this fragile ? Have booked a petrol emotion++ and am quite alright with the engine power and fe (whatever it is). But things coming apart in the car is something quite unimaginable even in the case of the first Maruti 800 that I bought years ago. Your comments would be appreciated.
No such issues atleast till now. Everything seems nice and of good quality but yes the bonnet lever does look fragile, havent used it much though, also the lid of lower storage box in the dash seems suspect but again havent used it much. All in all pretty decent for me. Hope it stays this way.

BTW the after sales staff from FIAT has called me umpteen number of times regarding any problems i may be having and reminding me of my service intervals. Nice gesture but makes me think if really there were isuues with the car which they were afraid would surface and now they are taking customer feedback on the same. HEHE. Till now everything is puurrfect..
Old 5th March 2009, 23:11   #60
BHPian

Well another tank full and the story is no different 34L of petrol 382km on the ODO so again 11.XX. Not bad wotsay. Mostly city driving AC on 100%. So now is the FE thing settled, I guess so. COMMENTS PEOPLE..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks