Old 31st July 2009, 16:05   #77
BHPian

Mods can the title of this thread be appended with:

10K/4months, ownership review.
Old 31st July 2009, 16:08   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
You are right, I am having fun and truckloads of it. Keep thinking if this is a 1.3, then how would a 1.6 MJD be!

I have checked the rattles, they are not from the sun blind or the parcel shelf. I can trace their origin below the rear seat. Can't reach out there to fix it, will get it checked at the next service.
Trouble shooting for Rattles from the Rear: flip down the rear Bench. check if any bolts holding the seat to the floor are loose. rattles occour if your seat belt buckles have vanished from the seat into the floor.

then flip down the backrest of the seat and check the bolts there if theyre loose. if nothing is loose there shudnt be a rattle. rattles basically occur after installing seat covers etc as the persons who do the job do not bother to tighten the nuts with a ratchet ring spanner and use ordinary spanners which dont tighten upto the desired torque.

once this this done pull up the sun blind(if any) and take a drive. there shouldnt be any rattles. lastly check the rear seat armrest and the glovebox inside for any things that you may have stored
Old 31st July 2009, 16:36   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Trouble shooting for Rattles from the Rear: flip down the rear Bench. check if any bolts holding the seat to the floor are loose. rattles occour if your seat belt buckles have vanished from the seat into the floor.

then flip down the backrest of the seat and check the bolts there if theyre loose. if nothing is loose there shudnt be a rattle. rattles basically occur after installing seat covers etc as the persons who do the job do not bother to tighten the nuts with a ratchet ring spanner and use ordinary spanners which dont tighten upto the desired torque.

once this this done pull up the sun blind(if any) and take a drive. there shouldnt be any rattles. lastly check the rear seat armrest and the glovebox inside for any things that you may have stored
Sunil, you are right. I had flipped opened the rear and found the rear seat belt clips hiding underneath initially. Even after putting them back on the seat i got squeaking sounds which on closer examination seemed to be eminating from the seat hinge which appears to be loose.

I will check with the sun blind pulled up though, thanks.
Old 31st July 2009, 16:38   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Sunil, you are right. I had flipped opened the rear and found the rear seat belt clips hiding underneath initially. Even after putting them back on the seat i got squeaking sounds which on closer examination seemed to be eminating from the seat hinge which appears to be loose.

I will check with the sun blind pulled up though, thanks.

for sqeaks from Hinges which is a normal phenomena with most moving parts, spray a bit of WD40
Old 31st July 2009, 16:52   #81
BHPian

Great to 10000km so fast on your Console. I have 6k in exactly 3 months. Way to go Linens
Old 31st July 2009, 16:54   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Great to 10000km so fast on your Console. I have 6k in exactly 3 months. Way to go Linens
I have just 1987 Kms in 3 Months
Old 31st July 2009, 16:56   #83
Senior - BHPian

Rear Noise is comes from SunBlind only.
I have enquired with VST Service Centre.
They don't know how to fix it but it's the problem in almost all lineas.
If it's not coming today it will come some other day
i also personally checked the Sunblind assembly.felt that the sound comes from that place only.it has alot of parts gathered there.
Check with TASS.
Old 31st July 2009, 16:56   #84
BHPian

Quote:
I have just 1987 Kms in 3 Months
That was the very aim of buying a MJD, i travel 100 kms / day. So my fuel savings cover half the EMI of the car every month.
Old 31st July 2009, 16:58   #85
BHPian

Quote:
That was the very aim of buying a MJD, i travel 100 kms / day. So my fuel savings cover half the EMI of the car every month.

i used to do 2000 Kms + every Month. however no More Motorable roads left in Mangalore. we are back in the stone age where there were no roads only dirt tracks!
Old 31st July 2009, 17:00   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have 6k in exactly 3 months
You and me have almost clocked the same in same timing. Will try to beat you handsomely in 10k mark. watch it out dude!!!

But clocking so much so soon does it bring down the warranty? . the manual says timelimit vs kms which ever is earlier..........
Old 31st July 2009, 18:04   #87
Senior - BHPian

Mangalore roads

Quote:
i used to do 2000 Kms + every Month. however no More Motorable roads left in Mangalore. we are back in the stone age where there were no roads only dirt tracks!
i agree on this. one of the most pathetic roads of India you can find around Mangalore. Just one week of rain and roads are completely ruined all thanks to mining lorrys.

You need a Hummer here.

@sunilrj,
I saw your linea other day when i was in Mangalore
Old 31st July 2009, 18:35   #88
BANNED

Congrats luky & Welcome Back to your own thread !

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
FastLove - Its not Linens. Its Lineans thats the adjective we got after buying Linea
Old 31st July 2009, 18:47   #89
Senior - BHPian

Wow Luky_13, you really seem to enjoying every minute of your ownership. 11K in 4 months , thats how much I do in a year . 4 years and a month and my Ikon has done 42K kms

Last edited by sammyboy : 31st July 2009 at 18:49.
Old 31st July 2009, 18:53   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Wow Luky_13, you really seem to enjoying every minute of your ownership. 11K in 4 months , thats how much I do in a year . 4 years and a month and my Ikon has done 42K kms
I worked on a simple logic, in 3 years drive 100,000 KMS and dispose of the vehicle. At that time one might probably get around 4~5 lakhs as resale, but one has recovered nearly 200,000.00 by way of better mileage and a diesel engine. If it works out this way, boy it is complete value for money.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks