Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2009, 17:57   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Well its a really sad joke,instead try focussing on your work,it will help you over there dont waste your energy on stupid scripts like this!
He has paid close to 22L for this car,please stop demoralising.
+1
A person buying whether 5 lakhs or 22 Lakhs has a lot of sentiments attached to it. Your script really din't make any sense. ECU's don't ever fail when controlled by the VAG COM. I think one should appreciate with what one purchased itstead of going all out and demoralising.
Everycar has issues after all its a machinery. I read here one of the thread where he was given almost a damaged car by the Honda. Atleast you don't get that with Skoda. Anyways, whether it's any make or model problems are gonna be part of it as the time passes by, after all each one of our life has issues and problems.
Old 10th April 2009, 18:45   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
+1
A person buying whether 5 lakhs or 22 Lakhs has a lot of sentiments attached to it. Your script really din't make any sense. ECU's don't ever fail when controlled by the VAG COM. I think one should appreciate with what one purchased itstead of going all out and demoralising.
Everycar has issues after all its a machinery. I read here one of the thread where he was given almost a damaged car by the Honda. Atleast you don't get that with Skoda. Anyways, whether it's any make or model problems are gonna be part of it as the time passes by, after all each one of our life has issues and problems.
Don't take this the wrong way. The post wasn't meant to be demoralizing, it was written in a lighter vein.

Well, it's probably of no use explaining now, but what I meant was that the skoda salesman was trying to misguide boringprof by offering such an absurd expanation for the (nonexistent) malfunctions in his car.

If you still think this post was unwarranted and in bad taste, I apologize for the same.

But I clearly mentioned at the top of the post itself that I meant no offense to anyone.

Quote:
Well its a really sad joke,instead try focussing on your work,it will help you over there
@kedarwalke
Just read on the forum about your new acquisition. Congrats
It's a great buy. I personally love this car and absolutely love the gadgets and gizmos that come standard with it. It's only the skoda A.S.S. that I am against.

When you say "Try focussing on your work" ? Are you telling me to stop logging on to team-bhp?

Everyone has work to be attended to. Including me. And I log on in my spare time. Like most members here.

What exactly are you implying ?
Old 11th April 2009, 17:54   #93
BHPian

Demon:thats ok no hard feelings.

BP:Any updates on the bluetooth connectivity?
Old 14th April 2009, 15:12   #94
BHPian

BP:What's the FE you are getting in city traffic?
Old 14th April 2009, 15:28   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Well its a really sad joke,instead try focussing on your work,it will help you over there dont waste your energy on stupid scripts like this!
He has paid close to 22L for this car,please stop demoralising.
Kedar,please stop over reacting and have some sense of humor

D3mon had written it in a lighter vein to throw light on the shabby A.S.S of Skoda which has been highlighted time and again in so many threads.

I sincerely hope Boring Prof doesnt go thru hell
Old 14th April 2009, 15:53   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Kedar,please stop over reacting and have some sense of humor

D3mon had written it in a lighter vein to throw light on the shabby A.S.S of Skoda which has been highlighted time and again in so many threads.

I sincerely hope Boring Prof doesnt go thru hell
Joy,the time you own a 22 L car and people tell you that you have made a mistake,please let me know how it feels!
Agreed SKoda dealers are notorious but its not only them there is Honda too.
Old 14th April 2009, 16:00   #97
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your buy....
Old 14th April 2009, 16:30   #98
Senior - BHPian

If one buys a car from a known troublemaker manufacturer, surely there is no pity deserved?

If someone complains about spurious parts in his 2009 Superb said person bought after reading through all the horror stories here, I for one, can only say "Told you so."

I was told the paintshop quality for the Honda service center here is bad and they overcharge. I still gave it there and found out to my own fault. I have nobody to blame but myself. If people make fun of my car's shoddy paintjob, I still have nobody to blame but myself. They however, haven't stolen my brake discs and attempted to murder me.
Old 14th April 2009, 16:54   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Joy,the time you own a 22 L car and people tell you that you have made a mistake,please let me know how it feels!
Kedar - I think that was the A.S.S mentioned and nothing to do with the quality of the car.Maybe then I have missed something.

Also,it has nothing to do whether the value is 22L or 1L.A mistake is a mistake.

Last edited by joy_swift : 14th April 2009 at 16:56.
Old 14th April 2009, 17:29   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
If one buys a car from a known troublemaker manufacturer, surely there is no pity deserved?

If someone complains about spurious parts in his 2009 Superb said person bought after reading through all the horror stories here, I for one, can only say "Told you so."
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Also,it has nothing to do whether the value is 22L or 1L.A mistake is a mistake.
Should I read it like this..

"If you have anything to do with Skoda and have decided to buy a Skoda do not expect any support as you you have done it at your own risk!"

or

" Since all Skoda cars are lemons or are turned into ones once they visit one of their authorized dealers, please do not post any queries for the same, unless they are help us in "

I think we are not going in the right direction there.

We all agree that a lot of owners have been taken for a ride and had to face uncalled for agony and expenses due to the pathetic and almost criminal behaviour of Skoda and its dealers. So we hate Skoda for this and are vocal about this.

That does not call for existing and prospective users of their cars to be treated like this in a mature forum like this. If this is limited to the sense of humor we are all for it and do need an occassional laugh, but not at the expense of our fellow BHpians' feelings.
Old 14th April 2009, 19:52   #101
Senior - BHPian

My tone was wrong in the previous post. For that, I apologize.

I did not mean I would not help someone out in trouble. No matter who the manufacturer of the car is, I'll still do whatever I can. But I still wouldn't feel sorry for the guy. I guess that's just how I am.
Old 14th April 2009, 20:13   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringProf View Post
Part 2/3, didnt realize I clicked so many. One more post for the last few.

and dont stare at the wife !
extremely funny , professor ! sense of humor well taken, though your car is swell !
Old 14th April 2009, 20:48   #103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringProf View Post

- In-dash Multi Function Display is very nice, with lots of configurable stuff- Coming home and leaving home light settings, convenience settings, Lots of trip data
Hi Guys,What is this feature all about?
Old 14th April 2009, 20:57   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi Guys,What is this feature all about?
When you walk towards your car and unlock using the remote, all lights around the car illuminate like headlamp/puddle lamps to guide you towards the car in the dark. Similarly when you walk out of the car and lock it, the lights illuminate for a few seconds so that you can see where you are walking in the dark. The multi function display allows you to program which lights should turn on and for how long.
Old 17th April 2009, 23:48   #105

Coming Home/leaving home etc.

Coming home lights, leaving home lights are cool. BTW the night time experience of this car is fabulous!

The Adaptive HeadLights (AHL) are wow! Basically the primary Xenon headlights move left and right when turning. Also they move up and down depending on speed.

A secondary pair of non-xenon headlamps selectively illuminate the extreme corners when turning at slower speeds, this is also very very useful, helped me avoid rocks and construction debris piled up on every corner nowadays.

Also very cool is the internal lighting- all 4 footwells, red lights on all 4 doors, puddle lamps (lighting the ground when door open) on all doors, cabin lights in front and rear.

There is also a pair of 'cat-eye' leds, just ahead of the center rearview mirror which stays on at night during driving. These illuminate the centre console, gear shift area.

I'll try to take night photos next.

Update on Bluetooth- NONE! I havent gone back to the dealer yet.

There is a left rearview mirror down (while reversing) feature that i cant figure out how to set. RTFM and Google not helping :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks