Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2018, 12:38   #1606
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
I got the 60K service done at MSM last month and the total bill amount was Rs 13K (including EGR cleaning).

For the last 2 days, I'm hearing a thud/clink clank noise from the front wheels when I negotiate pot holes.

What could be the culprit? Link Rod (or) Shocks?

Can someone help?
I also experienced similar Issue recently in my Ritz VDI. There was a rumbling sort of noise or a thud noise which going over Potholes or Speed Breakers.

Maruti inspected and stated that there is Play developed in the Front Suspension.
Both Link Rods, One Side Strut and Stabilizer Bar Bush was replaced which got rid of the noise.

Though replacing Shocks was suggested as last resort if the noise didn't go away.

Last edited by abhi3284 : 8th February 2018 at 12:39. Reason: Add data
abhi3284 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2018, 12:41   #1607
BHPian

i am also a proud owner of Ritz VDI. And over a period of 7 years the car has been driven for around 75000 kilometers. The running would have easily crossed 1 lakh mark had i not got a new honda diesel. But believe me that the ownership has been fantastic all these years. I try to sneak out with this rocket whenever possible. Initially, when the car was serviced at one of the dealer network, the service bills would run really high. Touching 10-12 thousand every-time. But then i switched over to one of the Maruti Authorized service stations near my home and then the bills dropped to less than half. The main reason i see here is that the advisers here do not scare you away by proposing useless value additions. Infact, i asked them if the brake shoe needs replacement to which they said that it would last another thirty thousand kilometers.

I also felt the rumbling sound at around Sixty thousand mark. Changed the shocker mounts, link rods and some rubber bush along the stabilizer bar. The total cost was around 2700.
su1978 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 02:34   #1608
Senior - BHPian

Almost nearing 5 years of ownership with my Ritz VDI with 73000kms on Odo. 12 days back, the car stalled while running. The malfunction indicator light showed up. I had to call the emergency assistance and they cancelled the error codes and let go. Next day, again stalled while running that too inside the city traffic. The car's SVS light (check engine light) blinking and malfunction indicator also glowing. Few minutes later, both disappeared and I was able to reach home with the car. Maruti service took the car to the workshop (Popular, Muvattupuzha) and left the car for 2 days there. They claims that there is an earth wire connected to ECM which was disconnected internally and that was the reason car get stalled. Anyways, the service team took the car for a ride through the surrounding areas for 55kms or so and verified that the problem is resolved. I hope the Ritz VDI will run fine and be reliable. These are the error codes shown in Maruti's OBD scanner:

The first time when only malfunction indicator glowed and car stalled:
1. P0685 ECM Power Relay
2. P0090 Fuel Press Reg
3. P0657 Actuator Supply Volt A

The second time, when Check Engine Light (SVS) blinking and Malfunction indicator ON, following codes were shown:
1. P0657 Actuator Supply Volt A
2. P0685 ECM Power Relay

This car is completely stock, no electricals or anything touched, serviced at the dealer service only. However, 45 days back, battery was replaced due to acid leak under warranty (EXIDE). New battery is connected.

Now, the problem is resolved. But, wonder about the diagnostics of the Maruti ASC. Total bill came out around Rs6000, including a front suspension job (stabilizer bar bushes etc).

Overall, this was a nightmarish experience when you get stalled randomly especially in the night time and since the modern cars are all sensor controlled, not much can be done by the workshops opened during the night time.
Old 14th August 2018, 16:04   #1609
BANNED

What is the rear wiper size of Ritz Zdi?

Is it 12" or 14"?
Old 13th September 2018, 14:30   #1610
Senior - BHPian

My Ritz VDI has completed 5 years plus. Bad news is, few days back I noticed some oil leak and today, took the car to Popular Maruti,Muvattupuzha. They showed me, oil leaking from turbo streaming through the sump area. a small puddle of oil I noticed earlier in the parking area. Since, they cannot repair turbo, can only replace them and total cost is roughly 23000 as per them. However, I got a turbo repair centre's number in Kochi, and the mechanic is saying, for oil leak, they will replace the "core" of the turbo with new one and they give guarantee. I'm puzzled whether to move with repairing turbo or not. Popular Maruti Service, Muvattupuzha SA said that the oil leak is significant and I've to top the oil in order to not cause any trouble to the engine. He is telling to avoid long trips. Can anyone suggest a good and reliable, able mechanic for turbo repair in Kochi or anywhere near by.

EDIT: No whistle sound or any suspecting noises except slight increase in the diesel clatter sound.

Thanks.

Last edited by deepclutch : 13th September 2018 at 14:31.
Old 13th September 2018, 16:48   #1611
Senior - BHPian

Are they sure that it is not the gasket that has gone bad? If it is a gasket, then it is a pretty easy fix. Do you have some pictures?
Old 14th September 2018, 07:54   #1612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Are they sure that it is not the gasket that has gone bad? If it is a gasket, then it is a pretty easy fix. Do you have some pictures?
I am taking the car to another workshop today, to re-check. Yes, I have got some photos, but it is not clear. As per Popular Maruti, the leak originates from Turbocharger and not from hoses or other related area.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20180913_121420.resized.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20180913_121425.resized.jpg  

Old 16th September 2018, 06:37   #1613
Distinguished - BHPian

Our Ritz was sold off after serving us for 8 years and 5 months exactly. It was a VXi. It has run close to 80K kms but the engine was still smooth. The earlier 1.2L K Series engines were superb unlike the VVTi ones.

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img_20180916_063150.jpg

It's been replaced by a new S-Cross Alpha in premium silver.
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-img20180915wa0066.jpg
BoneCollector is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 12:10   #1614
BHPian

Great upgrade.

Even I'm thinking of parting ways with my 5 year old Ritz Zxi. It has done just about 26000 in bumper to bumper Bangalore traffic. Better half has developed some back issues, so need to get an automatic.

Wishing you happy and safe thousands of miles on this one.
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 20:18   #1615
BHPian

Just sold my Ritz VDi after doing 1,11,000 Kms and 7.5 years of trouble free ownership. It was still driving as smooth as ever and looked good to go another 1 lakh Km atleast.
jbpanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2018, 01:57   #1616
BHPian

Does the base variant come with rear headrests?

Because I literally can’t stand to have another one of those mini heart attacks when I try to lay my head back and rest while Ubering home after a long day at work... Only to find nothing!
Old 22nd September 2018, 12:26   #1617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
What is the rear wiper size of Ritz Zdi?

Is it 12" or 14"?
Must be 10 inch

I just replaced the rubber part of wiper with a 12 inch Bosch wiper. I had to cut a small portion.

Reference pic (below one is 12 inch) :

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-mvimg_20180922_12050401.jpeg
Klub Class is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 13:58   #1618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I am taking the car to another workshop today, to re-check. Yes, I have got some photos, but it is not clear. As per Popular Maruti, the leak originates from Turbocharger and not from hoses or other related area.
UPDATE:
I drove the car with the problem of slight oil leak from turbocharger for almost 2 months. Popular MASS, Muvattupuzha quoted around Rs 23000 for whole turbo assembly replacement. Another independent MASS quoted 18000. On a friend's insistence, I visited a reputed local workshop. They replaced turbo assembly and the total cost came to Rs 13,000. A reduction of cost because the old turbocharger was exchanged for new replacement. Now, the vehicle is running smooth. But, my Ritz VDI exactly after 5 years of ownership developed - sensor problem which was resolved, Turbo failure. Add to this the replacement of 4 tyres for Michelin XM2. I hope Ritz will run smooth, at least now.
deepclutch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 17:09   #1619
BHPian

As quoted in the official review - "Ride quality at low speeds is bumpy", this is a nagging problem for me. My city runabouts are mostly on imperfect roads. Due to the lateral body roll and poor ride I feel more strained in Ritz Petrol compared to other cars.

What are the ways I can improve the ride quality?
I recently replaced the stock tyres with 185/70 R14 Yokohama Earth 1 and have run about 3K KMs. Though this has improved the ride, I am looking for any other mods which can improve it. Just trying to extend my ownership a bit long :-)
Old 17th November 2018, 21:35   #1620
Senior - BHPian

@deepclutch, good to know.

@anthusiast, maintain a slightly lesser tire pressure than what you currently maintain and see how that works out for you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks