Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2013, 13:32   #976
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is this the first set of tyres that came with the car from the factory? How is old is the car?

My first tyres that came with the car was changed at 61000 kms and now running on the second set. I'm still on the stock size 165/80 R14 with the mileage at present at 98000 kms. Tyres on mycar are Bridgestone S 248 ones.

As for you it is Michelin's all the way. No doubt about them. Go with it.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Yes, they are still on factory tires (JK Tornado's), tires have never been replaced. Bridgestone apparently has a better sidewall when compared to michellins, hence the confusion.
Old 13th August 2013, 22:00   #977
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Yes, they are still on factory tires (JK Tornado's), tires have never been replaced. Bridgestone apparently has a better sidewall when compared to michellins, hence the confusion.
Agree on that but overall ride quality and performance with safety also is better on the Michelin's.

If you can take care and ride cautiously over speed breakers or potholes then the sidewall problem will not be an issue. Keep the air pressures right and with regular wheel balancing and alignment, you are good to go.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 10:54   #978
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking to replace my 64000 , 3.5 year JK tire with something else. The tread still remains but the horrible monsoon has caused the tires to go out of shape and the tire now causes a jumpy feeling. I have been asked to replace the tires. I am looking at 185/70R14.

I am currently debating between bridgestone ER60 at 4550/tire and XM2 at 4800/tire.

Any suggestions?
Depends on your driving style and the roads you frequent on. XM2 is slightly better in terms of ride quality and I personally felt is much more "silent" compared to Turanza. But not really suited for spirited runs on less than perfect roads. Again from my experience ER 60 is not as prone to side wall cuts as XM2 and for me offers slightly better wet grip than XM2.I don't think you will repent on chosing either.

Last edited by JoeMichael : 14th August 2013 at 10:56.
JoeMichael is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 12:19   #979
Senior - BHPian

Thank you anurag and JM.

There is also an old discussion here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2918972 and I am catching up on that to come to a conclusion. A lot of people are preferring the ER 60 over the Michellins.
Old 14th August 2013, 20:02   #980
BANNED

Quote:
I am catching up on that to come to a conclusion. A lot of people are preferring the ER 60 over the Michellins.
I have heard all positive reviews and not many have said about the side wall burst issue. I like the Michelin tyres overall and will recommend to all who are looking for an upgrade from stock.

For that matter I am still on stock for the past 98K kms and the brand I have chosen again for the second set of tyres is Bridgestone

Please update your final decision and price you pay for the new tyres and what is the money you get for the used ones (if they give).

May the best tyre win!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 17:21   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I'm still on the stock size 165/80 R14 with the mileage at present at 98000 kms. Tyres on mycar are Bridgestone S 248 ones.
Cheers,
Anurag.
Can you please let me know how good is S 248 compared to the factory fitted JK's in terms of road noise and grip?
Old 18th August 2013, 17:44   #982
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
Can you please let me know how good is S 248 compared to the factory fitted JK's in terms of road noise and grip?
I have not driven any Ritz till date with the JK's ON. I had an option of JK or Bridgestone so chose Bridgestone after reading the reviews here.

As far as the S 248 is it is a good tyre. No problems faced apart from 2 punctures. It has stayed well without any fuss. The stock tyres that came with the car lasted for 61000 kms and the second set is on. Still good for long time.

The compound is harder so wear and tear is low. I recommend the S 248 any day if you are not looking for an upgrade and are OK with the stock tyres (165/80 R14).

Cheers,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 18:00   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Factory fitted JK's are actually decent. The road noise difference b/w jk's and bridgstones will not be much (the bridgestones are a tad better though).
Grip wise, you will not appreciate a difference during normal drives. Please note, I have no idea of wet grip, since I have driven a stock Vxi ritz on stock jk's and another with bridgestones only in dry conditions for a period of 1 month.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 19:07   #984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post

Factory fitted JK's are actually decent. The road noise difference b/w jk's and bridgstones will not be much (the bridgestones are a tad better though).
Grip wise, you will not appreciate a difference during normal drives. Please note, I have no idea of wet grip, since I have driven a stock Vxi ritz on stock jk's and another with bridgestones only in dry conditions for a period of 1 month.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Just to clarify are you talking about s248 or the ER60?
Old 18th August 2013, 19:28   #985
BHPian

Quote:

S248.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 19:40   #986
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From what I've experienced, the ER 60 is not really comparable to s248. Get ER 60 in 185 if you can.
SLK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 22:04   #987
BHPian

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I am pondering over various options at this point. I've driven my VDi for more than 47000 Kms on stock JK. The tyres still have decent tread left but I am concerned about safety issues about running on old tyres above 40k kms.

Though JKs have had only one puncture tyre noise is one concern for me and hence considering Bridgestone as replacement.

I am confused between S248 and ER 60. My concerns with ER 60 (apart from obvious higher price) are- can I go for for ER 60 on stock rims?
Also, will I be able to put back the wheel cap with wider tyres or will it rub on to the tyres? You know those black stock rims without caps looks pretty ugly
Old 18th August 2013, 23:36   #988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
From what I've experienced, the ER 60 is not really comparable to s248. Get ER 60 in 185 if you can.
Thank you SLK

Quote:
Thanks to everyone for the replies. I am pondering over various options at this point. I've driven my VDi for more than 47000 Kms on stock JK. The tyres still have decent tread left but I am concerned about safety issues about running on old tyres above 40k kms.

Though JKs have had only one puncture tyre noise is one concern for me and hence considering Bridgestone as replacement.

I am confused between S248 and ER 60. My concerns with ER 60 (apart from obvious higher price) are- can I go for for ER 60 on stock rims?
Also, will I be able to put back the wheel cap with wider tyres or will it rub on to the tyres? You know those black stock rims without caps looks pretty ugly
pacman, stock rims can take a max tire width of 185. so you are safe. if you want to go wider than that you will have to move to alloys.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 15:36   #989
BHPian

So I picked up the Ritz Zxi this last Friday. I was wondering if I should upgrade from JK Alloys that I got with it. What are my options? And how much do I have to pay if I exchange it! The usage will be 90% City and 10% Highway!
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 11:52   #990
BHPian

Quote:

ER60 is a much more modern tyre than S248. But under normal use , especially in good roads, the difference except noise levels wont be immediately noticed. In terms roadgrip(Wet and Dry) ER60 is quite better than s248, so if you feel the need for speed once a while don't think twice go for ER60. Wheel caps won't be a problem - It would fit 185 as well.
JoeMichael is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks