Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2009, 16:49   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionrider View Post
I will try another A.S.S to have my default immobilizer code changed.

Mumbai is more congested than Delhi so 9 to 10kmpl is more or less fine. I have stayed in Mumbai for 24 years so I know how bad the traffic can be at times. Do you get a higher figure when you are on the highways eg. Mumbai to Pune expressway?
yes, mumbai is more congested.

on trips too pune through the mumbai-pune express highway, i get around 11-12 kmpl. reasons? i start with the mumbai traffic & then enter the expressway where speeds are 130-150 kmph & then meet the pune traffic!
have clocked a highest mileage of 16 kmpl once on the same trip at 80 kmph constant & no AC.
Old 21st May 2009, 17:03   #62
BHPian

16kmpl at a constant speed of 80kmph is a very good mileage to prove what the vehicle is capable of achieving. I used to get something similar on my Maruti zen when driving at around 60kmph.
Old 22nd May 2009, 09:45   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
16kmpl at a constant speed of 80kmph is a very good mileage to prove what the vehicle is capable of achieving. I used to get something similar on my Maruti zen when driving at around 60kmph.
Just a difference of petrol and diesel here in this case then. So is it cheaper to run than petrol cars ?
Old 22nd May 2009, 13:31   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Just a difference of petrol and diesel here in this case then. So is it cheaper to run than petrol cars ?
nopes, not necessary. this figure is under 'standard test condtions'. i was alone in the car with minimal luggage, the AC was off & as soon as i entered the express highway, i set the cruise control at 80 kmph. braking was minimal too as slowing down was controlled with cruise control itself. nobody drives like this normally!
Old 26th May 2009, 15:35   #65
BHPian

Guys a sad thing happened today. While my car was parked overnight some jerk rubbed this rear view mirror slicing the paint from left rear cladding and the area near the fuel cap.
Old 27th May 2009, 10:17   #66
BANNED

Q to m-Hawked friends.

Friends,

Do you frequently/regularly use Cruise control, if Use, when and where?

Thanks,
Old 27th May 2009, 10:54   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Friends,

Do you frequently/regularly use Cruise control, if Use, when and where?

Thanks,
yes, atleast i do use. on the mumbai pune express highway, thats it! i usually set it at 130 kmph, thats the ideal speed for that highway, except for the ghats of course.
also, automatic headlights are used only on that highway because of tunnels coming up every now & then.
Old 27th May 2009, 11:48   #68
BHPian

hi agbenny

My driving is 90% city and 10% highway. There is no way that you can use cruise control in busy city traffic. However if you are more of a highway cruiser then cruise control is handy gadget to have.
Old 27th May 2009, 13:03   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys a sad thing happened today. While my car was parked overnight some jerk rubbed this rear view mirror slicing the paint from left rear cladding and the area near the fuel cap.
Thats sad to hear Passionrider, nothing hurts more than a scratch done when the vehicle is parked safely. These morons cant stand others cars.

This is one thing which is preventing me to purchase scorpio, as I dont have parking inside and I cant take the risk of parking it on the road where morons will steal, scratch, play with the car when I am not inside it.
Old 27th May 2009, 13:07   #70
BHPian

I guess we have to live with it. Precisely that is the reason why I am not spending my money buying a Beemer Haha.
Old 28th May 2009, 11:37   #71
BHPian

Attaching a pic of the damage. Any idea how I can negate the effect.

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
I have been 'm-Hawked'-p5240349.jpg  

Old 28th May 2009, 11:45   #72
Senior - BHPian

@passionride: scratches seem to be deep, i guess touchup is the only option.
Old 28th May 2009, 11:49   #73
BHPian

Hi friends, I know this is pending for a while but I am finally attaching some pictures of my Scorpio. Do share your feedback.

The first image shows the gear lock provided by Mahindra. Notice the sleeve of the gear lever has to be kept pulled down to accomodate the gear lock else it will tear through the sleeve.

The 2nd image shows the foot mats that I got from Mahindra. The transparent mat over the foot mat is what I purchased after-market. It is better than those paekypoda ones and has little ribs below it to grip the carpet better.

The 4th image is the console. Remote fuel flap opener and defogger are standard on my model i.e SLE. The slot in between is nice for holding my Blackberry when I am travelling. The 2 unused buttons are for the Micro-Hybrid and Auto headlamp feature which is available in the VLX model.

The 5th image is the steering wheel height adjustment lever.

6th/7th/8th are those of seat covers I added. Art leather.

9th image is that of theatre style dimming cabin lights. Notice the timer setting. Also each of 2 utility lights can be adjusted and used for focussed lighting either for the middle row or front row passengers.

more pics to follow....
Attached Thumbnails
I have been 'm-Hawked'-p5240331.jpg  

I have been 'm-Hawked'-p5240332.jpg  

I have been 'm-Hawked'-p5240333.jpg  

I have been 'm-Hawked'-p5240334.jpg  

I have been 'm-Hawked'-p5240335.jpg  

I have been 'm-Hawked'-p5240336.jpg  

I have been 'm-Hawked'-p5240337.jpg  

I have been 'm-Hawked'-p5240338.jpg  

I have been 'm-Hawked'-p5240339.jpg  

I have been 'm-Hawked'-p5240340.jpg  

Old 28th May 2009, 11:52   #74
BHPian

@badboyscad - yes it indeed is. You can see the plastic cladding as all layers of paint seem to have been ripped off. My only concern is when they do a touch-up with a brush, the color never matches and it still looks odd and out of place.
Old 28th May 2009, 12:08   #75
BHPian

Continuing with the pics -

The hand brake lever is chunky and easy is operate. Power window controls are at the centre between the 2 front row seats as you all must be aware by now.

The AC vents are with vertical fins in the Refresh model. The flow of air in each vent can controlled by a circular knob at the bottom of the vent

The 4th image show the power-window controls on the back doors. These 2 can be deactivated using the switch in Image-2.

5th image - Handle for grip. Notice the protusion - I guess it for hanging a coat without a hanger.

6th image - Multifunction lighting switch. Fog lamps are also operated using the inner circular lever of this switch.

7th image - Chunky steering wheel. No need for cover as the grip is good enough. On the extreme right of the image is the electrically operated left and right side rear view mirror adjuster. This is electrically operated in the REFRESH model as against manual operation in older models.

8th image - the front door pocket. The space is good enough to keep a small magazine etc. The rear right netted portion is the slot for the front speaker. Notice there is no seperate lock lever. The door handle when depressed acts as a door lock.

9th image - Rear bummper with integrated foot step. Reflectors in the bumper. You also see a small camera for reversing integrated in the number plate. Look carefully under the letter 'B'

10th image - Front view

More pics to follow ......
Attached Thumbnails
I have been 'm-Hawked'-p5240341.jpg  

I have been 'm-Hawked'-p5240342.jpg  

I have been 'm-Hawked'-p5240343.jpg  

I have been 'm-Hawked'-p5240344.jpg  

I have been 'm-Hawked'-p5240346.jpg  

I have been 'm-Hawked'-p5240347.jpg  

I have been 'm-Hawked'-p5240348.jpg  

I have been 'm-Hawked'-p5240350.jpg  

I have been 'm-Hawked'-p5240351.jpg