Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2009, 11:06   #91
BHPian

Yes I purchased the Rear view mirror too. The stock mirror is too small and I wanted something bigger. This Rear view mirror cum TFT screen solved my purpose well. It also serves as my bluetooth handsfree device paired with my Blackberry. It can pair with 1 phone at a time and shows the CLI (the rear view mirror becomes blue and displays the number in white color) when there in an incoming call.

Yes I got 4 speakers, 280Watts each, along with the stereo. Lajpat Nagar market, New Delhi
Old 29th May 2009, 20:22   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

passionrider saw a whole lot of pictures of your Scorpio. Liked the accessories. there's a wide choice in Delhi. Where did you get the rear view mirror from? Does it help in reversing?
Old 30th May 2009, 15:13   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionrider View Post
Yes I purchased the Rear view mirror too. The stock mirror is too small and I wanted something bigger. This Rear view mirror cum TFT screen solved my purpose well. It also serves as my bluetooth handsfree device paired with my Blackberry. It can pair with 1 phone at a time and shows the CLI (the rear view mirror becomes blue and displays the number in white color) when there in an incoming call.

Yes I got 4 speakers, 280Watts each, along with the stereo. Lajpat Nagar market, New Delhi
Thats good, if I zero in on scorpio, then would get in touch with you for the stuff you have got. Nice choice and end result.
Old 31st May 2009, 01:31   #94
BHPian

Hi Anjan

I got the rear view TFT mirror from the local Lajpat Nagar market in New Delhi. This is with bill and carries a 6-month warranty and costs Rs.7200/- along with night vision camera. This is a great help and better as compared to parking sensors since I can actually see in real time what is behind my car while I reverse. The side mirrors and reverse camera system is all that I need to now reverse my car. It helps in parking in my colony where there are tight bends and plenty of cars parked along the narrow lanes.

Passionrider.
Old 31st May 2009, 20:43   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Anjan

I got the rear view TFT mirror from the local Lajpat Nagar market in New Delhi. This is with bill and carries a 6-month warranty and costs Rs.7200/- along with night vision camera. This is a great help and better as compared to parking sensors since I can actually see in real time what is behind my car while I reverse. The side mirrors and reverse camera system is all that I need to now reverse my car. It helps in parking in my colony where there are tight bends and plenty of cars parked along the narrow lanes.

Passionrider.
Hi and Thanks passionrider for the details. I'll shop for one too. Whats the brand name?
Actually,most places we go to have narrow lanes and cars and bikes aplenty parked all over. So this gadget is befitting for the monster SUV.
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:05   #96
BHPian

It is a chinese product imported by various importers. This one is from 'Leuci' but as such it is available with different names in different packings in different shops. I will send you a photograph of the box.
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:07   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Thats good, if I zero in on scorpio, then would get in touch with you for the stuff you have got. Nice choice and end result.
Sure you can get in touch with me. Thanks again.
Old 2nd June 2009, 20:02   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is a chinese product imported by various importers. This one is from 'Leuci' but as such it is available with different names in different packings in different shops. I will send you a photograph of the box.
Thanks passionrider.OK will be awaiting the photograph sure.
Old 3rd June 2009, 11:49   #99
BHPian

2200 KMs update

I continue to enjoy the ride more with each passing day. The slight rattle/clanking sound on the Gear Lock in higher revs continues. It dies once the rpm is below 1800.Turning radius is great and continues to impress me as I negotiate tight corners and bends.

Fuel Efficiency: Has improved to 9.57kmpl once She touched 1600kms and now further improved to 10.25kmpl now that she has crossed 2200kms. I have kind of contributed to the increase by driving on a 'lighter foot' . All this with the Airconditioning ON for 100% of the time and driving in city traffic. Tyre pressure is kept to 32psi even when travelling with 5 Adults and 1 child.

Aircon: New Delhi temperatures are touching 43c and the Aircon continues to be effective. Speed 2 is normally used by me. It takes upto 15 mins for the cabin to cool down if the car has been parked in the scorching sun. Otherwise it is less than 5 minutes.

Headlights: I find the stock headlamps to be just OK. A headlamp upgrade is definitely on the cards now.
Old 3rd June 2009, 12:05   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Headlights: I find the stock headlamps to be just OK. A headlamp upgrade is definitely on the cards now.
I suggest you go for the Philips 130/100 halogens with a heavy duty wiring harness(with ceramic holders).

I've just upgraded my headlamps and these are really really bright.
Old 3rd June 2009, 12:16   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2200 KMs update
thats good driving, you seem to be taking your beast for a good ride. You mentioned that the mirror cum camera screen can be used as a player as well ? I am not sure just asking, if it can be then wont it hamper while you are driving ?
Old 3rd June 2009, 12:46   #102
BHPian

hi badboyscad,

I read somewhere in the forum that 130/100 would 'blacken' the reflectors of the Scorpio in the long run. Further the bulbs dont last for more than a year. Is it really the case?
Old 3rd June 2009, 14:08   #103
BHPian

Hi tanwaramit, yes it can be used as TFT screen for a DVD player and will certainly hamper driving. I havent connected it and dont even plan to use it for that purpose as it can be very dangerous while driving.
Old 3rd June 2009, 17:02   #104
BHPian

Passionrider,

Thanks for all your inputs on the entire process of buying and owning.

I have just booked a Scorpio VLX mHawk at Koncept as well, eagerly awaiting delivery.

Meanwhile am doing the document collection and rounds at banks for finance.

Hopefully, by next week I too will be proud Scorpio owner in Delhi
Old 3rd June 2009, 19:34   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
2200 KMs update

I continue to enjoy the ride more with each passing day. The slight rattle/clanking sound on the Gear Lock in higher revs continues. It dies once the rpm is below 1800.Turning radius is great and continues to impress me as I negotiate tight corners and bends.

Fuel Efficiency: Has improved to 9.57kmpl once She touched 1600kms and now further improved to 10.25kmpl now that she has crossed 2200kms. I have kind of contributed to the increase by driving on a 'lighter foot' . All this with the Airconditioning ON for 100% of the time and driving in city traffic. Tyre pressure is kept to 32psi even when travelling with 5 Adults and 1 child.

Aircon: New Delhi temperatures are touching 43c and the Aircon continues to be effective. Speed 2 is normally used by me. It takes upto 15 mins for the cabin to cool down if the car has been parked in the scorching sun. Otherwise it is less than 5 minutes.

Thanks passionrider for the short but point wise review. I agree with all your views but feel that the stock headlights are just OK. I am also maintaining tyre pressure of 32 psi as per the manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car.lover View Post
Passionrider,

Thanks for all your inputs on the entire process of buying and owning.

I have just booked a Scorpio VLX mHawk at Koncept as well, eagerly awaiting delivery.

Meanwhile am doing the document collection and rounds at banks for finance.

Hopefully, by next week I too will be proud Scorpio owner in Delhi
Welcome to the beasty Scorpio family. Hope to see its pictures and read reviews soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks