Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2009, 07:22   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman77 View Post
Hi Umang,

Any more updates on your Safari? When are you planning the Bangalore trip?

I too just booked a Safari GX ( Pearl White Single tone) 4X2 and am eagerly waiting for it to arrive
Congratulations Anshuman.

My Safari has been through is 1500Kms service, without any hitch. The guys at Swati Automobiles were great and I had absolutely no issues.

They did not comment on the wind noise from the front left window at speeds over 70 KMs/ hour though

I am leaving A'bad on the 19th and should be in B'lore on the 20th till the 29th.
Old 16th June 2009, 15:29   #92
BHPian

Hi guys.

Am planning to buy the GX in a few days. Need advice/opinions on a few things:
1.) Heard there will be a rate cut of upto Rs.20,000/- on vehicle with CC of 2000 & above very shortly.Any idea whether this will happen & if so by when.......
2.) Confused as to which color to buy...... Prefer single tone......... like the gold, wonder which white will look good (pearl or artic)
3.) Don't like the faux wood central console, can it be changed....

But the biggest dilema is whether to go in for the EX 4X4 or GX 4X2. Would love to have a 4wd even though wont use it much, but would be useful to get out of sticky situations.
Old 16th June 2009, 16:44   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
yes, its called the roof rail.

WOW, you are making complete use of your SUV... like i did with mine... here is a pic!
Wow Raj, i guess you gave the Aircraft a miss and flew off in your Scorp only....
Old 16th June 2009, 16:51   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
3.) Don't like the faux wood central console, can it be changed....
Yes it can be changed and costs around 2k at dealership and maybe even less if you can find it in outside market.

Quote:
But the biggest dilema is whether to go in for the EX 4X4 or GX 4X2. Would love to have a 4wd even though wont use it much, but would be useful to get out of sticky situations.
Please think well as to what kind of places you will be going or what kind of usage and if it makes sense then buy 4x4.

Its of course added advantage even on steep inclines,slush, sand if not hardcore off-roading.

Cheers
Old 16th June 2009, 16:58   #95
Senior - BHPian

[quote=sidcruise79;1349127]Hi guys.

Am planning to buy the GX in a few days. Need advice/opinions on a few things:
1.) Heard there will be a rate cut of upto Rs.20,000/- on vehicle with CC of 2000 & above very shortly.Any idea whether this will happen & if so by when.......

Sid, the ratecut should happen post the budget which is slated for the 6th July, if the recommendation made by the min of heavy industries is accpted by the Finance Minister.
Old 16th June 2009, 17:18   #96
BHPian

Just spoke to the TML salesman. He says GX is available in 4 dual tone colors and in single tone, only in Pearl white.

Bummer i wish they had retained the Walnut gold for the GX.
Old 16th June 2009, 18:35   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post
Wow Raj, i guess you gave the Aircraft a miss and flew off in your Scorp only....
LOL... i wish i could!
Old 18th June 2009, 12:03   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Just spoke to the TML salesman. He says GX is available in 4 dual tone colors and in single tone, only in Pearl white.

Bummer i wish they had retained the Walnut gold for the GX.
------------------------------

Great news, after pushing the salesman to find out if GX can be ordered in other single colors, came to know it can be done in any color and will take 12-15 days to be delivered. Am i releived.
Old 21st June 2009, 17:14   #99

Hmmm just out of curiosity..After seein those pics of the loaded luggage space in the scorpio i want to know if scorpios and safaris come with removable or foldable 2nd and 3rd row seats..So as to be able to keep a small bike or something like that...
Old 21st June 2009, 20:04   #100
Senior - BHPian

yes, the safari has a foldable second row & foldable third row side facing jump seats.

the scorpio has a foldable second row & removable third row (in the 8 seater version) or foldable third row side facing jump seats (in the 7 seater version like mine).
Old 1st July 2009, 10:16   #101
BHPian

Prices

Seriously considering the Safari, what was the on road price for the 4x2? Any discounts?
Old 1st July 2009, 12:38   #102
sps
BHPian

Congrats on your safari.
How did it perform in your trip with 11 passengers on board. Quite curious to know.
Infact I had quite an apprehension about the usability of the "jump" seats in the back.
Old 2nd July 2009, 17:05   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
Congrats on your safari.
How did it perform in your trip with 11 passengers on board. Quite curious to know.
Infact I had quite an apprehension about the usability of the "jump" seats in the back.
The trip was great. As things turned out there was an adult in the 3rd row all the time (including me, sometimes)
I have travelled quite a few times from A'bad to B'lore in a contessa, qualis, indigo and even in a cielo and this is by far the most comfortable while driving and even the space in the second row is great.

Regarding the 3rd row, we carried along a small mattress and while the adult usually sat on the seat the other seat was folded up and the childen / dogs were down on the mattress. This seemed to be the most comfortable solution. The jump seats are such that its a little difficult for 2 people (each) to sit of them for a long time. I think the jump seat design in the Qualis were longer and hence 2 people could sit there easily.

The suspension and the Aircon are great and so there was not much discomfort even in the 3rd row.

Will post a trip report shortly and maybe some pics.
Old 3rd July 2009, 17:48   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umang dutt View Post

Will post a trip report shortly and maybe some pics.
People would love to see the pictures of the seating of 11 in the Safari and post the Travelogue at the earliest with pictures.
Old 5th July 2009, 18:17   #105
BHPian

great to hear that umang... are you facing any issues with road noise, rattling etc that others so often complain about.......

I am also inching towards buying a safari now - colors been decided its gonna be walnut gold - option most probably vx 4x4 ...

lets see how it goes.....

All your inputs will help... In the meantime theres a guy who owns a tata safari 3.0 vx 4x4 in our building. Was speaking to his driver abt the vehicle.. he was saying that they use the 4x4 options while travelling on the expressway on speeds over 100 to get better grip during rains.... Is that possible???!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks