Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2009, 18:36   #106
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
All your inputs will help... In the meantime theres a guy who owns a tata safari 3.0 vx 4x4 in our building. Was speaking to his driver abt the vehicle.. he was saying that they use the 4x4 options while travelling on the expressway on speeds over 100 to get better grip during rains.... Is that possible???!!!

That's quite unlikely as the Safari 4H is not supposed to be driven over 80 km/h but if not the speed atleast using it for better grip during the rains is a likely use case!
Old 5th July 2009, 20:51   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the meantime theres a guy who owns a tata safari 3.0 vx 4x4 in our building. Was speaking to his driver abt the vehicle.. he was saying that they use the 4x4 options while travelling on the expressway on speeds over 100 to get better grip during rains.... Is that possible???!!!
as far as i have read, 4x4 is not to be engaged on smooth roads, it damages the tranny.
Old 6th July 2009, 08:22   #108
BHPian

Not had any problems with the road noise/rattling till date.

Quote:
great to hear that umang... are you facing any issues with road noise, rattling etc that others so often complain about.......

Guys sorry, but the travelogue / pics will take some time coming. My PC crashed and refuses to boot . Will try and get it fixed soon. Using the MAC partition at present. Maybe I should just switch over.
Old 6th July 2009, 11:04   #109
BHPian

Thats precisely the reason... I was surprised when he told me that the car is regularly driven over speeds of 100 engaging the 4wd during the rains... He went on further to say that the dealer has told them that this is perfectly ok
Old 13th July 2009, 11:10   #110
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Thats precisely the reason... I was surprised when he told me that the car is regularly driven over speeds of 100 engaging the 4wd during the rains... He went on further to say that the dealer has told them that this is perfectly ok
Not sure about dealers in your cities but I know in A'bad 2 out of 3 dealers don't even have a mechanic who understands 4x4 well. I once had an issue with the electronics and realised that the guys at the dealership workshop didn't know the right way to engage it or disengage it! Considering that I had to tell them how to do it it was safe to assume they couldn't sort it out

Cheers,
AVR
Old 13th July 2009, 20:21   #111
BHPian

Finally some pics from my trip to Banglore and Kabini

Road from Satara to Dharwad is simply awesome. Beautiful highway with lush greens surroundings.
My new Tata Safari GX - Cycus Grey + Artic Silver-p1010797.jpg

Some fun in the Safari
My new Tata Safari GX - Cycus Grey + Artic Silver-p1010805.jpg

My new Tata Safari GX - Cycus Grey + Artic Silver-dsc_0466.jpg

My new Tata Safari GX - Cycus Grey + Artic Silver-p1010806.jpg
Old 13th July 2009, 20:41   #112
Senior - BHPian

Umang, Not fair!

Same set of pic!

Come on, please put the rest of the pics here.

And you still owe us a travelogue.
Old 15th July 2009, 17:21   #113
BANNED

Travel exp and mileage figures

Hi,
Still waiting for your pictures of the journey and the travel mileage figures...
Old 15th July 2009, 18:58   #114
BHPian

Hi Umang,

You would have got first your first service done by now. Did you get engine oil changed in first service or not?

If yes, which oil they use?

Hope you are having fun with your Safari.

Cheers

Vivek
Old 15th July 2009, 19:27   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Umang, Not fair!

Same set of pic!

Come on, please put the rest of the pics here.

And you still owe us a travelogue.
Not much of a writer so the travelogue will be some time coming, but yeah I got a couple of pics which I will upload soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hi,
Still waiting for your pictures of the journey and the travel mileage figures...
well the total journey was around 4500kms and I got a mileage of around 10.7 with the AC on 100% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73 View Post
Hi Umang,

You would have got first your first service done by now. Did you get engine oil changed in first service or not?

If yes, which oil they use?

Hope you are having fun with your Safari.

Cheers

Vivek
I got the 1st service done at 1500 kms and NO they did not change the oil. Infact the car has now done around 7000 kms and I had taken her for some work on the window switches (one of them was not working ) and the service engineer said that there was still no need for an oil change and they would do it at the 15000km servicing.
Old 15th July 2009, 19:37   #116
BHPian

At the farm : A couple of more pics from the trip
My new Tata Safari GX - Cycus Grey + Artic Silver-dsc_0229.jpg
My new Tata Safari GX - Cycus Grey + Artic Silver-dsc_0240.jpg
Old 15th July 2009, 19:59   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umang dutt View Post
I got the 1st service done at 1500 kms and NO they did not change the oil. Infact the car has now done around 7000 kms and I had taken her for some work on the window switches (one of them was not working ) and the service engineer said that there was still no need for an oil change and they would do it at the 15000km servicing.

Did you check the service schedule - The engine oil is suppose to be changed for all the services including 1st and IInd service. I have also noted that service engineers/centers are not aware of new service schedule and also the engine oil requirement for Safari 2.2 Dicor. They just keep saying/repeating what they had been doing so far. I am concerned coz no.1 the oil is not being changed, even if they change they will put lower spec oil i.e. Castrol GTD rather then Castrol GTX Diesel. Other then performance degradation, the BIGGEST problem of all - TATA may refuse warranty claim outlining not meeting the scheduled service requirements.

Last edited by vivek.singh.73 : 15th July 2009 at 20:01.
Old 15th July 2009, 20:35   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73 View Post
Did you check the service schedule - The engine oil is suppose to be changed for all the services including 1st and IInd service. I have also noted that service engineers/centers are not aware of new service schedule and also the engine oil requirement for Safari 2.2 Dicor. They just keep saying/repeating what they had been doing so far. I am concerned coz no.1 the oil is not being changed, even if they change they will put lower spec oil i.e. Castrol GTD rather then Castrol GTX Diesel. Other then performance degradation, the BIGGEST problem of all - TATA may refuse warranty claim outlining not meeting the scheduled service requirements.
Vivek not needed to change oil until the 2nd Service and do not worry

Umang, this is not fair you need to put more pictures.
Old 16th July 2009, 08:14   #119
BHPian

Some pics from the drive from Satara to Belgaum

My new Tata Safari GX - Cycus Grey + Artic Silver-p1010795.jpg

My new Tata Safari GX - Cycus Grey + Artic Silver-p1010798.jpg

My new Tata Safari GX - Cycus Grey + Artic Silver-p1010801.jpg

Somewhere near Chittradurga

My new Tata Safari GX - Cycus Grey + Artic Silver-dsc_0438.jpg

Isn't this the reason why people buy Safari's ??

My new Tata Safari GX - Cycus Grey + Artic Silver-p1010915.jpg

Thats my stock of pics from the trip , the rest are pics of the birds and animals of Kabini. Will post some soon.
Old 16th July 2009, 09:02   #120
BANNED

Cool but some more pics please

Thank you for the pictures, but like all the others please post a few more pics of the truck....It looks so eye catching...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks