Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2009, 16:24   #76
Senior - BHPian

Front looks ugly with the crappy bull guard.

You should have gone for carryboy type and it would have gone well with black color

but just my thought
Old 18th July 2009, 18:36   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Front looks ugly with the crappy bull guard.

You should have gone for carryboy type and it would have gone well with black color

but just my thought

I don't like it too much as well, I wanted the one Tanveer has but it means going over to Karol bagh and spending a day to get it. So I got this one..more of as an excuse rather then the choice.

I needed despertely coz Noida traffic is getting terrible and you have ricks and what not trying to squeeze in everywhere. So this is my minor insurance policy and I don't have to worry abt minor touch here and there :(

Not an ideal situation but practical one, I will see if I happen to get a better choice - then thats what I am going to get.

Carryboy design is not very helpful in my situation, I need to protect against the front corners, they are most susceptible to these minor touch etc.
Old 19th July 2009, 15:16   #78
Team-BHP Support

The one I bought costed around 3700 after bargaining. Quality is excellent!
Old 20th July 2009, 09:26   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73 View Post
Carryboy design is not very helpful in my situation, I need to protect against the front corners, they are most susceptible to these minor touch etc.
You are right here. Carryboy crash guards, at least the ones I have seen do not protect the corners of the vehicle from nicks and dents as they only cover the front middle portion of the bumper. However, the other crash guards that I have seen do not suit the Safari as they look cheap and the shape too doesnt gel with the overall look of the truck.

Tough situation eh???
Old 20th July 2009, 10:36   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73 View Post
I don't like it too much as well, I wanted the one Tanveer has but it means going over to Karol bagh and spending a day to get it. So I got this one..more of as an excuse rather then the choice.
From what I could see, even the one you fixed will not protect your bumper corners, just the front part.
Old 20th July 2009, 14:25   #81
Senior - BHPian

I dont think this kind of big and untested(for crash) bull bars are good for any vehicle.

Maybe people get this done just for the fact they are more protective specially when the vehicle is new.

Once i was away in states and my brother got the similar bullbar fitted on my safari and i dint like it and i felt its very very heavy and will surely damage the chassis in case of a crash.

so i got rid of it and i dont think cycle/rickshaws are a big problem unless you are attentive and people stay away from Safari's, i have noticed that a lot.

and then we can have big horns like Stebel Nautiluses etc. plus all minor scratches can be easily mended by a coat of some nice wax based polish.

cheers

Last edited by simply_sunny001 : 20th July 2009 at 14:27.
Old 20th July 2009, 14:37   #82
BANNED

Quote:

and then we can have big horns like Stebel Nautiluses etc. plus all minor scratches can be easily mended by a coat of some nice wax based polish.

cheers
Bigger horns, please spare the others on the road. We have enough noise already....
Yes, the small nicks and dents can be easily repaired as you said.
Old 20th July 2009, 14:41   #83
Senior - BHPian

Check out godfather's thread to read about his view regarding the bull bar
Old 20th July 2009, 15:55   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Check out godfather's thread to read about his view regarding the bull bar
I hope you've also checked out Dadu's comment about that
(I tend to agree with Dadu's analysis on structural damage to Goddy's Dicor)
Old 20th July 2009, 18:08   #85
BHPian

Bull bar issue has been rested, I will re-look at it once I have some time/inclination on my hand. As I said earlier Tanveer's bull bar is one I liked the most.

Other issues - Update

1. No email response received so far based on Dadu's contacts
2. No one else called up, since I did not call up anyone so all the issues are still resting in peace@TATA

The engine has become smooth now with abt 3k KM at odo, though there is still vibration esp when its less then 2k rpm in any gear. I am hopefull once I get wurth anti rust rubberized coating+ sound deadening thing installed, it would be much quiter.

As I have spent lot of time chasing TATA on it..I was thinking is it possible to contact Wurth directly or any other workshop to get this job done. It should not affect the warranty etc at all. Any suggestion guys - anti-rust coating should be easy, I am more focussed on Sound deadening sheets and having someone who had expereince would be most helpful. I intend to get whole floor, doors, firewall and bonnet heavily dampened.

I was also looking for Castrol GTX Diesal engine oil incase I have problem with workshop stocking it, but didn't have any luck. Couldn't find Chevron Delo 400 as well..not sure where do I need to get the darn engine oil. I never thought it would be such a challange.
Old 20th July 2009, 18:20   #86
Senior - BHPian

Have you checked/contacted any other decent TASS outside Noida like AutoLink in Gurgaon ? or there are others like A-One etc ?

If you want to get this directly from Wurth, i dont think its possible or will it be good depending upon the fact that getting it done from TASS is a tried/tested method and wont be hit-n-trial.
Old 20th July 2009, 20:15   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Have you checked/contacted any other decent TASS outside Noida like AutoLink in Gurgaon ? or there are others like A-One etc ?

If you want to get this directly from Wurth, i dont think its possible or will it be good depending upon the fact that getting it done from TASS is a tried/tested method and wont be hit-n-trial.
Not yet but I think I should, I was strongly advised by the TATA regional office rep to get it done at Automobile Sterling and these guys have no clue
Old 21st July 2009, 10:06   #88
Team-BHP Support

Tata workshops mostly use API-CH4 Mobil 1000 mineral oil.
I think all workshops have it now.
Old 21st July 2009, 10:08   #89
Senior - BHPian

or GTX diesel, In my case
Old 21st July 2009, 10:38   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Tata workshops mostly use API-CH4 Mobil 1000 mineral oil.
I think all workshops have it now.
Tanveer - Auyush Motors still use GTD and even after touching base with Customer support manager - Gurgaon - He also mentioned that GTD is the right oil and if there would have been a change then they would have issued a advisories to workshops.

So I am not sure if all workshops have it !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks