Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 08:11   #406

@torqueyTND - Try to check the "Menu" options. You have an option to turn on TripB. It might be off because of which you wouldnt be seeing it.
Old 26th March 2010, 09:27   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueyTND View Post
TY Arishi1.. I know the place and will get to visit them once before i take my GP
Hopefully should refer your name there ...;-)
Sure Torquey you can give Team Bhp Refrence also. The SA is Mr Rajendran and he is a big FIAT enthusiast.
Old 29th March 2010, 13:09   #408
Senior - BHPian

Just back from the showroom and the attitude is somewhat better, though not up to GMI standards in Pune, and still a disappointment overall.
Couple of questions for those in the know:
The extended warranty for the additional 2 years, for Rs 5000, is from United India Insurance, I did not see any Fiat endorsement on it. Has everyone else that has bought this, got the same warranty? Is it good to have?
What will be different in the Euro 4 cars that will be registered post April 1, for the diesel engined ones? I thought the MJD was compliant already?
Old 29th March 2010, 13:42   #409
Distinguished - BHPian

Even I too believe that the MJD was already Euro IV ready when it was launched. Is there any price hike with reasons of upgrading to the Euro IV

Last edited by nkrishnap : 29th March 2010 at 13:44.
Old 29th March 2010, 14:24   #410
BHPian

Sawyer

I am planning to buy the Grande Punto Emotion Pack 1.3, once i am back in Pune on the 4th of April.

I will also be buying through the CSD as my DAD is ex-army.

Do keep us posted on the dealership experience & the final deal that you got
Old 29th March 2010, 16:37   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Sawyer

I am planning to buy the Grande Punto Emotion Pack 1.3, once i am back in Pune on the 4th of April.

I will also be buying through the CSD as my DAD is ex-army.

Do keep us posted on the dealership experience & the final deal that you got
BUB is good in Pune. Recently I bought Punto MJD from them. Check out my thread for buying experience:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...punto-mjd.html
Old 7th October 2012, 15:57   #412
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto Multijet Emotion PK

My car completed 53,800 kms today morning so time to crunch number's and find out the cost incurred to keep the car running smoothly. So here goes:

- On 13/08/2009 with 1415 kms on the odo, the LH external rear view mirror was replaced. A few days back I hit a pedestrian on a rainy night and the mirror casing fell off. It took the dealer about 10 days from what I remember to source the parts. Total Cost Rs. 2,388.

- On 10/09/2009 with 2,929 kms on the odo, the car goes for it's first service. CSC was replaced during that service. Total cost Rs. 0.

- On 01/12/2009 car went in for some repairs. Total Cost Rs. 4,342. I only have a manual invoice which lists labour cost and parts cost. I don't have the break up. Many times I had to accept manual invoices as invariably the dealerships system's used to be down!

- On 26/03/2010 with 14,855 ams on the odo, the car went for it's second service. Front logo was replaced after it was robbed from a mall parking. Cost for logo was Rs. 554.67. Total second service cost was Rs. 4,551.

- On 26/07/2010 with 20,767 kms on the odo, door beadings were replaced under warranty as they had come loose. Total cost Rs. 0.

- On 01/09/2010, with 22,063 kms door beadings were replaced again. Order for the spare desmodonic key was given which cost me Rs. 5,736.

- On 25/09/2010 air filter was changed as I noticed a fall in mileage. The new air filter did it's job and mileage was back to it's earlier levels. Total Cost Rs. 330

- On 31/03/2011 with 29,891 kms third service was done. No complaints. Total cost Rs. 4,928.

- On 14/09/2011 with 36,066 kms on the odo, I noticed a fall in mileage. The car was sent for air filter change. Clutch slave cylinder was changed again to a metal one. Total cost for air filter Rs. 495.

With things getting difficult at the Tata-Fiat ASC, the car was sent with my colleague everytime it had to be attended to from the 14/09/2011 visit.

- On 01/11/2011 with 39,509 kms suspension problems came in. Elastic pads & both front strut mounts were changed. Brake pads were also changed. Total cost Rs. 10,615.

- On 23/11/2011 tyres were changed, total cost Rs. 19,800.

- On 17/04/2012 with 45,162 kms on the odo it was time for the third service. Suspension problems came back. This time LH shock absorber along with link rods were changed. Elastic pads had to be changed again! Total cost of repairs plus third service Rs. 14,944.

- Gear's started getting hard with a grinding sound in the reverse. Car was sent twice to Fortune but the problem miraculously disappeared when the technicians checked it out! The third time it happened the dealer changed some clip and "Gear lever knob replace / gear lever lubricate". Total Cost Rs. 1005. This was on 02/08/2012 with 50,545 kms.

- The gear problems came back or rather were not solved. Also, door beadings got loose again. On 2/10/2012 with 53,746 kms on the odo the car goes back for the gear's issue. Clutch kit & clutch bearing were changed alongwith beadings. Rear bumper light had fallen off and it was replaced as well. Total cost Rs. 12,908.

The below chart puts things in perspective:
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto Multijet Emotion PK-screen-shot-20121007-1.14.31-pm.png  

Last edited by amit : 7th October 2012 at 16:01.
amit is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 11:39   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

With things getting difficult at the Tata-Fiat ASC, the car was sent with my colleague everytime it had to be attended to from the 14/09/2011 visit.
Is the service not upto the mark in the ASC ? Looks like several problems went unresolved ( suspension & gear related ).

Looking at only the repair bill - that looks pretty high on a per km basis !

Maybe you should look at an independent garage instead of the ASC , or are you waiting for the extended warranty to complete ?
Old 8th October 2012, 15:52   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Is the service not upto the mark in the ASC ? Looks like several problems went unresolved ( suspension & gear related ).

Looking at only the repair bill - that looks pretty high on a per km basis !

Maybe you should look at an independent garage instead of the ASC , or are you waiting for the extended warranty to complete ?
Things have gone bad at the ASC from about 1 year. Today it takes about 5-6 days to get an appointment for a repair job. Still, on the day of the appointment, it takes about 2-3 hours for the job card to be made and for the car to be taken into service.

What is worrying is that beadings have been changed twice and still they have gotten loose. I am not sure why elastic pads were changed twice. Maybe the service centre didn't know they had been changed earlier!

Quote:
On 2/10/2012 with 53,746 kms on the odo the car goes back for the gear's issue. Clutch kit & clutch bearing were changed alongwith beadings. Rear bumper light had fallen off and it was replaced as well. Total cost Rs. 12,908.
In the above repair, I also got the horn problem sorted. Sometimes I had to press the horn pad on the right for it to work and sometimes on the left. Some clips inside the horn pad were changed and things are ok now.
Old 8th October 2012, 22:35   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Things have gone bad at the ASC from about 1 year. Today it takes about 5-6 days to get an appointment for a repair job. Still, on the day of the appointment, it takes about 2-3 hours for the job card to be made and for the car to be taken into service.
Hi Amit,

Have you ever been to Fortune Cars, Powai? I don't know the service level after Fiat-Tata JV was called off but prior to that it was excellent. No issues whatsoever. I have been visiting them for almost two years now.

1. Appointment is just a call away. I have mobile no. of the service advisor and just give him a call to find out the best time to get the car in.
2. Service level is good I would say. No post service issues noticed so far. Touch wood.
3. Location of the service center could be an issue though.
4. I have clocked 53k on my car and so far the damage, apart from the regular consumables, has been:

Items covered under warranty/Ex. Warranty
- A.C. Compressor
- Wiper Motor
- CSC (Twice as rightly pointed out by you)
- Strut Mounts

Items not covered under warranty/Ex. Warranty
- A pair of Fiat Logo
- Clutch plate
- Ball Joint
- Battery
- Indicator bulb
- Wipers
- Strut Mounts/Elastic Pads (No luck second time)

That's about it.

Disclaimer: I haven't been to that place since the JV was called off so YMMV.

Last edited by Rock 'n' rollz : 8th October 2012 at 22:42.
Old 9th October 2012, 13:20   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n' rollz View Post
Hi Amit,

Have you ever been to Fortune Cars, Powai? I don't know the service level after Fiat-Tata JV was called off but prior to that it was excellent. Disclaimer: I haven't been to that place since the JV was called off so YMMV.
Service levels at Fortune, Nerul were also pretty good earlier, at times, at par with your Powai experience, it's in the last one year that things have gone worse. Maybe with falling Fiat sales, dealer's are more de-motivated hence the fall.

What is interesting to note is that car is VERY cheap to service. I have spent a little less then Rs.17,000 till now on routine services. Sure, only the fourth service was paid where I paid Rs.1200 as labour but even otherwise the servicing consumables - oil, filter etc are very well priced. The 15,000 kms service interval is doing what it was designed for - to reduce total cost of ownership. I have spent about 0.32 paise per kms in servicing to keep the car running smoothly. In fact, I have spent less money in servicing the car then I spent buying 4 tyres!

It's the repair's which have wrecked havoc with the Total cost of ownership coming to almost 0.90 paise per kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks