Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2009, 14:30   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Folks, I have recieved a quote of Rs.1,500 for Llumar sunfilms for windows and rear windsheild including labour. It's for the SR-35 Platinum series. I am swinging between Llumar and 3M. Dealer says 3M's 35 series is darker. Question is are the prices correct? It was at a reputed and trusted shop at Sector 17 Vashi, Navi Mumbai.
@amit - wow .. this deal sounds good. If you get it done and its a job well done, do post the feedback and pics of your car. Also do let us know the details of the company.

Thanks
Old 17th September 2009, 14:45   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
@amogh,

Thanks for invite, Amit Bhai, Roms let me know of your availability, we can plan for this one atleast if you guys are available.
No problem Sanjeev !! It is just a lunch meet. I am sure you can make it. Hope to see you too Amit & Roms !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
Hi Amit,

Since you are getting such a fantastic average, can you tell me what is your daily commute like? As in what avg speed / gears..

I drive from Pune Camp to Hinjewadi during peak traffic and I'm mostly in 1st or 2nd and a little in 3rd - rarely being able to cross 45. Mostly stop and go traffic till I reach Baner. In such conditions i get just about 13kmpl.
Hey Crimson !! I am surprised by your low FE.

The FE I am getting is pretty similar to what Amit's. 18 - 18+. The worst I have got is 15.5

Did you try driving with the display set to "instantaneous consumption" ? That will give you a good idea about when to upshift and downshit. I hope you use a light foot !!

Which road do you take ? If you take University Road flyover going to Pashan : the traffic is not that bad.
Old 17th September 2009, 14:54   #318
BHPian

Hi Amogh,

My route is: camp - left from GPO - staight over the bridge - esquare - baner - highway. From there its a good 15-20 mins in a horrible jam daily after the HNJ junction. Most of the time i doing 15-20 in 2nd.

On an open road at 1500 RPM - 5th I get over 27 kmpl. So i dont think there is anything wrong, but in bumper to bumper traffic the average really drops.

Lastly I use SHELL Diesel. Could that be a contributing factor?

Last edited by Crimson : 17th September 2009 at 14:58.
Old 17th September 2009, 14:59   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Amit,

Since you are getting such a fantastic average, can you tell me what is your daily commute like? As in what avg speed / gears..
Daily driving from Chembur - Thane-Belapur Road - Vashi Sec 17 / railway station - Kharghar - Chembur. I would say it's 60% highway.

Quote:
I drive from Pune Camp to Hinjewadi during peak traffic and I'm mostly in 1st or 2nd and a little in 3rd - rarely being able to cross 45. Mostly stop and go traffic till I reach Baner. In such conditions i get just about 13kmpl.
I drove once in peak Mumbai B2B traffic for almost 60kms. MID was showing 15.1kmpl then. Like Amogh said, try and keep the ICC display in the MID to help you guide get maximum efficiency. Also, use the turbo. Keep ICC on and see what happens to fuel efficiency when you lug the engine and when you use the turbo.
Old 17th September 2009, 15:06   #320
BHPian

Amogh, Amit, What brand diesel do you guys use?
Old 17th September 2009, 15:20   #321
BHPian

Quote:
My route is: camp - left from GPO - staight over the bridge - esquare - baner - highway. From there its a good 15-20 mins in a horrible jam daily after the HNJ junction. Most of the time i doing 15-20 in 2nd.
Have you tried taking a alternate route? Like from university flyover exit towards pashan/baner to hit highway, instead of going straight. If you take pashan exit you can reach highway via pashan circle - sus road and if you take baner exit, you can reach highway going on straight. This will avoid the traffic crawl from rajiv gandhi bridge all the way till wakad, it might be longer by a couple of km's though.
Yes, you will still have to drive in the traffic from hinjewadi flyover till your office, though there could be possible (longer?) alternatives to take.
Old 17th September 2009, 15:24   #322
BHPian

Ill try the pashan route tomorrow.

Regarding the HNJ Flyover jam, yes there are alternative routes but now a days they are as badly jammed as the main route.
Old 17th September 2009, 15:31   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I use regular IOC diesel.

Please stick to regular diesel. Premium fuels are nothing but fuel with additives and many modern diesel engines have reported problems with premium diesel. Fiat's multijet motors are among the most advanced around so it's better to stick to what the manufacturer recommends which in this case is normal regular diesel.

The last mileage figures posted today by me consist of total of 27.12 Ltrs of diesel, 13.06 of which was Xtramile premium diesel from IOC. I used that only because the fuel bunk in Chembur didn't have regular and I was there at 11pm with a 60 kms drive to do. Low fuel indicator lamp was already on.

In fact, now that you asked, I just realised that my car has always got diesel from IOC fuel bunks only. Can diesel owner's tell me if BPCL or HPCL diesel quality is better then IOC?
Old 17th September 2009, 15:49   #324
BHPian

Quote:
IOC : Regular diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nav75 View Post
Have you tried taking a alternate route? Like from university flyover exit towards pashan/baner to hit highway, instead of going straight..
+1 to that : This is exactly the route I was talking about. Best possible route to reach highway quickly.

Quote:
I use regular IOC diesel.

In fact, now that you asked, I just realised that my car has always got diesel from IOC fuel bunks only. Can diesel owner's tell me if BPCL or HPCL diesel quality is better then IOC?
I have never used HPCL. BPCL was my first choice earlier. But I shifted to IOC after I got the "Citibank Indian Oil Credit Card" (rewards points convertible to fuel ) So I can compare IOC and BPCL : and I have always got better results (read FE) with IOC. This I am telling you from my Skoda experience. In the Punto, I have always filled up IOC.
Old 17th September 2009, 17:07   #325
BHPian

So is Shell Diesel not normal diesel? Also, Where do you get Indian Oil (IOC) diesel in Pune - camp?
Old 17th September 2009, 17:07   #326
BHPian

[quote=amit;1487260]Brilliant idea. Only thing, the Punto can be replaced by the SX4 .
[quote]

But when it came to sell you preferred legendary palio, and kept troubled SX4.
Old 17th September 2009, 17:51   #327
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Ajay_J;1488031][quote=amit;1487260]Brilliant idea. Only thing, the Punto can be replaced by the SX4 .
Quote:

But when it came to sell you preferred legendary palio, and kept troubled SX4.
And the point you are trying to make is?

In this context, it's not about troubled or legendary car. Do I really have to spell out what the meaning of those posts were?!
Old 17th September 2009, 17:57   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, I have recieved a quote of Rs.1,500 for Llumar sunfilms for windows and rear windsheild including labour. It's for the SR-35 Platinum series. I am swinging between Llumar and 3M. Dealer says 3M's 35 series is darker. Question is are the prices correct? It was at a reputed and trusted shop at Sector 17 Vashi, Navi Mumbai.
Hi,

The quote seems to be OK. One thing: is SR-35 allowed in your place? Police may insist on 50% transparency.

I believe you should fix film on the windshield too. That will really make a huge difference to the occupants. Your MPG may creep up too!

Thanks.
Old 17th September 2009, 18:03   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
The quote seems to be OK. One thing: is SR-35 allowed in your place? Police may insist on 50% transparency.

I believe you should fix film on the windshield too. That will really make a huge difference to the occupants. Your MPG may creep up too!
If the quote seems okay then it's all good. I was just worried if it was fake Llumar sunfilms because I expected Llumar / 3M to be costlier. SR-35 is not allowed but I am taking my chances. I am fixing sunfilm on windshied too. It's expected to cost me about 2200. Between Llumar and 3M which one is better in terms of looks and functionality? I am thinking of installing SR-35 for side and rear windows and SR-50 for front windshield. Just worried if going for SR-50 would compormise night time visiblity.
Old 17th September 2009, 19:18   #330
BANNED

Amit

I experienced Khat sound (which you talked about earlier) today while starting the car. Car was parked with handbrake pulled up for 2 days. What is it which could be causing this sound?
Should we stop using handbrake while parking & engage gears? I've a habit of parking with handbrake pulled up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks