Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:12   #166
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Another I have noticed is that the B&M volume is very low and I have to manually increase it every time. This is something I noticed happening for the first time on Monday. It happened again on Tuesday. I haven't driven the car after Tuesday.
You can set the volume of B&M. Don't exactly remember but its either system Menu button or B&M Menu button on steering (most probably HU sys menu button). When you press & navigate, you'll find an option "ExternalSource Volume". Set & increase the volume here.
Old 24th July 2009, 12:28   #167
BHPian

Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
You can set the volume of B&M. Don't exactly remember but its either system Menu button or B&M Menu button on steering (most probably HU sys menu button). When you press & navigate, you'll find an option "ExternalSource Volume". Set & increase the volume here.
I had decreased the external volume and now my Blue & Me also started giving low volume. was wondering y, got the answer now

The sales person here(for Concorde, Koramangla) will get me my manual at home. And he is fixing the number plates too. Is normal fiber ones ok. I read that the new ID tracking number plates are going to get mandate, so thot this shud be fine till then. or is the 'IND' plates mandate now?

So will try all the settings this weekend .

Quote:
Yes thats the beauty of the CAN BUS architecture is Punto just like your expensive Audi's and the Merc's. Basically there are microprocessors for every function inside your car electrical system so they can detect any malfunction.
I have fitted the windows up mechanism. Will it cause any probs to the detect system??

Quote:
Actually, its very very normal & I can't even think if I can call it a "sound". Its kind of something sticking to a surface only for a moment at the fag-end of the braking. I did not notice it until someone brought it up here sometime back.
The braking sound is very feeble but i get it in city traffic drive if i brake suddenly to complete stop. else get it never.

One other thing, is the tyre pressure of 30 fine? i still feel the tyres are a bit flat.
Should i get normal diesel or extra premium??
Old 24th July 2009, 12:41   #168
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjo View Post
Should i get normal diesel or extra premium??
In Linea, Fiat strictly recommends Regular Diesel & a strict no no to premium diesel. the same sould be the case with Punto also
Old 24th July 2009, 13:03   #169
BHPian

CANned !

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Yes thats the beauty of the CAN BUS architecture is Punto just like your expensive Audi's and the Merc's. Basically there are microprocessors for every function inside your car electrical system so they can detect any malfunction.
Hi Extreme_Torque, the CAN multi-master serial bus standard is not restricted to Mercs' & Audis' & can be considered quite contemporary today. For example, the Swift, from day one, was available with CAN.
Old 24th July 2009, 13:19   #170
BHPian

Quote:
In Linea, Fiat strictly recommends Regular Diesel & a strict no no to premium diesel. the same sould be the case with Punto also

OUch! I have been filling my Linea up with premium diesel so far. Am I in a soup? what could be the negative ramifications of this on the engine?
Old 24th July 2009, 13:30   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi Extreme_Torque, the CAN multi-master serial bus standard is not restricted to Mercs' & Audis' & can be considered quite contemporary today. For example, the Swift, from day one, was available with CAN.
Wasnt aware of that.. thanks. In Swift do they use it for the ACC or does it do something other than that too?
Old 24th July 2009, 14:08   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradster View Post
OUch! I have been filling my Linea up with premium diesel so far. Am I in a soup? what could be the negative ramifications of this on the engine?
The same is true for Punto as well. In the manual they have clearly mentioned not to fill premium diesel.
Old 24th July 2009, 14:15   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharp77 View Post
The same is true for Punto as well. In the manual they have clearly mentioned not to fill premium diesel.
Is the reason behind that mentioned in the manual as well or someone else can shed some light on this?
Old 24th July 2009, 14:29   #174
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Is the reason behind that mentioned in the manual as well or someone else can shed some light on this?
Not in the manual. But I remember reading techincal details for this over here in tbhp or on the net, don't remember the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradster View Post
I don't think it'll be a major reason to worry. How many times have you filled premium diesel & how many kms the car has run on it?
Old 24th July 2009, 16:18   #175
BHPian

the tyre pressure of 30 fine?
Old 26th July 2009, 10:21   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I start the car in early morning & do not turn on the AC & do not roll down the window glasses, again within 10-15 seconds, I start feeling normal heat & sometimes even suffocation. Its as if I can not drive Linea with AC / compressor OFF without rolling down the windows with only the fan on.
I did this today. Outside temperature was 27 deg C. I did not feel suffocation within 15 seconds as you say, in fact, the fan was on upto more then a minute and I was comfortable. Still it's early days to comment on this authoritatively so I guess we need to observe this a few more times.

The first tankfull is done and the first mileage results are out. When I put diesel the first time the range showed 50 kms. Yesterday when I filled up the range was showing 115 kms. Anyway:

MID: 18.2kmpl.
Manual: 18.01kmpl.

That's an error of approximately 1%. It's my first expereince with MID's but auto experts (ACI) have commented that this MID is among the most accurate they have come across. A 1% error rate seems pretty accurate to me. What do you guys think?

Last edited by amit : 26th July 2009 at 10:22.
Old 26th July 2009, 10:48   #177
Senior - BHPian

Guys - please stop trying to suffocate yourselves.
Old 26th July 2009, 11:27   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
The reason is that new age diesels with common rail tech do not like the additives in the fuel. Just like premium petrols, you do not get better fuel per se, just some additional chemicals mixed in.

BMW has voided warranty on cars where the expensive fuel pump failed because the owner used premium diesel.
Old 27th July 2009, 05:57   #179
BHPian

Ai ai ai! My Linea has done about 8k now!

gosh...I hope this does not screw up my engine!!
Old 27th July 2009, 06:33   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am surprised to know this. Does this mean a no no to occassionally adding stuff like Sonax, OWS too?
To my mind the two reasons for not adding premium are that for the extra money you do not get anything real, just mental, and that the regular moves a lot quicker, so it is probably always fresher than the slower moving premium. Car makers banning it is news - wonder how the oilcos will respond to that one. Probably by getting into the bed with the autocos before the next editions of the manual are printed, I suspect.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks