Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2009, 12:07   #136
Team-BHP Support

How long does the smell last ? A friend of mine still has it after 15,000 & two years in his Swift. I think I lost it in a couple of weeks !!!
Old 20th July 2009, 02:02   #137
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I hope you know that the entire engine on that side was supported by that mount. If that nut would have fallen off that would not have been a minor niggle as someone here put it.
Ssshhhh Viddy! Thats how Fiat builds its cars, with passion! And a few loose nuts .
Old 20th July 2009, 10:20   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Ssshhhh Viddy! Thats how Fiat builds its cars, with passion! And a few loose nuts .
A loose nut that takes 1 minute to tighten is far better then a car that has it's drive shafts, engine mountings and clutch changed when it's brand new. It's also better then a car whose clutch packs up every 17,000kms. And it's far better then a car whose maker hasn't been able to design a steering that's able to keep it going straight for even a centimeter.

I would appreciate if you avoid making fun of brands you don't like and keep sarcasm out of ownership reports. Please try and restrict that to the Indian car scene. I hope you realise that ownership reports are a lot more personal then threads in the Indian car scene.
Old 20th July 2009, 10:36   #139
BANNED

Amit, I was just making some light hearted humour. If you can't take it positively, kindly ignore it? FYI, I don't think you get the seriousness of the issue with having a nut that supports the engine mount being loose? If I were the owner, my dealership would be getting an earful and maybe more.
Old 20th July 2009, 11:04   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Amit, I was just making some light hearted humour. If you can't take it positively, kindly ignore it?
If you had read through the thread you would know that light hearted humor by the owner has been made over it.

Quote:
FYI, I don't think you get the seriousness of the issue with having a nut that supports the engine mount being loose? If I were the owner, my dealership would be getting an earful and maybe more.
I realise the seriousness of the issue but I have said it twice that post the tightening of the loose nut the car has been driven for 7+ days over 500kms and there are no further issues related to that. But it seems like people want to keep highlighting this and not listen to the owner who keeps saying that the problem is now solved.

The dealership got an earful and would have got a major earful from me if they were not able to permanantly solve the problem. Most owners across brands don't get irritated over problems. The irritation comes either when the service guys refuse to accept the problem or are not able to solve it. None of that happened in my case. Also, I was the one present at the dealership and I was allowed to go into the service area and stand with the technicians as they worked on the car so I know these guys genuinely wanted to solve my problem.

I also want to add here that unlike the 'best in India' Maruti dealers who took 20,000kms to acknowledge that there is a jerking issue in my SX4, the Tata-Fiat dealership agreed that there is some noise and straight away got down to finding out the problem. Like a couple of Maruti dealers who tried to teach me to drive when I complained over the jerking issue, the Tata-Fiat dealers could also have easily said that the car is brand new and the noise will go away automatically as the running in happens but they didn't and I appreciate that.
Old 20th July 2009, 11:14   #141
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
the Tata-Fiat dealers could also have easily said that the car is brand new and the noise will go away automatically as the running in happens but they didn't and I appreciate that.
I think this new change is because of the alliance with Tata. Those stupid guys at Fiat tried to teach a friend how to drive too when I tagged along with with his GTX. I guess it happens everywhere, not just Maruti. Or maybe you bragged too much about your love for Fiat and the Maruti guys didn't like it?
Old 20th July 2009, 11:27   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Or maybe you bragged too much about your love for Fiat and the Maruti guys didn't like it?
No I would never dare do that. It's enough that I am laughed at on this forum for buying a Fiat.

Please take some time to go through my SX4 thread also. I would appreciate it if you made some 'light hearted humor' there.
Old 20th July 2009, 13:02   #143
BANNED

Quote:
No I would never dare do that. It's enough that I am laughed at on this forum for buying a Fiat.

Please take some time to go through my SX4 thread also. I would appreciate it if you made some 'light hearted humor' there.
You really need to learn to get out of the closet. I don't think anyone laughs at you for buying a FIAT. Its just the way you react to certain comments made by others. Sure, shall visit your ''truck'' thread. Don't want him to feel left out .
Old 20th July 2009, 13:12   #144
BHPian

Come on Calm down seniors. . .

Cheers.
Old 20th July 2009, 14:20   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
If I switch off the AC (or even the compressor keeping fan ON),
How do I do that? If I press the + button the A/c starts working and if I press the OFF button both the fan and A/C switch off.
Old 20th July 2009, 14:53   #146
BANNED

Quote:
How do I do that? If I press the + button the A/c starts working and if I press the OFF button both the fan and A/C switch off.
Switch ON the Auto Climate Control swich. Everything is ON now.

There is a compressor switch on right-hand side of the AC panel - big button with Sun-kinda image on it - If you press it, then compressor turns OFF but the fan is still ON.

Its either this position or ACC entirely OFF position that I'm talking about. Pls check & let me know. Its not an issue but its kinda peculiar & just curious to know.

Last edited by VahanPujari : 20th July 2009 at 14:59.
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:19   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If I switch off the AC (or even the compressor keeping fan ON), within no time i.e. 10-15 seconds the cooling is complete gone & I start feeling normal heat. This is so unlike all other cars where cooling remains for 1-2 minutes. This happens at early morning & nights also.
These are initial observations.

Car was driven for about 30kms and 40minutes.

Outside temperature: 26 deg C

ACC setting: 18 deg C.

Mode: Recirculating.

I switch off the compressor, system switches to fresh air mode, I push it back to recirculate. Interiors did not heat up as fast as you said.

The questions are:

- When you switched off the compressor, did you manually switch the ACC back to recirculate? If not, then the system by default switches to fresh air and was pulling in hotter air from outside heating up your interiors with a few seconds. This will be specially noticeable in the hot and humid months from March to May.

- The outside temperature was a comfortable 26 deg C with light drizzle outside. Even if I had left the ACC on fresh air mode, the interiors may not have heated up as fast as you say. I feel we need to observe this a couple of times in different temperatures and with different modes.

Quote:
When I start the car in early morning & do not turn on the AC & do not roll down the window glasses, again within 10-15 seconds, I start feeling normal heat & sometimes even suffocation. Its as if I can not drive Linea with AC / compressor OFF without rolling down the windows with only the fan on.
I have not tried this out yet. Will do and revert back.

Last edited by amit : 22nd July 2009 at 11:21.
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:36   #148
BANNED

Quote:
- When you switched off the compressor, did you manually switch the ACC back to recirculate? If not, then the system by default switches to fresh air and was pulling in hotter air from outside heating up your interiors with a few seconds. This will be specially noticeable in the hot and humid months from March to May.
I do not remember if I used to manually switch to recirculate mode while turning off the compressor in my several trials. Will do it & revert.
But then I remember, I tried doing this several times in late evenings at around 7-8 pm

Also pls try the ACC completely OFF mode without even fan.
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:20   #149
Senior - BHPian

Driving back yesterday night on the Palm Beach road from Kharghar to Chembur, I had a entertaining time with Instant consumption display in the MID. It ranged from 7kmpl (While reversing!) to 50 kmpl with an extremely light foot on the accelarator. I was following the expert's advice on keeping a very light foot on the accelarator as if there is an egg under the accelarator . It was a fun drive as I tried to keep the instant consumption as high as possible - every time the display crashed like our stock market's I let off on the accelarator trying to get the mileage up to stay in the higher 20's and early 30's. I know that instant consumption is not the most accurate way to judge milege but the theory was that if the ICC stays around 25-30kmpl then average consumption will also be high.
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:31   #150
BHPian

Quote:
  • If I switch off the AC (or even the compressor keeping fan ON), within no time i.e. 10-15 seconds the cooling is complete gone & I start feeling normal heat. This is so unlike all other cars where cooling remains for 1-2 minutes. This happens at early morning & nights also.
  • When I start the car in early morning & do not turn on the AC & do not roll down the window glasses, again within 10-15 seconds, I start feeling normal heat & sometimes even suffocation. Its as if I can not drive Linea with AC / compressor OFF without rolling down the windows with only the fan on.
I have the same experience in my Civic as well, but not on the Indica with the manual AC, I can switch off the AC in the Indica (keeping the fan on) and be comfortable for about 10 minutes in mildly hot conditions, but in the Civic within a minute or so I start to suffocate as you have put it.

I think its because of the ACC/Climate control

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks