Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 14:56   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
That cannot be done if it is a emotion pack as blue and me will not work. but in other models it can be done
You mean we cannot change just the speakers too?

Yes, I think the coming home lights don't get stored. Another question on this. If it doesn't get stored then we cannot use this function while getting into the car right? Does Fiat think that people only come home at night and don't go out anywhere?

Quote:
@Amit- Couple of Q's-
1.- Why pete's only after 10000km, any specific reason?
2.- Can the alloys be changed?
Pete's after 10,000 kms because I would like the car to be run in properly. Not just the engine but the transmission, suspension, tyres everything. Another big reason is Vitamin M.

Alloy's can be changed if you can find 98pcd alloys. I don't think it's needed though. The OE alloys are great looking unless one wants to upgrade to 16 inch wheels.
Old 14th July 2009, 15:41   #92
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Additional speakers can be put. In fact, a t-bhpian has also put an amp in his Linea. Only issue is the amp remains ON always. Something in electrical settings due to B&M & the MID does not let it go OFF even when the ignition is OFF.

Changing HU is not possible due to B&M.
Old 14th July 2009, 16:06   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If it doesn't get stored then we cannot use this function while getting into the car right? Does Fiat think that people only come home at night and don't go out anywhere?
You are correct Amit. Its the same in all cars, my Scorpio also has follow me home headlights but not get me followed from my home

Everyone designs it such way that it works only when we leave the car. Its better that it doesnt get stored. Also, how will this function of - going out of home headlights on be enabled? A button on remote or what? Or you mean as soon as car is unlocked headlights light up for 30 secs?
Old 14th July 2009, 16:09   #94
Senior - BHPian

Do you know what's the best part of the Punto (or any new car)?

The new car smell. I am loving it!

Maybe AmbiPur and other car perfume should think of introducing a perfume based on the new car smell .

Also, at the time of delivery the dealership told me that mine was the first Punto to be delivered from there.

Quote:
Or you mean as soon as car is unlocked headlights light up for 30 secs?
That's how I thought the coming home function would be in the Punto.

Last edited by amit : 14th July 2009 at 16:10.
Old 14th July 2009, 16:19   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes, I think the coming home lights don't get stored. Another question on this. If it doesn't get stored then we cannot use this function while getting into the car right? Does Fiat think that people only come home at night and don't go out anywhere?

Pete's after 10,000 kms because I would like the car to be run in properly. Not just the engine but the transmission, suspension, tyres everything. Another big reason is Vitamin M.

Alloy's can be changed if you can find 98pcd alloys. I don't think it's needed though. The OE alloys are great looking unless one wants to upgrade to 16 inch wheels.
Am now confused how this follow me home works exactly, anyone?

I agree.
However i have one particular set of alloys by HM which i wanted to get for my new car so will see if it fills the requirement otherwise these are good as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Additional speakers can be put. In fact, a t-bhpian has also put an amp in his Linea. Only issue is the amp remains ON always. Something in electrical settings due to B&M & the MID does not let it go OFF even when the ignition is OFF.

If the amp remains ON always doesn't it affects the battery?
I am sure there might be some way of getting amp n sub attached to them,someone surely will find a way
Old 14th July 2009, 16:21   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
That cannot be done if it is a emotion pack as blue and me will not work. but in other models it can be done
That's a big downer for audiophiles! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post

Yes I think I faced a similar situation in the Accord - where the HVAC display-controls are linked to the OEM - HU, but you can workaround that by adding another ICE system at the bottom of the center console which has enough width and depth for a touch screen/fancy HU upgrade. (Not sure whether the Punto Console permits that)

Last edited by Zensi : 14th July 2009 at 16:35.
Old 14th July 2009, 16:24   #97
BANNED

Quote:
If the amp remains ON always doesn't it affects the battery?
Yes, it affects. Thats the whole issue.

Quote:
I am sure there might be some way of getting amp n sub attached to them,someone surely will find a way
Precisely the reason why many bhpians are banging heads here --->> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...-my-linea.html

There is no Line-out in HU which is making their life difficult but they are close to reaching the solution
Old 14th July 2009, 16:26   #98
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensi View Post
Yes I think I faced a similar situation in the Accord - where the HVAC display-controls are linked to the OEM - HU, but you can workaround that by adding another ICE system at the bottom of the center console which has enough width and depth for a touch screen/fancy HU upgrade.
Here, its not only display on central console.
Its one of the imp feature Blue & Me which is integrated with HU
Old 14th July 2009, 16:31   #99
Senior - BHPian

hey amit ! many congrats !!! enjoy your new ride ! i duno how many red emotion pk's r already ther in Mumbai but 1 moe would be joinin urs 2moro ! my red 1.4 petrol arriving 2morow evening ! all the best with your car again !
Old 14th July 2009, 16:32   #100
BANNED

Quote:
Do you know what's the best part of the Punto (or any new car)?

The new car smell. I am loving it!

Maybe AmbiPur and other car perfume should think of introducing a perfume based on the new car smell .
Nothing can beat New Car smell !!

Have been struggling to find an alternative of AmbiPure since ages.
Have got hold of somehting but haven't used it as since last 1 month, am using "mogra" fresh flowers keeping it in car every morning
Old 14th July 2009, 16:37   #101
BHPian

Hi, I've changed my front speakers and put in a sub as well, powered by an 4 channel amp. Had to put in a LOC though to convert the High level signal to RCA. No rear speakers though(4 channels only).

I have an Emotion and not the "Pack", but as long as the HU is the same, I don't see a cause for concern.

Oh yeah, and the amp is powered on when the ignition is turned on irrespective of the HU being ON or OFF. But, looking at changing my HU in the near future. If anyone with an Active or Dynamic variant is interested , PM me.

cheers
Old 15th July 2009, 11:13   #102
Senior - BHPian

The phone pairs with Blue&Me automatically now. What I realised is that if the bluetooth is on before I get into the car then it pairs automatically as soon as I start the car but if I switch on Bluetooth after I start the car it has to paired manually. Is that how it works with all of you?

When I used the windshield washer fluid the wipers didn't make any swipe's. What's wrong or is there some Italian logic in this that is beyond me?
Old 15th July 2009, 11:20   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I used the windshield washer fluid the wipers didn't make any swipe's. What's wrong or is there some Italian logic in this that is beyond me?
If I got it right, it is the same in Palio too.

If you lift the stalk for releasing the washer fluid, it just releases the fluid & doesn't swipe automatically like in other cars.
You need to push the stalk upwards to activate the swipe.
Old 15th July 2009, 11:42   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
If I got it right, it is the same in Palio too.

If you lift the stalk for releasing the washer fluid, it just releases the fluid & doesn't swipe automatically like in other cars.
You need to push the stalk upwards to activate the swipe.
Did they change it in later Palio's? In my 2003 S10, the wiper's made 3 swipes automatically when the washer fluid was sprayed on the windshield.
Old 15th July 2009, 11:49   #105
Senior - BHPian

Amit, looks like S10 had that feature of spray + auto swipe!
In my 2004 Palio 1.2, it worked in 2 steps as I mentioned above.
Also to spray & swipe simultaneously, you need to lift the stalk & push it upwards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks