Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2009, 17:13   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
For the first 3000 kms until 1st service, I used to get around 13 km/L.
Noted, thanks for all the clarifications.
Old 28th August 2009, 17:33   #62
Senior - BHPian

Two days ago I had been to a GM dealer in Kerala as two of my friends wanted to buy Sparks. Yours truly helped them to choose the Spark over the Alto which was their initial choice. The recent offer of GM on Spark; free Sony ICE and free insurance and the higher discounts did them in. There at the dealership all versions were with biege interiors ( even for the white PS variant - unlike the one in the above picture).
Old 28th August 2009, 19:29   #63
BHPian

Did you try the LPG variant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Two days ago I had been to a GM dealer in Kerala as two of my friends wanted to buy Sparks. Yours truly helped them to choose the Spark over the Alto which was their initial choice. The recent offer of GM on Spark; free Sony ICE and free insurance and the higher discounts did them in. There at the dealership all versions were with biege interiors ( even for the white PS variant - unlike the one in the above picture).
Old 29th August 2009, 11:08   #64
Senior - BHPian

No both of my friends wanted only gasoline.
Old 29th August 2009, 11:11   #65
Senior - BHPian

Further, the special festival limited period offer (Onam) was not applicable for the LPG variant.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:17   #66
BHPian

Hi sawyer
I have been reading through all your posts on Chevy Spark as I am in the process of buying one. I felt it was quite a good package for a daily run-about car. I am more inclined towards buying a Spark LPG LS as it amounts to lower running costs.
My querry was have you and/or anyone on this forum tried the LPG version, how does it perform and what kind of fuel effeciancy can you expect from the LPG?
Also the showroom claims a fuel effeciancy of 18kmpl for petrol and 14kmpl for LPG. Reading your posts i truely doubt the claims of the company now.
Cheers!
Old 31st August 2009, 11:57   #67
Senior - BHPian

To set the record straight, before I bought the car, the sales manager told me, for the petrol, 14 in the city and 18 on the highways. The one trip I did on the highways, when the car had still to get past the 1000kms service, it did return 15. So the 18 still looks ok. For the recent disappointing returns, I need to recheck at a different pump, if you scroll you will see that to go from 3/4 to totally full, it took 16 litres. Now that could be a pump issue or my car's fuel gauge calibration issue. To arrive at a validated in city consumption number, I need to do my next refill at a different pump.
So, in defence of the car, I will say that it is premature to draw any conclusions from my experiences till date.
Old 3rd September 2009, 00:40   #68
BANNED

I have a one year old spark, initial mileage for me was vry low 11~12 in city and 15 in NH with AC. After 5000km i got 13~14 in city and 17 in NH with AC on.Given the narrow winding NH's of kerala its difficult to get more than this.
Old 3rd September 2009, 06:45   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
I have a one year old spark, initial mileage for me was vry low 11~12 in city and 15 in NH with AC. After 5000km i got 13~14 in city and 17 in NH with AC on.Given the narrow winding NH's of kerala its difficult to get more than this.
What you are getting now is pretty close to what was told to me before I bought the car.
When I asked the dealer about my FE concerns, I was told that if there is any FE issue, they do the test only at 5000kms, to address this.
Did the improvement you get after 5000 happen on its own, or was anything specific done in the service? If the latter, I fail to see why it cannot be done at the 1000kms mark, when the car gets its first free service.
Old 3rd September 2009, 12:03   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Yesterday I took a test drive of Chevy Spark at Nikhil Automobile, Navi Mumbai.

Thats why I have narrowed down to Chevy Spark 1.0 LT.
Drove the car for few kms in Navi Mumbai -
1. Look wise very attactive
2. Looks small but it has huge space inside. Knees never touched front seat (myself 5'8").
3. Liked the beige interiors in Black colour model most.
4. Engine is very silent (driven a demo car).
5. ABC paddles are not well spaced, though not found any problem during driving.
6. Good alround view from driver's seat.
7. Clutch is bit in the softer side. Not got the feel of disengaging the clutch.
8. Gear is bit notchy, same as Matiz. Some times difficult to find the slot.
9. Engine is suparb. Great acceleration from a 1.0 lit engine in any gear with A/C on at full blast.
10. At 5th gear car can roll at around 20kmph without pressing accelerator and with no knocing.
11. A/C has got excellent cooling power.
12. With rear parcel shelf it has a really large boot in comparison to Zen.
13. Ride quality is good enough for a hatchback.
14. Smaller steering wheel is also very precise.
Loved the car, only sore point is the notchy gear shift, I guess because of driven by wire. Nikhil Automobile quoted -
1. Ex-showroom - Rs. 3,82,462 + Insurance Rs. 10,026 + Registration Rs. 31772 = Rs. 4,24,260 and during Ganpati Utsav they are giving a discount of Rs. 47,000. Thus the on road price comes to Rs. 3,77,260. Freebies they are giving Steering cover, full carpet mats and mud flaps. The valuer their valued my 2003 Zen Rs. 90,000.
Guys needs your suggestion. Is it a good deal? My Zen is really in a good condition and think Rs.90,000 is quoted less. What you all say?
My exeriences with the Spark were almost the same and I took delivery of a black LS on 22/08/2009. You can read my initial ownrship experiences here:
http://http://www.team-bhp.com/forum...-ls-spark.html

3.77 looks a little on the higher side and I am sure there is further room for reducing if you bargain hard. As suggested it would be better if you sell your Zen outside than exchanging it at the showroom. Also ask if the exchange scheme is still on and you can get an additional discount for exchanging your car (You dont have to exchange it just give a copy of your existing Zen's RC book). If you are working with a decently big company ask for a corporate discount.
Old 4th September 2009, 23:06   #71
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
What you are getting now is pretty close to what was told to me before I bought the car.
When I asked the dealer about my FE concerns, I was told that if there is any FE issue, they do the test only at 5000kms, to address this.
Did the improvement you get after 5000 happen on its own, or was anything specific done in the service? If the latter, I fail to see why it cannot be done at the 1000kms mark, when the car gets its first free service.
My mileage improved after 3~5000km,i never asked them to change anything.I think you should wait for at least 5000kms.

And, have you installed v-kool 70 front windshield film in your spark,what will be the cost?Is it effective? please reply....
Old 5th September 2009, 01:43   #72
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new buy!
Old 5th September 2009, 06:37   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
My mileage improved after 3~5000km,i never asked them to change anything.I think you should wait for at least 5000kms.

And, have you installed v-kool 70 front windshield film in your spark,what will be the cost?Is it effective? please reply....
Noted, thanks. Yes, I have installed it, and it is very effective. Costs about Rs 11k, the windshield area is bigger that most cars of its size. Cuts daytime glare, heat very noticeably, that it is uncomfortable to drive other cars, once you get used to the glare reduction.
Old 5th September 2009, 08:45   #74
BHPian

I am in the process of buying a Spark this month too. I too am from Pune. You mentioned that some freebies were thrown in by the dealer at Baner. Did he also give seat upholstery? I am going for the LS version for the body color bumpers and the front power windows. is it anybody's experience that the power windows do not last long in this car?
Old 5th September 2009, 10:16   #75
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the acquisition, spark is indeed a VFM product for price it's being offered on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks