Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2009, 12:31   #61
Senior - BHPian

Hi Nav75 thanks for providing FE figures every time you take your car out for a round. I am planning to buy Punto by Feb-March next year and was confused between petrol and diesel. I will look forward to your posts in finalizing on petrol or diesel. Your FE figures look good and the reasons you chose petrol makes 100% sense for me.
You are the man!!
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:21   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Only fixing the dent costed you that much alone ?
It was dent on side of door + pver rear tyre, along with scratches. Will try to upload the pics before and after soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Hi Nav75 thanks for providing FE figures every time you take your car out for a round. I am planning to buy Punto by Feb-March next year and was confused between petrol and diesel. I will look forward to your posts in finalizing on petrol or diesel. Your FE figures look good and the reasons you chose petrol makes 100% sense for me.
You are the man!!
Thanks.
Old 14th November 2009, 17:45   #63
BHPian

awaiting delivery of 1.4 emotion pack.white color.
has anybody been able to connect IPod to through the USB? The salesman was unable to do it.
and yes,the wait is killing me!!
Old 15th November 2009, 22:23   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankursharma View Post
awaiting delivery of 1.4 emotion pack.white color.
has anybody been able to connect IPod to through the USB? The salesman was unable to do it.
and yes,the wait is killing me!!
Congrats for your car!
Yes, I use iPod with my Punto, it works fine without any issues.
Old 10th December 2009, 12:51   #65

Hi,

Getting around 17 is an awesome fuel efficiency for 1.4 engine. Mine is 1.4 Emotion and I am getting around 11 -12 in City. I have not got a chance to go for a highway drive. Planning to go for a Pondy trip in 31st Dec holidays. Was just wondering, whether it is good to do when you floored it till 4k rmp mark? Doesn't it required to be kept with 2.5 - 3K for the running in period i.e 3000Km? Just a observation, I have also felt that when I floor the engine to 3k mark, the fuel efficiency is little better.
Old 14th December 2009, 12:03   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustiguy View Post
Hi,

Getting around 17 is an awesome fuel efficiency for 1.4 engine. Mine is 1.4 Emotion and I am getting around 11 -12 in City. I have not got a chance to go for a highway drive. Planning to go for a Pondy trip in 31st Dec holidays. Was just wondering, whether it is good to do when you floored it till 4k rmp mark? Doesn't it required to be kept with 2.5 - 3K for the running in period i.e 3000Km? Just a observation, I have also felt that when I floor the engine to 3k mark, the fuel efficiency is little better.
You dont need to run in the engine (but still upto 1200 - 1500 kms is ok).

Only the brakes need to be run in, just dont stress/demand from the brakes (hard braking) in the initial period.. (1500 - 2000 kms should be enough)

Even i'm getting around 17km/l on the highway in my 1.4 E+ driving with I/C mode and maintaining speed around 80 - 100 km/h

Enjoy your highway trip, Safely
Old 17th December 2009, 19:45   #67
Senior - BHPian

@nav75 n akshay: what is the initial price difference in on road price for Punto petrol and Diesel emotion pk variant?
Old 18th December 2009, 11:20   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post
You dont need to run in the engine (but still upto 1200 - 1500 kms is ok).

Only the brakes need to be run in, just dont stress/demand from the brakes (hard braking) in the initial period.. (1500 - 2000 kms should be enough)

Even i'm getting around 17km/l on the highway in my 1.4 E+ driving with I/C mode and maintaining speed around 80 - 100 km/h

Enjoy your highway trip, Safely
Thats awesome FE 17-18/L ,i was thinking of diesel only for the FE ...can i ask how much you are getting in the city traffic. I would be doing about 1000kms in city traffic and about 500kms in highway ,am still having doubts as to go for diesel or petrol and the stunning punto or the more sedate I20. Thanks for your help.
Old 18th December 2009, 12:25   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
@nav75 n akshay: what is the initial price difference in on road price for Punto petrol and Diesel emotion pk variant?
Back in July when I bought the car, the diff was ~60k.
Old 18th December 2009, 17:17   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8NATIVE View Post
Thats awesome FE 17-18/L ,i was thinking of diesel only for the FE ...can i ask how much you are getting in the city traffic. I would be doing about 1000kms in city traffic and about 500kms in highway ,am still having doubts as to go for diesel or petrol and the stunning punto or the more sedate I20. Thanks for your help.
For 1500km in a month, Diesel is a no brainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nav75 View Post
Back in July when I bought the car, the diff was ~60k.
hmm.. I am caught in between MJD and FIRE now. Lets see.
Old 18th December 2009, 18:21   #71
Senior - BHPian

and my friend, why is diesel a no brainer at 1500?

where's the joy of the petrol to be budgeted?
Old 18th December 2009, 18:43   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
and my friend, why is diesel a no brainer at 1500?

where's the joy of the petrol to be budgeted?
To enjoy the Italian music of this 1.4 for every km of 1500 every month, he has to loot a bank to feed her properly
Old 18th December 2009, 19:21   #73
BHPian

[quote=neoonwheels;1640597]For 1500km in a month, Diesel is a no brainer.

May i play the devils advocate here and ask why... this is my line of thinking..
all are assumptions/approximations from reading TBHP.. My budget is max 7L on road ,choice of car MJD emotion pack/magna 120 crdi/asta i 20 petrol

On a MJD Punto- you would expect about 15/L FE so 1500k= 100 litres/month which x40rs would be 4000 for fuel.
On a Asta Petrol - Fe is about 11-12 so 1500k= 135 litres/month which x 50 would be 6800 for fuel.

Now assuming u pay 5 L and a loan for the rest for three years ie Punto 2L and asta petrol 1.4L , the extra emi as per carwale site quote would
be 2100 rs . So you save 2800 on fuel but pay 2100 as extra emi and end up saving only 700rs/month which makes it impossible to recoup your extra investment on the diesel , making a I20 asta petrol a better choice ie 1)Good sales/support 2)decent mileage(17 km) as per the earlier post 3) fully loaded abs/airbag etc 4) would make my mum happy
Somehow the Petrol Punto does not interest me.
Having said all this earlier today i went to both showrooms in chennai today to have another look and the Punto still takes my breath away and the i 20 though looks good did not excite me.I am just waiting for Jan to book either of the cars most probably Punto E+ MJD in blue...
all suggestions to help me make up my mind welcome.
regards

ps-- also waiting for volks polo to be announced to compare and contrast...
pps-- I know though i said 1500kms the first few months would be loggin much more on the highway ....
thanks all
Old 19th December 2009, 15:04   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8NATIVE View Post

NATIVE, in the city its a totally different story.. (with ac)
I get 7-10 km/l in mumbai daytime traffic. Bumper to bumper.

12 km/l in the night when there is little or moving traffic.

On the highway, its just a feather weight tap on the gas pedal to mantain that odd 80 -100 km/h speed. So the Drive by wire system simply tries to "squeeze" out every km out of that drop of petrol..

Right now I have completed 5000 kms in just about 2 months. My choice for the 1.4 E+ was first the engine note and second it didnt matter if i bought a diesel or petrol.. My running is quite random..
But earlier I owned a Turbo V2, so decided to try out a petrol this time. And overall I am quite impressed. But the torque is not that impressive comparing it to my turbo..

Let me make it simple for you to choose from the 1.4 & 1.3:

If you dont want constant fuel stops & want cheaper re-fuelling & get decent avg with a heavy foot go for the 1.3 MJD. But you will need to live with the noisy engine on the highway past 100 km/h speed when compared to the 1.4 FIRE

If you want a better performance feeling car, dont care about the costly petrol then buy the 1.4 FIRE. But you should also know, when you drive the FIRE the way its suppose to, enjoying the engine noise it produces, be ready to see the fuel needle drop at the same rate to the "E" sign.
But if you want a good FE on the highway, you should be comfortable to see other cars overtake you..

But since you will be running more in the city (Chennai?), i suggest you to go for the 1.3 MJD. If you are looking for a fuel efficient car FIRST with normal driving style..
With the 1.4 you will need to be very careful on how much gas you give in to the engine for a better FE in the city (i'm still not successful in attaining the 14km/l mark in mumbai)

Aashay.
Old 19th December 2009, 15:19   #75
BHPian

@TC_ashay,

Your mileage 7-10kmpl is too less I feel. May be you are over-revving the engine till 4k-5k rpms in each gear?

Here is my experience with FIRE engine in Linea (all figures with AC):
With a mix of balanced & spirited driving (changing gears at 3000 rpm), I get around 10kmpl in city. Highway, it gives 14kmpl.

If we do mileage-friendly driving ... I get 11kmpl in city and 16kmpl on highway. (revs under 2000 rpm and speed below 80kmph)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks