Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2009, 17:50   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
@TC_ashay,

Your mileage 7-10kmpl is too less I feel. May be you are over-revving the engine till 4k-5k rpms in each gear?

Here is my experience with FIRE engine in Linea (all figures with AC):
With a mix of balanced & spirited driving (changing gears at 3000 rpm), I get around 10kmpl in city. Highway, it gives 14kmpl.

If we do mileage-friendly driving ... I get 11kmpl in city and 16kmpl on highway. (revs under 2000 rpm and speed below 80kmph)
Partly you are right; that 7 km/l is less, no i'm not over revving!!
Here in mumbai, traffic is a mess than before.
All roads dug up for the monorail project or a flyover; diversions converting a 2-3 lane road to a single lane plus the increasing number of cars on mumbai roads.. BEST buses trying to squeeze through the narrow lane.. Members in mumbai know what i'm talking about..

And to save fuel, you cant turn the engine off as instantly the traffic might start to clear up.

Well during the night when there is minimum traffic I get 12.
Old 4th January 2010, 13:31   #77
BHPian

Nearing on the 5k mark. Went on a drive to Mahabaleshwar to celebrate New Year. Was cruising at 80-100 on straights, 40-60 uphill, 80ish downhill and low gear crawl while off-roading. By the time i was back home covering 295.9km with an avg speed of 51, the FE was shown as a shocking 19.6km/lt.

This was without A/C and I'm sure that if I had driven the car from start, trying to get better FE, I would have easily crossed 20km/lt mark.
Attached Thumbnails
Punto, in mera wala Red (1.4 Petrol Emotion Pack)-_mg_0605cw.jpg  

Punto, in mera wala Red (1.4 Petrol Emotion Pack)-_mg_0606cw.jpg  

Punto, in mera wala Red (1.4 Petrol Emotion Pack)-_mg_0607cw.jpg  

Old 4th January 2010, 13:48   #78
Senior - BHPian

19.6km/ltr is unbelievable!
I'm happy to see the FE. So this FIAT is not exactly a fuel hungry car and it all depends on the way you drive it!!
Old 4th January 2010, 13:48   #79
BHPian

Those are encouraging numbers.
I believe this is after the first servicing done. Did you get similar numbers prior that as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nav75 View Post
Nearing on the 5k mark. Went on a drive to Mahabaleshwar to celebrate New Year. Was cruising at 80-100 on straights, 40-60 uphill, 80ish downhill and low gear crawl while off-roading. By the time i was back home covering 295.9km with an avg speed of 51, the FE was shown as a shocking 19.6km/lt.

This was without A/C and I'm sure that if I had driven the car from start, trying to get better FE, I would have easily crossed 20km/lt mark.
Old 4th January 2010, 14:04   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
19.6km/ltr is unbelievable!
I'm happy to see the FE. So this FIAT is not exactly a fuel hungry car and it all depends on the way you drive it!!
Very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paritosh2k View Post
Those are encouraging numbers.
I believe this is after the first servicing done. Did you get similar numbers prior that as well?
Yes, this is after 1st servicing. Before 1st servicing I have never checked FE on this route. Before 1st servicing during one of the drives on expressway (much better place to maintain a constant speed) I got a mileage of 16.2 in 237km's (but with a/c being on), I have posted about it in the following post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1543294
Old 4th January 2010, 14:06   #81
Senior - BHPian

There we go. That settles the mileage doubt on Fiat cars!
Old 4th January 2010, 14:11   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nav75 View Post
Very true.

Yes, this is after 1st servicing. Before 1st servicing I have never checked FE on this route. Before 1st servicing during one of the drives on expressway (much better place to maintain a constant speed) I got a mileage of 16.2 in 237km's (but with a/c being on), I have posted about it in the following post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1543294
That is really good. I have just done my first servicing. I was getting 17 on Pune-Mumbai during early morning drives. With heater ON (50%)

i hope to match your numbers now
Old 14th April 2010, 10:46   #83
BHPian

It has been a long time since I updated on my ownership experience. Well, I am about to complete 9months of ownership and have covered 6,600+km's.

For last few trips the MID was showing some crazy FE figures, like 17.6 and so on. So, I decided to do a tank full to tank full check before too much of city travel spoils that figure.

So today morning I did a tank full to tank full FE check, it has come to 15.56km/lt. 389.1km's, 25lt. MID was showing 16.8 (but I guess it didn't go down much when I was stuck in traffic jam and car was idling).

During this I did two trips that included city + highway + e-way + back roads travel and a total distance of 322.9km with a/c being on for atleast 50% of times. During first trip I was stuck in a traffic jam on highway for ~1hr due to multiple accidents. Rest of 66.1km's were my regular commute with a/c being on for most of it.

After reading all reviews about how bad 1.4's FE is, I was hoping it can match the 12km/lt, I used to get from my Esteem (back in 2002) and I must say I'm more than happy with the FE of the car.
Old 14th April 2010, 13:21   #84
BHPian

It's nice to know that you are getting a good FE from you 1.4. Correct me if I am wrong, Punto 1.4 FIRE is capable of giving a good FE i.e around 18-20km/l provided it's driven properly.

I too own a 1.4 and at times have got FE of around 18-20 for a short stretch of 1-2 km but then Pune's traffic does not allow to get that FE consistently.
Old 27th April 2010, 17:33   #85
BHPian

18-20, yes I have seen those kind of figures on e-way and sometimes on normal highway but it needs you to be gentle with your throttle.
Old 27th April 2010, 19:49   #86
Senior - BHPian

I got 14.5KM/L overall for a distance of 500KM's with 95% A/C and with 65% highway and rest ghat + city like road. This was before 1st servicing. I think the FE will improve after 1st service.

By the way I noticed following in my car after 1st service.
- Gear shifting has become smooth as compared to what it was before.
- Engine noise has reduced to great extent.
Old 5th September 2010, 11:41   #87
Senior - BHPian

nav, a few questions for you. i m of 5'11" height. I felt that the clutch of the punto petrol has too much play (you need to depress it quite a lot to engage the gear). also the bounce back resistance on your leg is too much. If you drive in this fashion for about 10-20kms of city traffic, do you feel any pain on your legs?

Also at my height and seating position, there is hardly any space left for someone at the back of my height to sit. can you give me the same details from your context? height and rear seating space?

cheers!
Old 5th September 2010, 23:17   #88
BHPian

Nav, Is there any problem with doors. I have observed, in a showroom car, that the doors are not opening properly. Any tattling issues?
Old 6th September 2010, 10:51   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
nav, a few questions for you. i m of 5'11" height. I felt that the clutch of the punto petrol has too much play (you need to depress it quite a lot to engage the gear). also the bounce back resistance on your leg is too much. If you drive in this fashion for about 10-20kms of city traffic, do you feel any pain on your legs?

Also at my height and seating position, there is hardly any space left for someone at the back of my height to sit. can you give me the same details from your context? height and rear seating space?

cheers!
I am not sure, but I guess the backfire effect of the clutch is not there anymore. It was because of some issue with slave cylinder. It is replaced FOC by FIAT in all older (Nov 2009) models of Punto and Linea. My Punto is Mar 2010 and there is no backfire from the clutch. A long clutch pla is still there but its a typical FIAT thing. My Palio also had a long clutch play.
Old 20th October 2011, 00:32   #90

Re: Punto, in mera wala Red (1.4 Petrol Emotion Pack)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredeviljpr View Post
It's nice to know that you are getting a good FE from you 1.4. Correct me if I am wrong, Punto 1.4 FIRE is capable of giving a good FE i.e around 18-20km/l provided it's driven properly.

I too own a 1.4 and at times have got FE of around 18-20 for a short stretch of 1-2 km but then Pune's traffic does not allow to get that FE consistently.

I have no idea how you guys manage such figures! I have a 1.4 punto as well,and trust me when i say that i have not got more than 8 km/litre at any time.My cars yet to go in for first service so am very much hoping the figure improves (by leaps and bounds for me to be happy) The onboard computer shows a mileage of 11-12 in city with ac on,but when i tank up an divide the kms done by the total liters then i get a paltry figure of 7-8.and i hardly pump the accelerator as i am still in the running in period.anyone else getting such low figures on 1.4?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks