Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 10:53   #31
BHPian

Got tints and seat covers

Hey guys

Got sunfilm installed on the car.The whole look of the car has changed and it looks 'wow'!
Would take good pics over the weekend and put it up.
Black tints did not suit the car well so went in with these tints.The car looks super hot with these.
Also have put up leather seats.
Attached Thumbnails
Me and my Fiat PUNTO in this beautiful world - 1.2 petrol variant!-carwithtints.jpg  

Me and my Fiat PUNTO in this beautiful world - 1.2 petrol variant!-ls1.jpg  

Me and my Fiat PUNTO in this beautiful world - 1.2 petrol variant!-ls2.jpg  

Old 9th September 2009, 11:44   #32
BHPian

Hi Rajini ,

I am getting a Punto Active MJD in the coming week , i enquired with the dealer on the central locking , he is advising me to not to go for central locking from different vendor like Minda, as Fiat is going to provide the accessory in a month or so .

Can you please share your experience on the same and also which sunfilms you have put on your car , i enquired here and the dealer is charging me 3800 Rs for Garware [Grey - 30].
Old 9th September 2009, 12:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hi rajinibm,

Where did you install sun films and brand/model?from Xenos itself.
meanwhile,Seat covers are not fitted properly.
Where did you fit it and price for the seat covers?
Old 11th September 2009, 03:36   #34
BHPian

congratulations!! wow i cant believe it looks so good!!

i have a few questions.

if i were to buy punto 1.2 which i am thinking of in the near future!

i would like to make few small changes!!

1) can we change the black plastic door handles and just the ORVMs to body colour by paying little extra at dealership. i dont mind paying some extra charge i just dont like plastic bits!! because i would go for the red color and if i couldn't then my choice would be to go for black color to camouflage the cheap mirrors and door handles!! actually i like both colors! its just visually it would look great with body coloured handles and ORVMs in Red..

2) interiors!! i just wanna know are they better than swift or better!! which car other car you can compare it to!! ritz perhaps!? (talking about plastic quality and dashboard area)

3)ooh and what about key-less entry!! i think if you installed auto-cop warranty probs arise!! or else can these be fitted at the dealer without warranty issues??

i understood that you can get the central locking done from outside!! great.

just concerned about the warranty and some basic stuff!! wondering these changes can be made by paying something extra!!

and have you thought about alloys?? are you into this or this is just a car for commutes. no pimping !!
Old 11th September 2009, 06:32   #35
BHPian

Congrats Rajini... The car looks too good. Happy driving.
Old 11th September 2009, 12:51   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajeshi View Post
Hi Rajini ,

I am getting a Punto Active MJD in the coming week , i enquired with the dealer on the central locking , he is advising me to not to go for central locking from different vendor like Minda, as Fiat is going to provide the accessory in a month or so .

Can you please share your experience on the same and also which sunfilms you have put on your car , i enquired here and the dealer is charging me 3800 Rs for Garware [Grey - 30].
-I just enquired with FIAT - PUNE and they say nothing in pipe line for the next couple of months,though concorde says it should have it in around a month or so.
My central locking is pending - should get done tomorrow as I am not in town.Installing remote locking would in most possibily void the warrant ( I have already installed music system so the warranty is already suspect).

Ill Give the details for the sunfilm by tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Hi rajinibm,

Where did you install sun films and brand/model?from Xenos itself.
meanwhile,Seat covers are not fitted properly.
Where did you fit it and price for the seat covers?
Hey Karthik,shall give the details of the sunfilms and seat cover tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
1) can we change the black plastic door handles and just the ORVMs to body colour by paying little extra at dealership. i dont mind paying some extra charge i just dont like plastic bits!! because i would go for the red color and if i couldn't then my choice would be to go for black color to camouflage the cheap mirrors and door handles!! actually i like both colors! its just visually it would look great with body coloured handles and ORVMs in Red..

- Yes you can get the above things changed.I too need to get these changed.Also Xenos said last week they have got the mudflaps and other accesories for punto witht hem.

2) interiors!! i just wanna know are they better than swift or better!! which car other car you can compare it to!! ritz perhaps!? (talking about plastic quality and dashboard area)

- I have never sat in both these cars!Regarding plastic quality - the door locking levers seems very flimsy.Feels they would break anytime.Most of the plastics would feel -like they have to be handled with care.

3)ooh and what about key-less entry!! i think if you installed auto-cop warranty probs arise!! or else can these be fitted at the dealer without warranty issues??

- remote locking getting it installed tomorrow.Warranty would become void.
- Without warrant getting void only sunfilm and seat cover you can get installed would be my guess.

i understood that you can get the central locking done from outside!! great.

-Yes Xenos is doing it and a t-BHP member had said MINDA also does it.

just concerned about the warranty and some basic stuff!! wondering these changes can be made by paying something extra!!

-Yes every thing can be done for a price.

-music system, speakers,remote lock and rear sensors for all these I would be paying 18k.This is from xenos.

and have you thought about alloys?? are you into this or this is just a car for commutes. no pimping !!
-yes did look around for alloys initially but havent actively lately.But would be changing it a couple of months down the line.
-The car is just for commutes!20 kms a day - home to work and back thats all!No ideas of a pimped punto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarman_008 View Post
Congrats Rajini... The car looks too good. Happy driving.
-Thanks!
Old 11th September 2009, 14:27   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
No ideas of a pimped punto.
thanks for all the info!! BY pimping i just meant getting alloys n stuff!! adding spoiler etc.

and about the interior door handles. well they wont be chrome painted and sleek for the price. so i guess overall its should be okay!! no big deal

my friend has a swift!! i never sat in one before. but the day he bought it. he came to my house and we went for joy rides . but i was so dissapointed with the plastic. its pathetic man!! i didnt said anything to him. he would get sad if had said it . he was happy he just got a swift hehe.

oh and one more thing if you can tell me!! how is the leg room at the backseats on the punto !! is it okayish!! or what?

Last edited by Caramelo : 11th September 2009 at 14:29.
Old 11th September 2009, 14:33   #38
Senior - BHPian

Surely nothing will void the warranty instead not to cut for joints in the car wiring.
I am sure Xenos use some type of clips for joints.
so don't worry.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 11th September 2009, 14:53   #39
Senior - BHPian

Rajini, the tints look great.

The leather seat looks good, but the fitting is all screwed up. Ask them to make it more snug.
Old 11th September 2009, 15:04   #40
BHPian

Quote:
thanks for all the info!! BY pimping i just meant getting alloys n stuff!! adding spoiler etc.

Ohhh ok!I thought serious tuning, turning it into a car which could try for F1's kinda!

and about the interior door handles. well they wont be chrome painted and sleek for the price. so i guess overall its should be okay!! no big deal

The interior door handles are same black coloured and you could get them painted chrome perhaps.But the door handles doont look bad but feel very dicey when you touch them.

oh and one more thing if you can tell me!! how is the leg room at the backseats on the punto !! is it okayish!! or what?

The legroom is not too bad for short drives,on long drives it could be uncomfortable i should say for tall people
Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Surely nothing will void the warranty instead not to cut for joints in the car wiring.
I am sure Xenos use some type of clips for joints.
so don't worry.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
The funny thing is TAFE said even if you dont cut wires,but if you do install even a music system the warranty goes void!
Yes karthik I agree with what you say!

And nowadays daily the day seems incomplete if I dont get a message from u!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Rajini, the tints look great.

The leather seat looks good, but the fitting is all screwed up. Ask them to make it more snug.
Hey Gilead - Ill take some more pics and put up of the tint.It actually has a slight hint of reflective in it.We tried black but this seemed to suit better.

The seats are supposed to be loose fitting it seems!!
Old 11th September 2009, 15:12   #41
BHPian

Thanks a lot man ...

what was the chip missing for installing Xenos even i am planning to get it installed .

And please share the Sunfilm specification , Brand and price .

One last question will 6" speaker can be fitted in the front ?.
Old 11th September 2009, 15:56   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And nowadays daily the day seems incomplete if I dont get a message from u!!

As of now, i don't have any work.
Till next month I am totally free.
Only time pass is surfing team-Bhp.
So you definitley get some mesages daily from my side.

Then I am having some issue with newly installed WindShield sunfilm from Xenos.
Seems some manufacturing defects in the films or installation issue.
Xenos Manager, Mr.Subramanian and a techincal guy might be coming to my place on Sunday to check the problem.
He already assured me to change the film.But i want to know the reason of the problem.

Thought you also installed sunfilms from Xenos itself.
Have you used WindShield Sunfilm ?
Old 13th September 2009, 23:34   #43
BHPian

Tints are great Rajini, I have also booked the same colour, can you let me know about the sun film.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balajeshi View Post
One last question will 6" speaker can be fitted in the front ?.
Yes, you can fit 6" speaker in the front door.
Old 15th September 2009, 18:50   #44
BHPian

Quote:
The funny thing is TAFE said even if you dont cut wires,but if you do install even a music system the warranty goes void!
Yes karthik I agree with what you say!

what!! this is crazy! so basically if you do any kind of mods. simple thing like ICE installation then your warranty goes for a toss???

so raj your warranty is gone???. should we care for warranty because its gonna go anyways it seems.

Quote:
The seats are supposed to be loose fitting it seems!!
yeah i was gonna say that but didn't want to sound impolite or mean. but i think they r loose!! you should get them fixed again. they look nice though.

and can we have some interior pics too.

Last edited by Caramelo : 15th September 2009 at 18:56.
Old 20th September 2009, 13:56   #45

Quote:
what!! this is crazy! so basically if you do any kind of mods. simple thing like ICE installation then your warranty goes for a toss???

so raj your warranty is gone???. should we care for warranty because its gonna go anyways it seems.

yeah i was gonna say that but didn't want to sound impolite or mean. but i think they r loose!! you should get them fixed again. they look nice though.

and can we have some interior pics too.
Hi
Me too wanna see the interiors..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks