Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2005, 23:31   #46
Senior - BHPian

Congrats GTO. May be now you have to think thrice before you choose your ride for the day (MB, VTEC & Jeep).
Old 11th July 2005, 00:53   #47
BHPian

All Mercedes-Benz CBU's have xenon headlamps with washers as an option. Be it a A, C, E, G, S, CL, CLK, CLS, SLK, SL or M Class.
Old 11th July 2005, 07:05   #48
BHPian

for HID, European regulations call for headlight washers as well as automatic load-leveling ,that is why all FACTORY FITTED HID cars come with headlight washers .

the L&K , the Vrs and the superb all have headlight washers
so does the mondeo and S-class

and i mean all the new generation cars only ....

In europe SOME manufactures on their own accord have been giving headlight cleaning systems like the small wipers on the old s-class since quite a few years .. but most like the VAG group did not ..

the Superb has BI-xenons !!!! i am 100% sure !
it has 2 xenon bulbs in each headligh costing 11K a peice
Old 11th July 2005, 22:18   #49
BHPian

Vow, congo GTO . Seriously , even i am surprised or should i say "i coudn't believe my eyes" but as someone has said a merc is a merc and you dont wanna lay your hands anywhere else
once you 've purchased a merc .

The problem is that if anyone of us want to purchase a car in the price bracket of 25-30 lac , there's bloody no option left except for a c class and the scenario wont change unless A4 and 3 series land here .

Nonetheless a superb buy GTO . Enjoy .
Old 11th July 2005, 22:30   #50
BHPian

Congradulations GTO on the beautifull car. I was quite surprised that u bought one more merc, after that lengthy thread and the lengthy bill with many zeros!!.
Guess the lure of the three pointed star was too much!!....
Old 11th July 2005, 22:32   #51
Senior - BHPian

GTO, can you walk us thro the selection criteria. (I dont recall seeing it in What Car section).
I mean, the C220 is a great car and has no real local competetion, but has been in production for about 5 years now and will probably be replaced in a year.....and not to mention the tight and low rear quarters and the poor reliability record.

On the other had a E90 BMW 320d has just been launched worldwide and should be available with Navnit motors.
The C220 goes for 25L and I'm just curious what Navnit's price is for the 320d and if you considered it.

Last edited by Mpower : 11th July 2005 at 22:47.
Old 11th July 2005, 23:27   #52
BHPian

Hey, um, i know i prolly sound stupid right now, but just how do headlight washers help the car in any way...?
Old 12th July 2005, 00:01   #53
Senior - BHPian

The headlight washers spray water with high force on the headlamps which removes the dirt deposited on the headlight screen(i:e the glass cover).and restores their brightness.

it is particularly useful when driving on a motorway(highway) on a rainy day,when lot of muck is deposited on the headlamps if u follow cars closely at high speeds.after some time due to the muck the headlights get dimmer and cause visibility concerns.
Old 12th July 2005, 00:14   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
GTO, can you walk us thro the selection criteria. (I dont recall seeing it in What Car section).
I mean, the C220 is a great car and has no real local competetion, but has been in production for about 5 years now and will probably be replaced in a year.....and not to mention the tight and low rear quarters and the poor reliability record.

On the other had a E90 BMW 320d has just been launched worldwide and should be available with Navnit motors.
The C220 goes for 25L and I'm just curious what Navnit's price is for the 320d and if you considered it.
Buddy the C220 has come into india just a year back or so. It replaced the C200 CDI, there is no signs of it being replaced anytime soon as getting something like the C270 CDI will just bump up the price closer to the E.
The 320d would have to be imported and hence the price would be much higher than the C220 so i guess the BMW 3 series is no competition to the C until its locally made.
Either ways i dont think GTO had much choice in his case
Old 12th July 2005, 00:28   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Buddy the C220 has come into india just a year back or so. It replaced the C200 CDI, there is no signs of it being replaced anytime soon as getting something like the C270 CDI will just bump up the price closer to the E.
The 320d would have to be imported and hence the price would be much higher than the C220 so i guess the BMW 3 series is no competition to the C until its locally made.
Either ways i dont think GTO had much choice in his case
i think what he wanted to say was,the Mercedes C-class is nearing the end of its production cycle(current model) and will be replaced by a new model next year.
Old 12th July 2005, 02:10   #56
Senior - BHPian

Ya, thanks Merve. I was refering to the W203 body style. Both Merc and BMW never launch new engines and new bodystyles simulatenously. How much does it cost out of the door anyway? I recall Vulken mentioned he shelled 30L for the C200K.

Last edited by Mpower : 12th July 2005 at 02:16.
Old 12th July 2005, 02:19   #57
Senior - BHPian

I'm confused. I thought the C class is India is atleast a SKD unit, if not built locally.
Old 12th July 2005, 08:42   #58
BHPian

The C Class is a CKD, so is the E. The S Class is an SKD.
Old 12th July 2005, 12:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_55_AMG
All Mercedes-Benz CBU's have xenon headlamps with washers as an option. Be it a A, C, E, G, S, CL, CLK, CLS, SLK, SL or M Class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_55_AMG
The C Class is a CKD, so is the E. The S Class is an SKD.
Then how do the Xenons show up on the E, if it an SKD?

CLS, it's great to have a professional on board to clear all these doubts! Thanks!
Old 12th July 2005, 13:57   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Then how do the Xenons show up on the E, if it an SKD?
the E-class does not have Xenons,atleast not as standard.I think they are projector type headlights,which look similar to Xenons.even the mondeo has similar lights but they were not xenons.Xenon is more of a light bulb tech than a reflector design.The E-class is a CKD.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 12th July 2005 at 14:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks